SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-12, 06:30 AM   #121
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Von Hesse:

Quote:
The game loaded fine --no CTD-- and, as best as I can tell with just a short experimental run, everything appears to be working as described, save for one obvious omission: the weather meter was not visible.
Well done!

The weather meter: you must toggle ON the following:
1. The 'Noise Meter' (also sometimes called the 'Stealth Meter') in the original list of SH3 Options (that is, the options that you can pick when you start a new patrol in the original game of Silent Hunter III.)
2. The 'Weather Meter' option must also be ticked ON in the Hsie/Stiebler Options Selector.

Stiebler.

Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-12, 11:17 PM   #122
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Von Hesse:

Well done!

The weather meter: you must toggle ON the following:
1. The 'Noise Meter' (also sometimes called the 'Stealth Meter') in the original list of SH3 Options (that is, the options that you can pick when you start a new patrol in the original game of Silent Hunter III.)
2. The 'Weather Meter' option must also be ticked ON in the Hsie/Stiebler Options Selector.

Stiebler.

D'oh! I have mentioned that my belfry is slowly growing more populated with bats, haven't I?
Old 11-13-12, 05:35 AM   #123
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0
Default Change grid mod

Up and running fine

and this one

Thank you Stiebler and H.sie!
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 03:54 PM   #124
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Help requested

Please help if you can. I'm going insane and my head is splitting. I know what's 'wrong', and I know what's needed to fix it. And (worse) I used to be able to fix things like this, but my mind no longer is up to it.

Below is the list of my current mods. I know there are some minor conflicts (notably with sh3.sdl) due to what they are and the order they're installed. For the most part, though, it all runs extremely well. Except . . .

Except for the conflict with the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods with the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod. I'm virtually positive it comes down to the en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files.

Would anyone, please, help me with a compatibility patch so that I can run the FM mods along with the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1? And also help me figure out why F9 and F10 no longer work, too?

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown
Combined SH3.SDL LB&D+FM_NI+SubPens
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
New Uboat Guns 1.2
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Real Depth Charge
Searchlights_Removed
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Foam
Combat Radio Frequency
Flags_enlighten
Pascal_portpeople
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5 [Without Red Circle]
Rapt0r's Das Boot Skin
Sobers 3D waves
Officer symbol
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
b25_ConningTower_Mid
B25_Deck_Crew_Ambient
B25_SeaFloorV.1.0_Full
b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
hydrophone depth charge
Ambient Hydrophone Sound
Ambient Underwater Sound
Extreme Wet Weather Gear Mod
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Kaleun's Cap
KJF_Moon_v1.1
RL_E v2 Daily Double 0600_2300
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Aces' Radio Room Postcards
Aces' Modified Headphones
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX
WB's Decks Awash + Fuel Economy
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
LRT v2.04 Full
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
TeifeMkI(German)
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo Hydrophone Sound
b25_Louder_Diesels_Louder
Air Torpedo_mod_v2.0
O2-Gauges v2
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1

Last edited by Albrecht Von Hesse; 11-30-12 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-01-12, 11:28 AM   #125
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Albrecht Von Hesse
Please help if you can. I'm going insane and my head is splitting. I know what's 'wrong', and I know what's needed to fix it. And (worse) I used to be able to fix things like this, but my mind no longer is up to it.

Below is the list of my current mods. I know there are some minor conflicts (notably with sh3.sdl) due to what they are and the order they're installed. For the most part, though, it all runs extremely well. Except . . .

Except for the conflict with the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods with the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod. I'm virtually positive it comes down to the en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files.

Would anyone, please, help me with a compatibility patch so that I can run the FM mods along with the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1? And also help me figure out why F9 and F10 no longer work, too?
SSS
You need to use for editing Aces Combined SH3 SDL Files http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=165142 http://www.gamefront.com/files/15856...L_Files_v2_rar & dx9res10 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=dx9res10 http://www.mediafire.com/?2onggydyiku
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 04:50 PM   #126
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Anvart!

Thanks for the quick response. It's not the sound issue, though, that is frustrating me. To the best of my knowledge what the issue is, is that the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod has it's own, specific en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files that render inoperable the commands contained in the en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files of the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods.

Once I activate the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod (which is absolutely necessary in order to have Stielbler's hardcode patch to correctly operate) all the commands used by the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods no longer work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061SSS
You need to use for editing Aces Combined SH3 SDL Files [URL
Old 12-02-12, 01:20 AM   #127
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
Hi Anvart!

Thanks for the quick response. It's not the sound issue, though, that is frustrating me. To the best of my knowledge what the issue is, is that the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod has it's own, specific en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files that render inoperable the commands contained in the en_menu.txt and menu_1024_768.ini files of the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods.

Once I activate the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 mod (which is absolutely necessary in order to have Stielbler's hardcode patch to correctly operate) all the commands used by the FM30_UpDown_final / FM_NewInterior_V1.0 / FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown mods no longer work.
If the problem is about en_menu and menu_1024_768 download winmerge
compare the files from both mods and see what the differences are.
Comparing txt or ini files with Winmerge is a piece of cake.

Then merge for example merge your en_menu with the en_menu from a mod , a little renumbering might be neccesary and you are ready to go.
Check also the en_commands files of the mods to see what changes they do.

IMO , this is neccesary if you have a heavily modded en_txt or menu_1024 files , as I have.

Hope I helped
Gute Jadg Herr Kaleun
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 06:13 AM   #128
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

SSS
Compare Yours Commands_хх.cfg files!
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 09:36 AM   #129
Vermin
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

Just to clarify:

Using the Fido mod, From the readme:

1) Every aircraft that would drop depth bombs will now also drop a FIDO (after Fido is available)?

2) Fido will only be used on submerged/periscope depth U-boat?

3) Fido will also be used even if u-boat is very near convoy or under attack by surface vessels?

Thanks

Vermin
Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 06:57 AM   #130
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Vermin:

Quote:
1) Every aircraft that would drop depth bombs will now also drop a FIDO (after Fido is available)?
Yes. But note that aircraft that carry depthcharges mostly also carry bombs, and (usually) will drop bombs, not depthcharges. So there is not an attack by Fido after most air attacks.

Quote:
2) Fido will only be used on submerged/periscope depth U-boat?
No, it will be dropped on a surfaced U-boat too. But again, bombs are more likely to be dropped. However, you have very little chance of escape if attacked by Fido while on the surface, because the acoustic torpedo homes in on your speed.

Quote:
3) Fido will also be used even if u-boat is very near convoy or under attack by surface vessels?
Yes. Just as bombs and depthcharges will also be dropped on you even if you are under a merchantship. That was part of the devs' original code.

One more item concerning Fido and U-boat operation in SH3:
Just recently, I discovered for the first time that, if the U-boat is nearly stationary underwater and you click on 'resume course', the U-boat speed jumps up to medium speed. A Fido sunk me as a result; I thought I was still drifting slowly round at <1 kt - until I got hit. That was a dirty trick by the devs - when I say 'resume course', I mean 'turn to set heading'. I do not mean 'turn to set heading at medium speed'.

I hope all is clear now.
Stiebler.
Old 02-09-13, 10:07 PM   #131
Vermin
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

Thanks Stiebler!

The resume course = medium speed bug is a real PITA!

Regards

Vermin
Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 06:58 AM   #132
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

I just noticed that an entry has to be added to en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt, otherwise the BdU message to return to base after you have suffered heavy damage gives only a blank screen:

The entries to add are:
(for en_menu.txt)
; Low on fuel:
4834=Severe damages! Return to base as ordered!

(for de_menu.txt)
; Low on fuel:
4834=Schwere Schäden! Rückmarsch antreten! Einlaufhafen wie befohlen!

You can place these entries at the beginning of the extra lines that H.sie added to en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt.
This message will be activated when you send a status report to BdU, after your U-boat hull integrity is below 50%. (There is a random effect in the messages; sometimes you will get a message to repeat the last message, or similar, so just keep sending messages until you are told to return to base.)

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 02-14-13 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Change to the German as recommended by La Vache and SSB.
Old 02-11-13, 07:54 AM   #133
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Stiebler, do you have a stable game with all of your current mod lists? And if so could you please upload your .mip or whatever file it is JSGME creates when you save a mod profile?? I have a ton of my old mods but cannot get them stable like I once had them Never saved my list
Old 02-11-13, 02:00 PM   #134
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

Hallo Stiebler

Am a big fan of their patch.

Recommending:
(for de_menu.txt)
; Low on fuel:
4834=Schwere Schäden! Rückmarsch antreten! Einlaufhafen wie befohlen!

It suffices to attach the line to the xx_menu.txt?
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 05:21 PM   #135
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@CaseySmith:

This is my mod order, activated with JSGME, and installed in the order shown:
1. NYGM 2.5
2. NYGM 3_New
3. NYGM3_6B
4. HsieV16B1
5. Stiebler4B Addon
6. AllAirTorpedoes (found in the documentation for NYGM3_6B)
7. Hitman Optics3.3 (Fixed) (found in the documentation for NYGM3_6B)
8. MFM-Interim-Beta (IABL) (I have reduced this somewhat from the original huge size, and all clashes of American ships with British ships (eg M18A, M18B) have been separated randomly - so I have M18B, not M18A, but elsewhere I might have T18A but not T18B.
9. MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM

That is all - CTDs and bad game save/reloads are virtually unknown. Note that items (8) and (9) can be replaced by IABLshipsforNYGM_New, a smaller but well tested selection.

Apart from items (4) and (8), all can be downloaded from the NYGM web-site by clicking on my logo below.

@La Vache:
Quote:
It suffices to attach the line to the xx_menu.txt?
Yes, that is all that is necessary. Glad you like the Hsie V16B1 and Stiebler4b patches.

Stiebler.