Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-14-10, 12:59 PM   #1
Bert66
Swabbie

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default Steel Fury 1.5 V's TvT (modded)

Chaps i am hours away from pulling the trigger on Zeewolfs payware but i also have Steel Fury 1.5. To the people who have both is the payware worth it?

Do you regard TvT as the superior game as regards to realisim? As that is the most important part to me.

Old 10-15-10, 02:13 AM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default TvsT versus SF

Hi Bert,

My answer is yes ZeeWolf's work is definitely worth the money but only if you are planning to keep and play TvsT for the foreseeable future! I have both games so you don't think I am being biased. I have multiple installations of Steel Fury with SP 1.4, Sp 1.5 unofficial and 1.5 beta) all the mods and missions including user-made missions I did for myself and I have ZeeWolf's Tvst as well as the stock Tvst.My advice is play both!

Note that ZeeWolf's work is strictly focussed on SP; if you're in for the multiplayer side of TvsT then save your money.

SF is an excellent tank sim which I enjoy very much while ZeeWolf has turned TvsT from a dead-end into an excellent tank sim with a future which is why I bought into his work. Both games differ somewhat in their approach. I don't like comparisons nor would I say one is superior because it all depends on what makes you tick really.

TvsT has slightly better graphics and thanks to ZeeWolf the numerous bugs of the stock game have been eliminated, new models and missions have been introduced as well as other improvements and that sim now has a bright future .New tanks and new missions are about to be relased this week( read ZeeWolf's post of yesterday and last but not least you get ZeeWolf's outstanding support and assistance always!
SF offers more variety in vehicles and missions, has a very friendly mission editor and is actively supported by a dynamic community of modders.There are pros and cons to both games which is why I have both.I enjoy them in their own right.As for realism like all sims realism is present in both games but the AI is always what really limits realism. As Skybird would doubtless say if you want the most realistic tank sim currently available then you will have to settle for Steel Beasts.But it's not a WWII sim.and it's more expensive.

Hope I helped you make your mind up!

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 02:10 PM   #3
Bert66
Swabbie

Downloads: 74

Thanks for your time in explaining these two games.
I already have Steel Beasts Pro so feel most games have to live up to that but as you say it is not WW2.
I am going to sit on the fence for a little longer on this one as A-10 has come out and that is the same price and i feel has more to offer at this point....cheers.
Bert66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 07:06 PM   #4
Rends
Watch

i got both SF and TVT for less than 10$ each game.
SF from gamersgate download version and TVT from Amazon boxed.
Rends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 11:07 PM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Your |Loss!

It´s your loss Bert66! Good luck with A10 as in the A10 Warthog tank killer??????. A worthy successor of the Stuka as panzerknacker and largely designed based on the advice of Hans Ulrich Rudel, the famous Tank/killer Ace.

Ought to be fun!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote