SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-21, 09:44 PM   #1
Paladin132
Sailor man

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default New errors

Howdy:

I tried moving from TMO to FOTRS. I started with a clean install and did everything I think I could according to the procedures. Then I get, as it loads, a stop error that I have to alt-tab out to see; there is a new (not implemented) page; <PageChooseLoadSave> !

I uninstalled, verified local files (steam version) and reinstalled TMO... now I have the same problem there.

Anyone able to set me back on course?
Paladin132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 10:07 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
Howdy:

I tried moving from TMO to FOTRS. I started with a clean install and did everything I think I could according to the procedures. Then I get, as it loads, a stop error that I have to alt-tab out to see; there is a new (not implemented) page; <PageChooseLoadSave> !

I uninstalled, verified local files (steam version) and reinstalled TMO... now I have the same problem there.

Anyone able to set me back on course?
yep. Common thing.
even though you did a "clean install", SH4 re-uses the SaveGame folder structure in My Documents. you need to delete from here down:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\SH4\data\cfg

and then restart TMO and you should be just fine.
good luck with TMO.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 05:34 PM   #3
Paladin132
Sailor man

Plot twist: Nothing in that folder at all connected to SH4. Could it be somewhere else?
Old 01-11-21, 06:43 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Plot twist: Nothing in that folder at all connected to SH4. Could it be somewhere else?
ok, if you say so.
here is a screenshot of my Stock installation and i assure you that EVERY file in this screen is connected to SH4 Operation and game saves.
a typical SH4 user should delete all of the files and folders displayed here every time they perform a reinstall, unless they are using MultiSH for separate SH4 installs. But...that is not what you said you were doing, so let's leave that out for now.

Good luck!

LAA enabled
Old 01-11-21, 07:15 PM   #5
Paladin132
Sailor man

Please show me where I've gone wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tempsnip.jpg (64.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-11-21, 07:37 PM   #6
Paladin132
Sailor man

So I used your screenshot to look around and found a similar file structure but it was on onedrive (something that unfortunately I didn't know about until after my new computer started using it and I haven't really messed with). Now, I deleted it. Still the same problem. And I can't find those files anywhere else after running a search and poking around. So odd that it ran it once and now told me no haha. What do you think?
Old 01-11-21, 08:14 PM   #7
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
So I used your screenshot to look around and found a similar file structure but it was on onedrive (something that unfortunately I didn't know about until after my new computer started using it and I haven't really messed with). Now, I deleted it. Still the same problem. And I can't find those files anywhere else after running a search and poking around. So odd that it ran it once and now told me no haha. What do you think?
ok, Onedrive is not something i thought that a home user would subscribe to, so i never considered it. hmmm, i'll have to keep that in mind for the "next" time.

ok, next, the Savefolders are NOT part of installation. SURPRIZE!! Savefolders are created when you launch SH4 for the first time. Going by the book, when you launch SH4 for the first time, you should head directly for the Options in order to set the Gameplay, Graphic and Audio options for Single Missions and War Patrols. you then exit and re-enter SH4 and your Options are now effective. This is when the Savefolder structure is created. Since yours were created on OneDrive i have to conclude that your default Documents and Settings are part of a OneDrive network backup storage system. i have to admit you are the first Subsim user who has admitted that their Savefolders are part of a OneDrive backup. Not sure what effect that will have on the game. TBD. Let's press on.

Later on, when you decide to begin a career, there is a second set of Gameplay, Graphic and Audio options for careers.

Now about the most recent CTD, you purchased your SH4 from Steam, eh. okay, in what folder did you install it?

LAA enabled
Old 01-11-21, 08:22 PM   #8
Paladin132
Sailor man

I put it into my D:/Gaming/steamapps/common/Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific.

Just to make clear it doesn't CTD, it gives me that error if I run it with TMO or FOTRS Ultimate installed with Generic Mod Enabler. It worked with TMO, I uninstalled it and then SH4, then reinstalled SH4, ran it to the menu, closed, installed FotrS and then tried running it and got the error. It gets to where the task bar is all the way across and stops and if I alt tab out I find the error window.

Not sure any of that helped, but wanted to make sure you had a good picture.

As far as one drive, I have NO idea how it wound up over there, I never selected it. That's why I never thought to look in there, I've never used the silly thing but the computer was set up to use it for some things and apparently does.
Old 01-11-21, 09:36 PM   #9
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I put it into my D:/Gaming/steamapps/common/Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific.

Just to make clear it doesn't CTD, it gives me that error if I run it with TMO or FOTRS Ultimate installed with Generic Mod Enabler. It worked with TMO, I uninstalled it and then SH4, then reinstalled SH4, ran it to the menu, closed, installed FotrS and then tried running it and got the error. It gets to where the task bar is all the way across and stops and if I alt tab out I find the error window.

Not sure any of that helped, but wanted to make sure you had a good picture.
ok. read this previous post. it sounds like it is the same issue.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=211264

LAA enabled
Old 01-15-21, 07:53 PM   #10
Paladin132
Sailor man

That got me up and running on TMO. Thank you so much. Good grief I was struggling.