SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-08, 02:58 AM   #1
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default [REL] Jyunsen B, Kaichu and kaidai IJN mod

New Jyunsen B, Type AM, Kaidai and Kaichu mod version 3.9.x

I've made a new mod with four stand-alone IJN submarines (the IJN torpedo mod is included, with Takao's remarks about the kaiten as well):

Campaigns are available from Penang only (so far, Peabody's IJN Campaign is coming soon and the subs will be modified accordingly).

I haven't tested the compatibility with operation Monsun yet, but as IJN subs operated in the Indian Ocean as well I think it would be nice to include them there.

Includes :

Kaidai new tower with detailed inside
Type AM with detailed tower and snorkel
Jyunsen B new texture,
NEW detailed tower with railing,
driver and floor at correct height,
New hull texture
AA crew, depth and scopes fixes by Peabody
New IJN Telegraph
IJN radar type 22 (rotating)

IJN torpedo mod including Kaiten

Takao's IJN name and rank mod

2 single missions by Peabody :

Jyunsen B Carrier Attack
Jyunsen B vs Convoy

Loading screens by John Meeks (#1,2,3,4,5,7,10)

loading screen by Michel Guyot (#6)

for pictures of the loading screens go to :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139556

coming :

japanese faces mod
Sledgehammer427's textures

Enjoy !

Keltos

with new occlusion map :

and from the bow :

Bridge view :

Bridge view :

Interior of tower toward tub :

Tower from above :

www.combinedfleet.com

Kaichu type submarine :

Kaidai type 4 submarine :

Torpedo loadout Kaidai :

Torpedo loadout Jyunsen B :

version 3.7 available through SHMF too
The mod is not yet finished, as it only will be when it'll be ontegrated in the IJN campaign Climb Mount Niitaka.

But I have decided to release this version because it is much more advanced than the previous 3.7, has more subs and weapons.

I have had help from Elanaiba with the torpedoes sim file recently but that one isn't in this mod.

out of the 14 playable subs, only the Sen Toku is unfinished. So you get all the weapons and all from the 3.7 mod and more...

You now get a new Kaichu model, and the Sen Taka Fast Attack submarine too !

[B]
download link v 3.9.x :

Also available in the Subsim's download section now

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4936

Last edited by keltos01; 04-20-17 at 05:24 PM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 04:47 AM   #2
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much. Finally steps are being taken to have a Jap career. I applaude your hard work chap

Keep up the good work and dont get burnt out to quick. I really want to see this completed.
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 05:07 AM   #3
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default thanks

I appreciate it ! There aren't that many people outthere who want to play the other side..
I'd like to get the Sen Toku working though... Then the KRS mine laying sub, but that's still some time in the future.. I'd like to play too now and then !

Old 06-06-08, 08:40 AM   #4
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default Next sub : Sen Toku

WIP, still have to work on the conning tower 3d but getting there : it's already stand alone and fully workable :
ps if anyone finds a way to add two torpedo tubes so that it can have 8 like the real one and not just 6, please tell me how

Old 06-08-08, 05:19 AM   #5
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Whoops, double post.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-08-08 at 05:40 AM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:35 AM   #6
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
I appreciate it ! There aren't that many people outthere who want to play the other side..
I'd like to get the Sen Toku working though... Then the KRS mine laying sub, but that's still some time in the future.. I'd like to play too now and then !
Is that the Sen Taka or Toku? Own a ebook on Japanese subs of ww2 and it mentions the Sen Taka was the fastest submarine ever made during WW2, thats a first for me as i always thought the XXI was.

BTW very nice work Keltos. Will be dl that B cruiser

Heres some more pictures from the ebook.

This B Cruiser looks simular to the VIIC

Old 06-08-08, 05:39 AM   #7
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I believe he's referring to the Sen Toku (I-400), Not the Sen Taka (I-200), Since it's already in-game

Having an ultra-fast I-200 could be fun though

Note: The Sen Taka I-Boats might have been faster, But they lacked the XXI U-Boat's range...

Note 2: They were the fastest operational subs in WWII, The experimental Walther V-80 actually reached 28 knots submerged
Old 06-08-08, 03:40 PM   #8
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
WIP, still have to work on the conning tower 3d but getting there : it's already stand alone and fully workable :
ps if anyone finds a way to add two torpedo tubes so that it can have 8 like the real one and not just 6, please tell me how
Well, as you know Keltos I am working on the same one, but with a Gato. Since this is my first mod I am having a little trouble finding stuff, but the 8 tubes I have part way. I still need to figure out a few things, like the buttons and if you do it wrong, you lose your whole crew. I know, did it.:rotfl:.

Two deck guns, and two AA, both Deck guns are rear though (one is on the upper platform). The AA,s are in front and behind the bridge (hard to see in the pic) I need to move the water particles from the props back farther. Just need to figure out which ones they are.

Eight forward tubes:

The buttons are messed up, I have a few ideas on fixing, but need more time for figuring it out.

Eight fish on the way.

I am trying to finish up the Campaign to go with this so when I get things figured out, I'll let you know. Don't want to give you a bunch of mis-information and you mess up your whole MOD. Remember I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just learning, but I'm sure it's do-able. I just changed some info in dat, sim and the UPC. But, need more testing and some changes so it doesn't look like crap!!

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:24 PM   #9
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default waow ! eight tubes !!!

I've been trying to do that for a looong time ! you did it !

I'd really like to get your know how for the Sen Toku, as you know I was modding it out of a typ XVIII so that it would be german from the start (Heard somplace that it didn't work if you just changed the nationality to japanese). So with your help maybe we can get one working on the Axis side too.

I separated the tower from the sub, but everytime I import the 3d model of the tower there are bits missing, stil have to figure out why though.

@kiwi2005 : nice picts you sent ! I guess there are more classes moddable in the future then !

Old 06-08-08, 06:11 PM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I've been trying to do that for a looong time ! you did it !
Yup, saw your post and said there must be a way. So this afternoon I sat down and came up with what you see above, but like I say, just did it today so it hasn't had any testing and I'm sure there is a way to make it look better on the lights, not enough room. Do you know where the graphics are for the attack scope station or is it hardcoded?

Quote:
I'd really like to get your know how for the Sen Toku, as you know I was modding it out of a typ XVIII so that it would be german from the start (Heard somplace that it didn't work if you just changed the nationality to japanese). So with your help maybe we can get one working on the Axis side too.
Well, making it German gives you a built in career mode, but my holdup on releasing the sub, is that I have to write a Campaign to go with it. So maybe I made a bad choice, but I'm learning a lot.

Quote:
I separated the tower from the sub, but everytime I import the 3d model of the tower there are bits missing, stil have to figure out why though.

@kiwi2005 : nice picts you sent ! I guess there are more classes moddable in the future then !
Is there a reason you separated the tower? I couldn't separate it, I don't have a 3D program that I know how to use. EDIT: I noticed in one thread you commented on some handrails missing, the missing pieces on mine are where the ladders are, you sure that isn't what you are missing too?

My latest problem was getting crew to man two deck guns. Xantro and Mikhayl helped but I think they misunderstood the question. I had the guns I just didn't have the crew to man them.. Really funny attacking a merchant and one gun is fireing all by itself. But I figured it out, and now have four deck guns crewmembers.

Well, I have to get back to writing some RND layers for the Campaign. I found one thing it's hard to find info on the Japanese side on the internet. At least it's not as easy as finding Allied info.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 05:02 AM   #11
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default missing parts

for the missing bits :
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=135277&page=2

I have the book :
the japanese submarines and world war II
pretty good intel on the different missions, here's a bit I typed (we could use that thread to post intel found aos as to build a good campaign ?):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...115#post878115

Old 06-09-08, 09:32 AM   #12
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default IJN Type AM submarine

The AM (A Modified) type submarine was a large seaplane-carrying submarine, with a hangar space for 2 aircraft. These giant submarines were originally of the A2 type, but their design was revised after construction started so that they could carry a second aircraft. The seaplanes were to be the Aichi M6A1 bomber carrying 800 kg bombs.
The range and speed of these submarines was remarkable (21,000 nm at 16 knots), but their underwater performance was compromised

The tower is ready

so is the hull

at least on this one you'll be able to put quite a lot of hardware ! guns Xantro ! Guns !!

Last edited by keltos01; 06-09-08 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-10-08, 07:33 AM   #13
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

keltos01, Can you empty your message box so i can send what you asked for. Been trying to send it all day

Old 06-10-08, 08:22 AM   #14
Takao
Officer

Downloads: 1

Just a little constructive criticism. The hanger/conning tower is placed to far forward on the AM class/I-14. Looks like it should be moved aft about half the hanger length.
Also, the hanger was not flush with the starboard side of the hull. It looks to be that 2
men could walk comfortably side by side, or three men shoulder to shoulder. So I'd guess the distance is about 6-8 feet wide.

I'm getting ready for work right now, but will scan and post pics when I get back tonight.

Good Luck!
Takao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 08:45 AM   #15
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default aft

that' maybe cause I used the Jyunsen Hull ?? will move it aft though, thanks mate !