Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-21, 02:07 PM   #13621
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Can't be any more expensive than insulin in the US

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-07-21, 06:34 AM   #13622
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The EU's chief Brexit negotiator has said that legal action is imminent over the UK's move to unilaterally extend grace periods on Irish Sea border checks.

Maroš Šefčovič told the Financial Times that "infringement proceedings" are being prepared.

He said: "We are currently preparing it and it would be really something coming to our table very soon."

The EU has two legal avenues open to it under the Brexit deals.

Under the NI part of the Brexit deal, the Protocol, it can launch infringement proceedings which could lead to a case at the European Court of Justice

It took this action at the time when the UK threatened to breach the NI deal through the Internal Market Bill.

In that case the legal proceedings were overtaken by political agreement.

The EU could also seek arbitration under the terms of the wider EU-UK trade deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56285874

Old 03-07-21, 06:47 AM   #13623
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/t...campa/p098lmn7
Old 03-07-21, 06:53 AM   #13624
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

That is quite uncanny, brings back memories of a particular training lesson I underwent when becoming a LEO

Old 03-07-21, 07:11 AM   #13625
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

There is a cosim that reflects this simple principle very well in its playing sequence and the degrees of freedom you may have or have not per turn, that was one design feature that I always liked: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, not the Bohemia Interctive FPS, but the strategy and cosim title.

That was in principle a very good game, but some questionable numbers choosen to characterize certain units had me kind of loosing patience with it. M1 with hit probabilities of only 40%? C'mon! Even if it were the first fielded M1, the very early versions with much less advanced sights and thermals as today...

The merciless Sovjet artillery plow and their as devastating gunship strikes were uncomfortably well depicted, however.That game really made me fearing and hating these two. I added some substantial contributions to my treasury of swear words due to this game.
Old 03-07-21, 09:14 AM   #13626
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK's lead Brexit minister has called on the EU to "shake off any remaining ill will" over the UK's decision to leave the organisation.

Lord Frost said the EU's previous threat to block vaccine exports had "significantly undermined" post-Brexit measures in Northern Ireland.

He insisted the UK's unilateral move to extend grace periods on border checks was legal under the Brexit trade deal.

The EU disputes this, and is preparing to launch a legal challenge.

The UK has said it will delay new checks on goods arriving into Northern Ireland from Great Britain, agreed as part of the UK's withdrawal deal.

EU Commission Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič has called it a "violation" of the part of the deal relating to Northern Ireland and said legal action was imminent.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56311605

Old 03-08-21, 11:48 AM   #13627
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

All I'm going to say about the fall-out from the Harry and Meghan interview is I automatically thought of Prince Andrew when skin colour was mentioned.

My dad had quite a few dealings with the Royals when he worked for British Rail during the 70's and he always maintains that the best was Princess Anne and the worst Prince Andrew.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 03-08-21, 12:35 PM   #13628
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Sad me but I'm actually looking forward to seeing it on ITV tonight.

Old 03-08-21, 02:40 PM   #13629
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^Anyone can make unsubstantiated allegations and until Me-me-me-again Markle and halfwit Harry name names then that's what they'll always be, put your money where your mouth is Markle or STFU.

For someone who supposedly wants to lead a private life she certainly isn't going the right way about it but that doesn't make money does it.
This Markle currant is trouble with a capital T, she can smell the $$$$s rolling in from a continent away and if she can fabricate some info on the Royal family without incriminating herself she'll end up coining it in from all those thick yanks who believe her.

You only have to look at her history to know that this currant is a bad apple, she fell out with her siblings first and then her husband (sent him a letter with the engagement and wedding rings in it) she didn't have the guts to tell him that he wasn't any good for her career celebrity aspirations.

To top that off she fell out with her father, and then the future queen had to put her in her place when her unrealistic demands weren't being met by the palace aides, and finally she fell out with the Royal Family, if you can't see the pattern here then all those who can't must be as thick as planks.
Old 03-08-21, 04:25 PM   #13630
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I saw part of the interview last night. "She -who-must-be-obeyed" wanted to watch it so I watched part of it.

Honestly, they both come off as entitled spoiled brats. Meghan knew exactly what she was getting into when she married into the Royal family. She wants the wealth and presitige that comes from being a "Royal" while having the freedom to do and say what she wants.
Old 03-08-21, 06:21 PM   #13631
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Harry takes after his mum, for good or ill.

I've always maintained that the Royal Family wouldn't be in this type of mess if:

1. Charles hadn't dithered and married Camilla when he had the chance.

2. Camilla had been more patient and waited for him.

3. The Queen and Prince Philip had been more strict with Prince Andrew rather than indulging the spoiled self-entitled brat.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 03-09-21, 06:45 AM   #13632
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-09-21, 12:51 PM   #13633
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I'm at a loss here. Megan and Harry are leaving the UK due to the racist attitude of some folks in the royal family and the UK in general. They plan on going to the USA that has been labelled systematically racist and loaded with white supremacists.

Can someone help me understand what in Sam Hill is going on?
Old 03-09-21, 02:16 PM   #13634
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I not sure anyone has the faintest idea Chris.

Old 03-09-21, 02:18 PM   #13635
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I not sure anyone has the faintest idea Chris.
It seems to me Megan's movie career is over. She wanted the benefits of royalty but none of the work duties or requirements.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics