SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-22, 02:51 AM   #1
Topp1967
Watch

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0
Default DISKS

Apologies if this question has already been answered but I didnt know what the disks I am asking about are called.

I have recently returned to SH3 and using GWX/SH3 Cmdr and ARB Widescreed GUI and am really enjoying it again.

My questions are:
1 What is the disk on the nav map that can be access when navigator selected and what is it used for? Appears to be aligned to my vessels course with a revolving dial for my targets course.

2 What is the 3rd attack disk for it has a window to read off degrees and again how do you use it?

Happy hunting
Topp1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 08:05 PM   #2
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

In response to the first question this is from the Hitman GUI manual:

Quote:
XII. Slide-out wiz wheel for enemy course and AOB

The Lagewinkelscheibe (AOB plate) added is a copy on a real one, and its functions are more simplified and easy to use than the previous one incorporated in the U-Jagd tools. To make it appear, hover your mouse near the right edge of the screen, and it will slide out.

It will only work when the TDC is locked, and any of your optics trained at your target. The Uboat or ownship course is at the top, and the pointer will always show true bearings (i.e. relative to North, not to your Uboat’s bow).

To use the wiz wheel the only thing you have to do is pick the white centre wheel, which represents the target and:

A) Turn it so that the AOB is set opposite the mark “Lage” in the pointer.
Once done, you can read the target’s course in the outer black wheel.

Or

B) Turn it so that the enemy course is set at the external black wheel. Once done, you can read the target’s AOB opposite the mark “Lage” in the pointer.
It's a really simple and useful tool which I always like to use. Once I've ascertained a target's course I can just use this to calculate the AOB soon before firing. Easy. Nice that you can use it also in reverse and get course from AOB.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 12:07 AM   #3
Topp1967
Watch

Downloads: 124

Thanks you sir
Topp1967 is offline   Reply With Quote