Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-27-11, 07:36 AM   #1
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default i44 (story inside)

if you have arma II try the i44 mod out, here is a story from last evening.

(post from i44 forum)

well. Talked a friend into trying i44.

we had another friend make the mission to make sure we didnt know the map.

We used ventrilo and was commander of a panz V G each.
Mission creater used the huge map i cant spel to and our objective was to attack an allied airfield.

We had 4 groups of infantry, 2 each, there main objective was to protect our tanks. We had a small house in the midle of nothing where we could refuel and rearm if needed, but there was no garantee that they would stay there for a long time.

Since im new to arma II and i44 im stil not 100% effective in the tanks, and my friend had the same problem.

Mission creator wantet to observe, so he was in a Tiger-MG34 and kept in the background only providing fire support for the infantry.
We crawled ahead, using terrain where we could, avoiding all buildings etc and simply trying to sneak. It took us some time to find a rytm, but we fast got into move and protect. We notice a few planes in the distance, but we kept under cover where we could and if we had to pass open terrain we put the pedal to the metal. at a dam i got engaged by a US recon team, they killed 3 of my infs, but two HE`s and they were dead. Here i made the first vice choise.

I got out of the tank and picked up a thompson and all the gear from the allied platoon leader including bino`s

Straight back to the tank and kept crawling. on our ventrilo our observer asked what the rules was if he was engaged, and we all agreed that it would kill the no agression part for him and he then would be the 3rd tank active with the limitation that he couldnt give any info on enemy forces unless it had something to do with the grid we was in. Two shermans and a but load of infantry had engaged him, but with 2 panthers and our own infantry we fast had burned the shermans and the US infantry stood no chanse against 3 tanks plus infantry.

We stil had enough ammo to feel that the airfield attack was a go, and moved to some hills around 1km away from the AF. Here i jumped out again and whent on foot to a location where i could scout the AF. I used a good 30mins to mark any tanks and heawy deffences. (wise to get those Bino`s)

Target.
Single runway, few hangars and other buildings. Some trucks a few halftracks 2 shermans and two stuarts. About 70-80 infantry, 2 bazooka nests one at each road a few MG nests. 4 c47`s on ground and 8 P-51`s all seemed to be parked and not ready to fly.

two patrols, one moving up and down close to runway and 1 patroling the main entrence toghter with a MG nest.

I could just se a smalltown around 2 km to the SE, there was decent movement, but had no way of getting any info from that distance.
We knew our infantry would die fast, but sacrifices have to be given for the overall victory.

I got back to the tanks and jumped in. And we werry fast drew up a plan. There was a small hill around 500m away from the airfield, the Tiger would go there. The panthers would go to the NE and attack from the East end when the Tiger had flushed out the enemy armour. We hoped they would head towards the tiger and try to engage him and that would bring them right into us.

We crawled into position and waitet on the signal, the massive 88`s BOOM!! Time passed, we were now 2½ hours into this mission and we were not even 50% of the way. We heard the birds looked through our sights everything was qiet, only nature and a few engines from the AF
Then it came boom, Tiger called in engaged planes on ground direct hit. Tension mountet now we could only wait, tank guns fired, shells exploded engines running and after a few minutes the shermans came slowly into our fire zone. we shot at the same time, two shermans exploded, we crawled into the AF shooting at everything we could. 200m infront of me a stuart turned around, AP aim fire, it hit and the crew bailed out, a 88 HE round landed right between them and they were on the way to valhalla. We moved side by side, two panthers rolling down the run way blasting away, my friend hit the second stuart and a giant fireball lit the sky.
I took a direct hit on the front armour, it didnt penetrate and the bazooka team had sealed there distany, my MG hammered into them.

The Tiger was stil providing fire support and under the cover of the 88 we createt hell on earth. After 20min i was low on ammo and so was our Tiger, we turned around and ran towards the hill where the Tiger was parked. None of our infantry was alive, but we had left carnage down there, only a few random soldiers ran around, but nothing shot back at us and we decided to race towards our suply point. 2km away from the AF we could se planes begin to arive and by pure bad luck our observer got spottet and a P-51 hit him with rockets, no more Tiger only 1 crewman alive but we couldnt pick him up we needed to get away.

After 3½ hours in mission we finaly got a visual on our suply trucks, but on a road 1½km away we had seen a small infantry unit and a recon vehicle, we were now in a hurry. We raced into the suply point and got refuel and rearmed.

We decided to head to a town that was stil held by German forces and by neglecting safety and simply going fast we arived there. No friendly armour, just some riffle units and some grenadiers, but no way in hell this was a good fighting force.

Explosions hammered the town it was a pain to soeour soldiers be blown up, tracers and bullets was carpet thick and we tryed to se where we could go. No matter where we looked there where tanks and infantry, so we decided to make a breakout attempt, make a head on attack and hopefully we could clear a passage. I got around 200m out of town when i lost a track, told my friend to keep going. Eject, thompson and back into town.

My friend got to around 500m out of town when 5 shermans engaged him. He killed 3 of them but BOOOM!! he blew up, i was now alone in town with a few soldiers. I got into a house and began shooting at enemy infantry. I got a few but then they had noticed where i was and i came under heawy fire. Last thing i se is a Sherman parking 100m away from the house turn hes turret and then a huuuge bang and a red screen.

In total we used 4 hours on this mission and this was the most fun i have had for many years. Right down to the last bullet. Me and my friend + the observer are now planning to make a campaign like we had in IL2. 4 hours that was boring, thrilling exploding driving my favorite tank.

Great thanks to the i44 mod team, you have no idea how much me and a few others apriciate it, big big thanks.

LTbear
Denmark

Old 03-27-11, 12:38 PM   #2
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Wow,

That sounds very realistic scenario!

When I get my new computer built I will get this for sure!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote