Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-24-11, 12:40 PM   #1
killiepie
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T34 vs Tiger a Strange Request

Hi everyone. Obtained Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 three months ago. Enjoyed getting back in to a tank sim. Decided to try and obtain a copy/download of T34 vs Tiger. This has proved difficult. I eventually noticed a copy on EBay France. The graphics on the cover were different but I saw the Lighthouse Interactive logo and knew it was the same game. I received the game today. I anticipated that when installing I would have English as an option with an English Manual being an option in Pdf format on the disk. The game has loaded fine but unfortunately French was the only option both in gameplay and manual. I learned basic French in school some xx years ago but I do not recall the text books having any reference to operating battle tanks!

My questions are;-

a) Can my game be patched to show English i.e. Briefings etc.
b) Following on from above is there an English language manual available online.
c) It appears from reading these forums that the original game was a dog and you require to download Zeewolf's good work to get the game playable.
Would Zeewolf's downloads work with this French version of the game?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Regards - John

Old 01-24-11, 01:01 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killiepie View Post
Hi everyone. Obtained Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 three months ago. Enjoyed getting back in to a tank sim. Decided to try and obtain a copy/download of T34 vs Tiger. This has proved difficult. I eventually noticed a copy on EBay France. The graphics on the cover were different but I saw the Lighthouse Interactive logo and knew it was the same game. I received the game today. I anticipated that when installing I would have English as an option with an English Manual being an option in Pdf format on the disk. The game has loaded fine but unfortunately French was the only option both in gameplay and manual. I learned basic French in school some xx years ago but I do not recall the text books having any reference to operating battle tanks!

My questions are;-

a) Can my game be patched to show English i.e. Briefings etc.
b) Following on from above is there an English language manual available online.
c) It appears from reading these forums that the original game was a dog and you require to download Zeewolf's good work to get the game playable.
Would Zeewolf's downloads work with this French version of the game?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Regards - John
Hi John and welcome aboard,
I'm sure it would work for the game play. There will be some images that are used for example in the menus that will still be in french and some french text will pop-up in the stock missions I have yet to re-work but in time I
think it will all work out.

Regards

ZeeWolf

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 01-24-11 at 01:56 PM.
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 01:28 PM   #3
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I wonder what files control the language. I think a transfer of the language files from one of our installs to another may work...I don't know.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 07:55 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Well consider yourself lucky as the original game was in Russian.At least with French no need to figure out the alphabet!!!

The language does not matter a game is a game and unless a version was specifically made for the French market, which I doubt, then all that changes is the language of the menu and the missions breifings and installation instructions.Zeewolf´s mods will work with any version of the game be it German, Spanish or French.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 12:11 PM   #5
killiepie
Swabbie

Merci Mes Amis.

Zeewolf hi. I would hope to move forward with a subscription for your ongoing work as soon as I have got to grips with the game. In the meantime to "de-bug" the game is it a case of utilising your initial free download? With regard to the aforementioned is it downloaded to a particular file within the T34 game.

Cheers - John
killiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 01:32 PM   #6
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killiepie View Post
Merci Mes Amis.

Zeewolf hi. I would hope to move forward with a subscription for your ongoing work as soon as I have got to grips with the game. In the meantime to "de-bug" the game is it a case of utilising your initial free download? With regard to the aforementioned is it downloaded to a particular file within the T34 game.

Cheers - John
Hi John,
The free DL changes many files so it is important you install it correctly

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger

Hang in there Killiepie!

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote