SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-20, 09:13 AM   #1651
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I have been busy with raccoons in the attic for this past week, and have not had the time necessary to dedicate to serious attempts at getting my Win10 laptop going with SH3. I have a Steam version, and something either they or Windows did with their recent updates trashed all but my Stock copy, which I then proceeded to ruin trying to get NYGM & GWX back up and running, so I have not been able to begin to attempt to look at what my set-up would do. All I can suggest would be to make certain you haven't accidentally overwritten the AI Visual, or sonar, etc., since it seemed to me that NYGM was rather adept at seeing my periscope if I kept it up while moving... although 11ms winds will whip the waves pretty good... - but 500 meters is rather close... Is the convoy zig-zagging? Had it recently turned?

Ugh. Racoons. Good luck, be careful; they like to carry rabies.

Re the game, no, no sensor files overwrote, no convoy changes. Not the first time this has happened for that matter.

Even when the SH3 ai is at it's best, it's not much. Modders did some great work but if you put whip cream on a horse turd, it's still a horse turd underneath.

It is what it is.
Old 04-11-20, 03:51 AM   #1652
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Just a quick guestion, I wasn't able to find anything about it in the manuals:

Where's the chronometer/stopwatch? I just wanted to 03:15 my first ship and realized that I coudn't find the watch. I'm using the 1920x1080 GUI that comes with the mod. Sorry If I sound a little stupid, maymbe I missed something^^
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 05:52 AM   #1653
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levyathan89 View Post
Just a quick guestion, I wasn't able to find anything about it in the manuals:

Where's the chronometer/stopwatch? I just wanted to 03:15 my first ship and realized that I coudn't find the watch. I'm using the 1920x1080 GUI that comes with the mod. Sorry If I sound a little stupid, maymbe I missed something^^

Usually off the right side of the screen though I don't use that gui. It's easy to add if needed though.

Let me know if you need that info.
Old 04-12-20, 11:48 AM   #1654
Levyathan89
Soundman

I just found a draggable white...object that starts ticking when I click on it. There seems to be something wrong with the GUI (even though the crono fix is supposed to be included). The notepad and stadimeter is also missing. Which GUi do you use?
Old 04-12-20, 12:28 PM   #1655
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I just found a draggable white...object that starts ticking when I click on it. There seems to be something wrong with the GUI (even though the crono fix is supposed to be included). The notepad and stadimeter is also missing. Which GUi do you use?
I use either the stock gui with SH3 Speech or if I'm not using SH3 Speech, I use Hitman's Optics.

But as said, I run both of those at 1024 x 768.

If you want, upload your 1024x768_menu.ini or it's widescreen equivalent somewhere, and I'll edit it for you.
Upload your chrono.tga file too.

Or maybe someone else using the gui can chime in ?
Old 04-12-20, 02:16 PM   #1656
Levyathan89
Soundman

Thank you for the offer! I appreciate it. I found two 1024_768.ini files in the data\menu folder, one named men_1024_768(fixed).ini. I uploaded them both + the chrono.tga.

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/eone...ilent_Hunter_3
Old 04-12-20, 02:38 PM   #1657
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thank you for the offer! I appreciate it. I found two 1024_768.ini files in the data\menu folder, one named men_1024_768(fixed).ini. I uploaded them both + the chrono.tga.

Here's the link:

Don't know what I was thinking; I can just download that gui myself to get the files.

I'll get back to you.
Old 04-12-20, 03:31 PM   #1658
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

Here's the link:

Ok, think we've found the problem.

1. Both the .ini files are the exact same. They already include the chronometer fix; you do not have to do that. I also compared them to the widescreen mod's ini files and they match those too.

2. However, if you open up these files and use the notepad "find" function for the word "chronometer" you'll see the .tga files that are required for this mod to work. THESE .TGA FILES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE WIDESCREEN MOD FILE.
That means they must be provided from elsewhere.

3. In reading the documention "Wide Screen Mod.pdf" that comes with this mod, you'll see it is built off of the NYGM mod *and* the Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0 mod. <-- This mod is where you'll find the above needed .tga files for the widescreen mod to work.

4. This Hitman gui mod is found in your documentation folder of the NYGM_New mod folder.

So, to get this widescreen mod to work, you must install the above Hitman gui first. The widescreen mod is installed after.

See the above pdf file for a photo/info.

Also, make sure you're installing NYGM etc. per the order listed on it's download page at this site.

In a nutshell, I'm betting you don't have Hitman's gui installed and that is the problem.

Hope this helps, let me know.
Old 04-13-20, 03:50 AM   #1659
Levyathan89
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
In a nutshell, I'm betting you don't have Hitman's gui installed and that is the problem.

Hope this helps, let me know.
You were exactly right, i installed Hitman's GUI and now the chronometer is there. Thanks again for your help!
Old 04-13-20, 04:51 AM   #1660
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
You were exactly right, i installed Hitman's GUI and now the chronometer is there. Thanks again for your help!
Great, have fun ! Be sure to read that pdf if you haven't yet, it's got more info. on the mod.
Old 04-18-20, 12:47 AM   #1661
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

steibler is working in some revamp of something this year?
Old 04-18-20, 07:37 AM   #1662
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
steibler is working in some revamp of something this year?
Haven't heard of anything. Doubtful.
Old 04-19-20, 11:33 AM   #1663
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Haven't heard of anything. Doubtful.
Sad!
it is such a great mod!

KUrtz
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:34 PM   #1664
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

i could be interesting if its posible to make a mega mod based in NYGM, its the most stable and free of bugs, but theres some weak points as lack of a modern fx, fire, smoke, ships models and the convoy random file is quiet empty.
port raids was historical, somthing its not good in nygm. even somthing simple as use campaing files from even gw3 should be incredible. i try an hybrid with wac5 but there was relative easy i still have probem and a ship from wac make the most incredible bug i have seen in game vanishing after a torpedo impact, use gw3 file have much work becose i know some values used in nygm and wac are the same but diferent from gw.
i dont know i wish to see more nygm.
Old 04-21-20, 07:17 PM   #1665
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
i could be interesting if its posible to make a mega mod based in NYGM, its the most stable and free of bugs, but theres some weak points as lack of a modern fx, fire, smoke, ships models and the convoy random file is quiet empty.
port raids was historical, somthing its not good in nygm. even somthing simple as use campaing files from even gw3 should be incredible. i try an hybrid with wac5 but there was relative easy i still have probem and a ship from wac make the most incredible bug i have seen in game vanishing after a torpedo impact, use gw3 file have much work becose i know some values used in nygm and wac are the same but diferent from gw.
i dont know i wish to see more nygm.
Importing campaign files from gwx into nygm (or vice versa) isn't just a matter of swapping campaign files, but you probably already know that.

Tags
torpedos through hull