SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-17, 10:05 PM   #166
kcoun
Watch

Downloads: 766
Uploads: 0

Quick question on installation please. (I can load and run a fresh unmodded SH3 just fine. but WAC freezes about 95% thru loading a mission/campaign. I'm keeping it simple till I get it going, just the main WAC and a campaign file)

Question is ... is this supplemental required ? I'm thinking that may be my problem ? Ran the basic HSIE Patch.bat just fine ...

2) Preparing the Supplement-Mod
Note: The Supplement-Mod is essential, not optional !!!
a. Extract the Supplement to V16 Mod archive
b. Put the patched sh3.exe into that mod (into the same folder where the 4 DLLs are located).

Thank you kindly for any insight ...
kcoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 02:36 AM   #167
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoun View Post
Quick question on installation please. (I can load and run a fresh unmodded SH3 just fine. but WAC freezes about 95% thru loading a mission/campaign. I'm keeping it simple till I get it going, just the main WAC and a campaign file)

Question is ... is this supplemental required ? I'm thinking that may be my problem ? Ran the basic HSIE Patch.bat just fine ...

2) Preparing the Supplement-Mod
Note: The Supplement-Mod is essential, not optional !!!
a. Extract the Supplement to V16 Mod archive
b. Put the patched sh3.exe into that mod (into the same folder where the 4 DLLs are located).

Thank you kindly for any insight ...
Hey kcoun,

just for you I decided to test WAC5.0 a little earlier than I had originally intended, am I a nice person now or what?

Inside the folder called "V16B1-Patch-Kit" of the WAC5.0 mod package you should see a file called "HsieOptionsSelector.exe". After you made use of H.Sie's "Patch_SH3.bat", you wanna double click "HsieOptionsSelector.exe"

and click OK (bottom left hand side, picture below):

Now you wanna put your pimped up sh3.exe either back in your game folder or the "WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign" folder, doesn't really matter I think..

Next step is to fire up JSGME.exe and activate:
  • WarAceCampaign 5.0
  • WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
  • WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign

You can also use SH3 Commander 3.2 if you like.. I tested the just illustrated mod list with and without SH3 Commander 3.2 (WAC_5.0_CommanderMod is mandatory when you wanna play with SH3 CMD!).

I use an i7 6700k CPU and a GTX 760 graphics card. It takes me about 5 mins to load the campaign start in Aug, 1939.

If you wanna use Nvidia's 'Control Panel' to adjust graphics settings, this config seems to work:

Keep in mind that there's a slight chance that H.Sie's stuff CAN cause crashes. Han Solo stated that he did not test every single option of the "HsieOptionsSelector.exe" file (here).

If you wanna play the WAC5.0 Campaign_Mediterranean campaign WiTH H.Sie's stuff, you will have to create your own supplement mod! You can download the instruction manual here (it isn't all that difficult really):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0srv3...adme_V16B1.pdf

So yea, I tested a regular campaign (1939), cruising through Wilhelmshaven's harbor for about 20 mins.

Personally, I really really LOVE the big depth gauges! What really drove me furious, on the other hand, was the fact that right mouse on conning tower immediately drops you down, inside the tower..

Man, that took some serious getting used to, lol

P.S.

I couldn't help but noticed that you're from Cleveland, so please forgive me, but this video always comes to my mind when I hear of it, lol
https://vimeo.com/9802367

Last edited by ValoWay; 10-14-17 at 03:00 AM.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 09:10 PM   #168
kcoun
Watch

Thank you very much for the great response ... but it just won't load - sticks at 90% of new career load ..

- Win 10 64bit, 16 mb, 960 GTX (updated)
- Win7 compat mode / administrator
- non protected directory
- 4 Gb patch
- AV exception
- clean SH3 install
- SH3 loads fine
- ditched HSIE and tried with only main WAC 5.0 and campaign folder

UNCLE !!! lol

Again, thank you for the response .. and video. It's from the 1970s but what the heck. BTW, if you ever want to tour a restored USN Gato class we have the USS Cod #224 here berthed right next to the Rock & Rock Hall of Fame http://usscod.org/. I live about 5 miles (8Km) from it and have been there many times.
Old 10-14-17, 10:26 PM   #169
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Quote:
Thank you very much for the great response ... but it just won't load - sticks at 90% of new career load ..

- Win 10 64bit, 16 mb, 960 GTX (updated)
- Win7 compat mode / administrator
- non protected directory
- 4 Gb patch
- AV exception
- clean SH3 install
- SH3 loads fine
- ditched HSIE and tried with only main WAC 5.0 and campaign folder

UNCLE !!! lol

Again, thank you for the response .. and video. It's from the 1970s but what the heck. BTW, if you ever want to tour a restored USN Gato class we have the USS Cod #224 here berthed right next to the Rock & Rock Hall of Fame http://usscod.org/. I live about 5 miles (8Km) from it and have been there many times.
I use Windows XP (Serive Pack 2) compat mode / administrator! Win 10 64bit, 16 GB RAM , same here.

Compare your mod files with this picture:

Size + Contains should be the same for you. If not, try to unzip the archived mod files or to download them again..

If Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility doesn't work, you could try to skip JSGME and straight out copy all the files from the WAC5.0 mod (in the right order (like with JSGME) + 4GB patch!) into a fresh Silent Hunter 3 game folder to get JSGME as the perpetrator off your list..

Last edited by ValoWay; 10-14-17 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-14-17, 11:44 PM   #170
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

mmm im trying 1943 several times from french coast crossing biskaya gulf i get crash ctd.

things are very inestable for me. Strangest one last time, cossing 150km of the cost, no planes no ships, 512Tc speeding up speeding down, ciclic. I have no seen that in gwx or nygm. To high to wac?

Ah St Nazarre 1943, ships stat to explote, bad position if i saw right.

last test were only wac mod files with manos gui.
Old 10-15-17, 01:33 AM   #171
kcoun
Watch

file downloads match , all good there. been pc'ing since 1983 and game modding since a few years after ... don't think I've ever seen anything like this before - SH3 runs fine, LSH runs fine ... WAC locks on campaign load. very odd
Old 10-15-17, 02:26 AM   #172
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208

Im having a problem of my torpedoes constantly going under the target, even when using auto-targeting. I have tried setting the torpedo depth to minimum but the torpedoes constantly are too deep, no matter how far I am from the target. Is that a bug or something I am missing?

Thanks!
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 03:12 AM   #173
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Quote:
file downloads match , all good there. been pc'ing since 1983 and game modding since a few years after ... don't think I've ever seen anything like this before - SH3 runs fine, LSH runs fine ... WAC locks on campaign load. very odd
Man, I completely, and utterly share your pain.. SH3, in particular, drove me mad more than a 1000 times at this point.. Sadly, SH3 still is, as far as I am concerned, the best WW2 submarine simulation around, so either suck it up or go home..

In your situation I would probably get rid of it all and start out from scratch.. Like delete the documents folder, too, install from CD/steam et cetera..

@MADLOU

if you are using H.Sie's fixes, you might wanna look into this (quote from H.Sie's manual ("Readme_V16B1.pdf": inside "H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit" folder, p.8)):
Quote:
18. Torpedo Failure Fix

This Fix tries to model the torpedo crisis until 1942 and also tries to model duds resulting from too shallow torpedo depth settings. Fig. 1 below illustrates the function of the Torpedo Failure Fix. The depth D1 is equal to the windspeed-dependent wave amplitude. Torpedoes above D1 are surface runners and lead to a failure probability of p = 98% (see red line in Figure 1).

Depth D1 can be calculated as follows:

D1 = 0.25 · Windspeed = Windspeed / 4.

The depth D2 can be calculated:
D2 = 0.4 · Windspeed = 4 · Windspeed / 10.

Water below depth = D2 is assumed to be calm. Torpedos below D2 will have a low failure probability of p = po. The value of po depends on the time (torpedo crisis until 1942) and the pistol chosen (magnetic/impact). Details see below. The area between the depths D1 and D2 is the area of turbolences. Here, the failure probability sinks linear with rising depth from p=98% at depth = D1 to the small value of p=po at depth = D2.

Last edited by ValoWay; 10-15-17 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-15-17, 07:09 AM   #174
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Might be in stupid question category....

How do I open hatches and make planesman disappear while surfaced?
Old 10-15-17, 01:11 PM   #175
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obltn Strand View Post
Might be in stupid question category....

How do I open hatches and make planesman disappear while surfaced?
Quote:
-The hatches with the key <Shift+H> & <Control+H>
("Handbuch_manual_WAC5.0.pdf", p.4)
Old 10-16-17, 08:08 AM   #176
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

The one time I don't read manual...
Old 10-16-17, 08:41 AM   #177
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Please handsolo could you upload a pic from for h.site and if you use it steibler configuration patch, and dificulties config to be sure we have the same conditions for avoid crashes.
Old 10-16-17, 01:31 PM   #178
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@Aquelarrefox

I am sorry, but I never used Stiebler patch in addition to h.sie Patch.
Old 10-16-17, 02:49 PM   #179
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@Aquelarrefox

I am sorry, but I never used Stiebler patch in addition to h.sie Patch.
Ok, dont do it.
Anyway with h.sie only and only mod file and wac5 manos i have several crashes all testing 1943 from french coast diferent ports, every time i go to deep waters out vizkaya.
Now i will take a while for nygm, some one has tested 1943, is so frustrasting having ctd every 20min with 20 min loading time.
Old 10-16-17, 03:07 PM   #180
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56

Amazing work! Thanks to the whole team! I am just downloading and setting up a second installation of SH3. Hopefully I can start a let's play on youtube with this beautiful supermod!
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote