SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-19, 10:25 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default German font problem

I have a minor problem in my modlist that has incorrect displaying of special German characters in the radio message window. Precisely, the German ä is messed-up and unreadable, a minor problem but it makes the message look poorly...

I notice that the files in...

C:\...\data\RadioMessages\English\...\...\Radiomes sages.txt

...are saved in ANSI, should I try Unicode instead, or is this problem entirely elsewhere?

Thanks anyone to give me a tip about how to correct that!
Greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-02-19 at 12:18 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 11:46 PM   #2
thend
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

One reply from a novice:

This may be a font issue, the game itself does not support this new font, but you can edit the fonts file with software and add unsupported fonts to the game fonts file.

I have also tried editing fonts file, but I cannot use editing software.

The text in the game is extracted from the fonts file, but not all the word library inside the support, because the more support, the more resources taken up, affect the speed of running the game. A lot of the new content is not before.

Or you can replace some special letters with synonyms supported by the game fonts file.
---------
Fonts file also have a lot of specifications that make the text more beautiful. If the vanilla game supports these special characters, but some mods have new fonts file, they replace the vanilla game part fonts file. And we don't know if the support in the MODS fonts file is comprehensive.
for example:twos,tdc7.4.2......They all have new fonts file.But we don't know which characters and specifications they specifically changed.

If I am wrong, please don't mind.

For reference only

(from google translation)

Last edited by thend; 07-27-19 at 12:36 AM.
thend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-19, 12:58 AM   #3
thend
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

As an example, if a MOD has a fonts file, it may change the fonts in another style. For example, some text descriptions, the fonts file in the MOD changes the specification of the text in the navigation chart. If you select anther language, it may not display properly, but these fonts can be displayed normally elsewhere.
But the radio message should not belong to this,no MOD to change the fonts specification of the radio message. I think there should be no such special characters in the game fonts file.
————————————————
But I don't know , the mod fonts file changed the text format or the MOD setting changed the text format.
for reference only.
I don't know enough about this aspect.
————————————————

Last edited by thend; 07-27-19 at 01:20 AM.
thend is offline   Reply With Quote