SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Best of Subsim
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-11, 11:29 PM   #136
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

was there a voting poll and all the rest, I seem to have missed it this time round Work commitments which I don't mind but then I miss out on all the good stuff.

Gratz to the winners

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 12:27 AM   #137
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

There was a thread for members to recommend people they thought would be good candidates. The actual voting was done in private by a committee, just like last year's.
Old 01-13-11, 09:55 AM   #138
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
was there a voting poll and all the rest, I seem to have missed it this time round Work commitments which I don't mind but then I miss out on all the good stuff.

Gratz to the winners
Shame you missed it Kiwi, I'd nominated you for all topics - if you can't see that then you can't be looking hard enough or somebody's deleted it, or *coughs* maybe I just dreamt it, or my dog ate it. Better luck next year

PS - I don't have a dog
Old 01-13-11, 04:51 PM   #139
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144

I assume no one has pointed this out yet, or it probably would have been fixed already.
The link to "Mod of the Year" i.e. FlakMonkey's New Interiors, has a bad address in the link.
The problem is right at the beginning: http://http//www.subsim.com etc ...
the double http doesn't work, obviously. the second http is also missing a colon for those that copy/paste the link.
that is all.
thanks

EDIT: looking again, I see that the funny pictures thread link has the same issue ...

Last edited by artao; 01-13-11 at 05:03 PM.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 12:00 PM   #140
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

Well done.
Old 01-14-11, 01:00 PM   #141
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Bugger am I late in on this one, personally I put it down to this damn flu bug, but I digress. Best wishes and congrats to all the winners

@Flakmonkey don't be surprised, IMHO, a well deserved award

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:11 PM   #142
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Quote:
@Flakmonkey don't be surprised, IMHO, a well deserved award
I just have to add a tiny bit of commentary to this...

One of the reasons I enjoy being a part of these awards is that it leads me to read and essentially "meet" people I wouldn't otherwise. I feel as though I read quite a bit of what is posted here but there is so much more.

Flakmonkey is our only consecutive award winner. Ironically, while I was vaguely aware of his name prior to the 2009 awards, I've paid more attention to his contributions this year as a result. Amongst other things, that's part of my hope with this - that we can all view and appreciate the contributions of members who otherwise don't travel in our "circles", as it were.

That diversity, a pure one merely of ideas and interests, is what makes the Subsim community exceptional in my not-so-humble opinion.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 06:12 AM   #143
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

It is a pity that it is not awarded the "The 2010 Best of Subsim" reaper7. He also did a lot of mods for SH5. How could we avoid his attention? His work is widely used in SH5, and even included in the mega-mod. I have, though belatedly, give him a voice on a par with TheDarkWraith.
That I still do not know his work in the SH3
Old 01-15-11, 09:11 AM   #144
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike View Post
I just have to add a tiny bit of commentary to this...

One of the reasons I enjoy being a part of these awards is that it leads me to read and essentially "meet" people I wouldn't otherwise. I feel as though I read quite a bit of what is posted here but there is so much more.

Flakmonkey is our only consecutive award winner. Ironically, while I was vaguely aware of his name prior to the 2009 awards, I've paid more attention to his contributions this year as a result. Amongst other things, that's part of my hope with this - that we can all view and appreciate the contributions of members who otherwise don't travel in our "circles", as it were.

That diversity, a pure one merely of ideas and interests, is what makes the Subsim community exceptional in my not-so-humble opinion.
Rgr that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
It is a pity that it is not awarded the "The 2010 Best of Subsim" reaper7. He also did a lot of mods for SH5. How could we avoid his attention? His work is widely used in SH5, and even included in the mega-mod. I have, though belatedly, give him a voice on a par with TheDarkWraith.
That I still do not know his work in the SH3
There were quite a few nominations for each category but there could obviously only be one winner.

Choosing a winner was extremely hard (in each category) and all those nominated were IMHO worthy of winning....but I guess you realise this.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 11:36 AM   #145
llamaman
Seaman

Downloads: 130

Well done everybody, pour yourselves a drink, you deserve it.
llamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 05:08 PM   #146
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0

Congrats to all the winners, and a special congrats to Frau, whose posts rarely fail to make the day a little brighter, regardless of anyidea of presupposed gender dynamics. I wish I had such wit. Also, thanks to the committee members for all their work. I don't agree with all the decisions made, but overall I think you made the right choices, with the exception of one.

The choice I refer to is my own selection as runner-up for "best poster of the year". How in the hell did I even get nominated, let alone selected? Most of my posts are either (a) excessively verbose and beyond the scope of the subject material, or (b) bad jokes, or worse, bad puns. I'm flattered and honored, don't get me wrong, but I'm completely at a loss when it comes to guessing what it was that I did that even got me a nomination.

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 11:17 PM   #147
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl View Post
The choice I refer to is my own selection as runner-up for "best poster of the year". How in the hell did I even get nominated, let alone selected? Most of my posts are either (a) excessively verbose and beyond the scope of the subject material, or (b) bad jokes, or worse, bad puns. I'm flattered and honored, don't get me wrong, but I'm completely at a loss when it comes to guessing what it was that I did that even got me a nomination.
Your posts are also consistently even tempered and well thought out, and have much to offer in both research and dedication. Don't sell yourself short - the nomination was well-deserved.
Old 01-17-11, 04:41 AM   #148
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Your posts are also consistently even tempered and well thought out, and have much to offer in both research and dedication. Don't sell yourself short - the nomination was well-deserved.
+1 James you done good.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 09:04 AM   #149
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 11:11 AM   #150
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Stop showing off your new stinkin' badge!