Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-15, 02:24 PM   #1
Maxim
Totem Games

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Totem Games: Ironclads 2 American Civil War released for Windows

PC Naval Wargame and Sim Ironclads 2 American Civil War released for Windows.

Create your fleet, hunt the enemy's fleet, hide your weak squadrons in protected ports until reinforcements arrive, blockade enemy trade routes, struggle for dominance over the seas in turned-based strategic mode – All of these actions are possible in Ironclad 2 American Civil War. The real time tactical battle mode allows you to set up battles and squadron groups with their formations and management using realistic ship models and characteristics as well as advanced ballistics and weapon models. Choose your ships, increase the experience of your crews and send your squadron into the high seas. Command a battle formation and experience the power of iron and steam in a turned- based maritime strategy mode while fighting battles with a tactical real time naval simulation game. Raise anchor and get Ironclads 2 American Civil War now!

Ironclads 2 American Civil War is available on developers website www.totemgames.ru

With best regards,
Maxim Ferapontov
Totem Team
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 06:43 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 01:25 AM   #3
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Hey Totem Games,
Are you still working on a Spanish American War version also? Thanks.
Old 08-02-15, 04:44 AM   #4
Maxim
Totem Games

This thumbnail campaign map sketch. We plan to gradually improve the new TBS campaign system, and then start a new project. Maybe this will be the Spanish-American War.
Old 08-03-15, 02:05 AM   #5
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-09-15, 07:37 PM   #6
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

hey guys, I'm comsidering getting Ironclads 2, but usually what I do is look up vids of it on youtube, but there are none, so anyone who has played it, what do you think of it?
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-15, 04:11 AM   #7
Maxim
Totem Games

It's just a great idea. Unfortunately among our many talents do not have the ability to work with video. I'm sorry. We will be happy to accept any help.
Old 08-18-15, 07:24 AM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I just got the game and am climbing the learning curve. First thoughts: this is TWO games, the turn based strategic one (you can't win if you don't win this one) and the real time tactical battle. I quickly found that I was intuitively good at the tactical battle but am still getting a handle on the strategic.

My initial strategy will be to fight tactical battles automatically and concentrate on the strategic aspect. Warning! Tactical battles can be very long and they are nail-biters to be sure! Beautiful ship modeling and the water is plenty adequate. I love the smoke and fire. It is a little hard to click on individual guns because the ship is moving with the waves and its own power. When your mouse leaves the gun the dialog box goes away.

I'll be doing some screenshots and video of what the game looks like and explaining a little bit (as much as I presently understand, subject to correction and refinement) about how things work.

I'm especially interested in the strategic aspect as I'm a veteran of the sacred Avalon Hill games Stalingrad, Africa Corps, Gettysburg and Jutland. Was always frustrated at the limitations of board games and the strategic and tactical games here are what board games always dreamed they could be.

Anybody expecting this to be Borderlands 2 with non-stop action and fragging is going to be disappointed. The game is long and thoughtful. But if you're interested in simulations you aren't looking for Borderlands 2 anyway. Stay tuned!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 04:26 PM   #9
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Looking forward to seeing your video, RR
Old 08-20-15, 07:14 PM   #10
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Well, now you've made me do it! Moving 90.71 GB of FRAPS video to a dedicated hard drive. This could take a couple of hours......

Play the !
Old 08-21-15, 01:01 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Computer is down for some reason. I'm at work trying to access it by remote control to do the copy function and it's MIA. Did some preliminary video last night and this is going to be divided into separate sections or nobody will watch it.

So I'll do an installation video, a strategic video and a tactical video. I want to keep each video under 15 minutes and hopefully around 10. The tactical video will probably be the longest.

As an aside, the Union side starts with not one ironclad and they take 20 months to produce. That means that at best, you get to use ironclads for four turns during a game. Everything else is wood steamers. Unless you can hijack some of the Confederate income stream you can't afford to begin building an ironclad for several turns. That means that my strategy will be somehow to take the high seas positions early and hope the Confederates' superior firepower doesn't sink too many of them. It's going to take more experience before I figure out where the Union advantage is supposed to be. At this point I don't see it.
Old 08-22-15, 02:21 AM   #12
Maxim
Totem Games

The Union sufficient advantages. And you've found the right one of them. The Union advantage cruisers. Therefore, it may try to destroy the trade of the South.
In addition, the US has more ships and more money. And as you know for war only need three things. Money, money and money! When intercepting merchantman (blockade runner) you will receive a cash prize.

The game has 48 turns (months). Two-towered US 1300t monitor built 16 months. Ironclads are actively used in the second half of the game.

P.S. Rock Paper Shotgun about Totem Team:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...head-reflects/

Last edited by Maxim; 08-22-15 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-22-15, 08:02 AM   #13
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Very nice! I know what I'll be building with my ill-got money! (this ship financed by Confederate booty. Thank you Jeff Davis!)
Old 08-24-15, 07:19 PM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Tweaking the Ironclads II Installation Tutorial video right now. I'll upload it as a private video on You Tube until Maxim okays it then go public. Stand by please!
Old 08-25-15, 07:59 AM   #15
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

And the waiting is over. Announcing the publication of the first of 3 videos on Ironclads 2 American Civil War

Hope you enjoy it and that the video makes a few people more successful at installing Ironclads II than would have been without it.

The point I want to emphasize about installation is that you should save the manual PDF file on your computer and print it out. Just like an Avalon Hill board game, you will be referencing it a lot.

Tags
ironclads, totem