SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-06, 03:07 PM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default Back to modelling

Well got MAX 4.2 and 3.0 installed

SO I will be back to modelling. Now I have looked at the list and there are a couple of ones on their I have done and don't really want to duplicate.

So I am going to finish my Type 214, HMS Fearless and sort out the Type 42.

I would go and put torpedo tube doors on my new Kilo but since we can't muck abotu with sail positions without trial and error is there any point in having a new Kilo? Likewise my new Akulas, 688i and Seawolf. All are done just need converting.

I can convert models myself now so TLAM if you need something doing and aaken is busy I can help.

So any requests?

BTW got a few Russian torps and missiles I forgot I had. I guess those could come in handy and not require any major rework.

Last edited by XabbaRus; 06-18-06 at 04:05 PM.
XabbaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 04:08 PM   #2
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

How about a Type45 ... or...
an Astute...or... a Virginia...
Something futuristic... like a trimaran destroyer with a nice VLS. ... or a futuristic super sub not yet designed...

Last edited by LoBlo; 06-18-06 at 04:10 PM.
LoBlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 04:47 PM   #3
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Type 45 I have in the making
Trimaran I have but will not be used in RL now.

Astute, can't be bothered, likewise Virginia.

I am trying to tidy up old models that need finishing first, weapons and some things that might be useful, ie tugs stuff like that.
Old 06-18-06, 05:28 PM   #4
awood6535
A-ganger

Downloads: 0

:hmm: How about a few britsh ssn? Dolphin class ssk, USS jimmy carter, is there anyway to mabe add a DDS for our subs ? Or how about the canceled ASDV? Mabe some old boomer's And If rember right don't you have a yankee?
awood6535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 07:09 PM   #5
GhOsT55
Loader

Downloads: 0

do u think u could make a old natalus or some ww2 boats
Old 06-19-06, 08:41 PM   #6
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Just so you guys know... any models you guys make I'll be happy to include, and create new platforms if they are not yet in the database.

Also, I'm probably going to make some new platforms that don't have their own models and just use the best available, like for the Virginia (using the SW model).

Also, I understand about the pain of redoing all the positions for playable platforms, and I'm also concerned about the positions of launchers and pivot points for non-playables as well.

I would ask the model makers to please send me only complete models, with as complete instructions as possible about how to add them to the database (I have no idea how to add models, outside of what needs to be done in DWedit). Also, I would really appreciate if you could go through the trouble of finding the new launcher, etc. positions necessary in the database for the new models.

I honestly don't have time to do the legwork on other people's projects... sorry, but at this point I'm busy enough with my own things, but if you send me something that is complete and fully documented, I will be very grateful to you and add it to the next distribution.

My plan is to finish LWAMI4 for the playtesters, and then work on integrating the models and bug fixes the testers find during the testing period, so perhaps I'll have more personal energy to devote to the modeling... I hope you guys understand, and thanks!

Cheers,
David
Old 06-22-06, 08:43 AM   #7
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
Trimaran I have but will not be used in RL now.
I'ld love to see pictures of your Trimaran hull. I can't wait to see the first one launched... I here the US new LCS will have a trimaran-like hull.