Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-15-14, 01:54 PM   #16
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

VEAO Hawk Brochute:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126667
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I thought you might like to see the brochure that we'll have with us at Legends to hand out this coming weekend.

http://www.veaosimulations.co.uk/bro...k-Brochure.pdf

Enjoy,
Chris.

-------------------------
Commander 21squad Harpoon International Community site
http://www.21squad.com

Last edited by Minoslas; 07-07-14 at 10:53 AM.
Minoslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 08:19 AM   #17
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

By DCS: World Facebook, and Ells228 (VEAO Team), the VEAO Hawk T.M1 will be comming as flyable addon on the DCS: world 1.2.9 version.

https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld?fref=nf
Quote:
DCS Hawk will be released in 1.2.9
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=1399
Quote:
You'll see it in 1.2.9
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=1402
Quote:
Flyable

Old 10-19-14, 05:19 PM   #18
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Available to Pre-purchase
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132517
Quote:
VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce Hawk for DCS World is now available for Beta pre-purchase*.

The pre-purchase provides a 20% discount off of the retail price and access to the Open Beta coming later on, anticipated in November 2014**.

The Standard Flight Model (SFM) version is available for pre-purchase at $31.99 (normal retail price $39.99).

The Advanced External Flight Model (EFM) version is available for pre-purchase at $39.99 (normal retail price $49.99)***.

See below for conditions.

http://veaosimulations.co.uk/dcs-hawk/presale/

Key Features:
Accurate and highly detailed 3D interactive cockpit featuing six-degrees-of-freedom (6DOF) technology compatible with head-tracking devices and Oculus Rift.
Accurate modeling of the Hawk HUD, instruments, gauges and dials.
High fidelity accurate Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) such as electrical, fuel, hydraulics, oxygen, pressurisation and air conditioning, temperature control, pitot-static, AHRS, lighting and weapons system modelled to detailed schematics.
Highly detailed Hawk external 3D model and liveries.
Fully interactive, comprehensive training missions make learning to fly the Hawk easier.
Armament includes: AIM-9M Sidewinders, bombs, practice bombs, rocket pods and gun pod.
Highly detailed damage model.
Standard Flight Model (SFM) will be included in the Hawk for DCS World module.
External Flight Model (EFM) will be available in the DCS: Hawk module upon full release.

ABOUT THE HAWK T.1A
The Hawk first entered service with the RAF in 1976, both as an advanced flying-training aircraft and a weapons-training aircraft. The Hawk T1 version is currently used at RAF Valley for fast-jet pilot advanced flying training with No 208(R) Squadron, and at RAF Scampton by the RAF Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows.

The T1A is used for weapons and tactical training on No 19(R) Squadron at RAF Valley, and by No 100 Squadron at RAF Leeming for advanced fast-jet weapons systems officer training and operational support- flying. In its weapons and tactical training role the Hawk is used to teach air combat, air-to-air firing, air-to-ground firing and low-flying techniques and operational procedures.

While the Hawk T1 is used solely in the advanced flying-training role, the Hawk T1A is equipped to an operational standard and is capable of undertaking a number of war roles.

The T1A has four under-wing pylons cleared to carry Sidewinder AIM-9L air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, practice bombs and bombs, and can carry a 30mm Aden cannon in a pod underneath the fuselage centre-line. The cannon can be fired at the same time as any of the pylon-mounted weapons are selected for release or firing.

The Hawk T.1A is designed to work with Digital Combat Simulator DCS World.

ABOUT DCS WORLD
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE TF-P1D Mustang and a Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia – the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in 2014.

Additionally, DCS World includes:

• Powerful mission and campaign editors
• Multiplayer
• Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
• Advanced AI
• Fast mission generator
• Dynamic weather and seasons
• Training missions
• Mission replay system
• Pilot log book

This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true “sandbox” simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.

Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com

CONDITIONS
*Customers are under no obligation to pre-purchase the product and the product will be available at full retail price after the pre-sale.

**Anticipated release date is November. Customers will receive an email with confirmation of actual release date and licence activation code for the product version they have purchased; SFM or EFM when announced.

***The External Flight Model (EFM) version will be developed during Hawk open beta and customers will receive a free upgrade to EFM upon release. The Standard Flight Model (SFM) version will be available during beta.

Old 12-14-14, 05:18 AM   #19
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Hawk and NTTR nevada WIP pics:

Quote:
Hi guys,
Thought you might like the Hawk in the NTTR map. Thanks to Wags for the pictures.

Usual disclaimer that NTTR and the Hawk are still in development, WIP, etc.

Enjoy
Chris

Old 03-25-15, 06:38 AM   #20
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Hawk T.1 Promo Video

and VEAO Bae T.1 press release

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...21#post2359121
Quote:
For those that might have missed in the news with the 1.2.16 release:

---

HAWK FOR DCS WORLD BY VEAO SIMULATIONS IS AVAILABLE IN DCS E-SHOP!

DUXFORD, UK, March 24th, 2015 – VEAO, in cooperation with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, are pleased to announce the release of Hawk for DCS World from the DCS e-shop.

Hawk for DCS World includes the BAE Hawk T.1A, an advanced flying-training aircraft and a weapons-training aircraft. While the Hawk T1 is used solely in the advanced flying-training role, the Hawk T1A is equipped to an operational standard and is capable of undertaking a number of war roles.

The Hawk T1 version is currently used at RAF Valley for fast-jet pilot advanced flying training with No 208(R) Squadron, and at RAF Scampton by the RAF Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows.

The T1A is used for weapons and tactical training on No 19(R) Squadron at RAF Valley, and by No 100 Squadron at RAF Leeming for advanced fast-jet weapons systems officer training and operational support-flying. In its weapons and tactical training role the Hawk is used to teach air combat, air-to-air firing, air-to-ground firing and low-flying techniques and operational procedures.

The T1A has four under-wing pylons cleared to carry Sidewinder AIM-9L air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, practice bombs and bombs, and can carry a 30mm Aden cannon in a pod underneath the fuselage centre-line.

“As a current Royal Navy aggressor pilot operating the Hawk T1, I was offered the opportunity to test the VEAO Hawk. I was initially skeptical of how accurate the modelling would be of the handling and the jet engine response. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I found the controls and aircraft responses accurate. The flight model performs as well as the full motion simulator used by the RAF. Flying in formation was easy and very similar to the real thing. I was extremely impressed by the headset integration and immediately felt operational pilots could benefit from training on this software.
In short, the VEAO Hawk is more than a game and comparable to a military grade full motion simulator. In fact, I would even go so far as to say the terrain graphics are higher fidelity whilst flying at low level.”

Lt Cdr Matt Deavin RNR
Hawk Pilot
Fast Jet Qualified Weapons Instructor

Hawk for DCS World pre-purchase includes the Hawk T.1A with a standard flight model for $31.99 USD (a 20% discount over the final price). In the spring of 2015, an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) will be available as a separate product with an upgrade option directly from VEAO.

Key Features of the Hawk T.1A for DCS World:
• Accurate and highly detailed 3D interactive cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom (6DOF) technology compatible with head-tracking devices and Oculus Rift.
• Accurate modelling of the Hawk HUD, instruments, gauges and dials.
• High fidelity accurate Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) such as electrical, fuel, hydraulics, oxygen, pressurisation and air conditioning, temperature control, pitot-static, AHRS, lighting and weapons system modelled to detailed schematics.
• Highly detailed Hawk external 3D model and liveries.
• Fully interactive, comprehensive training missions make learning to fly the Hawk easier.
• Armament includes: AIM-9M Sidewinders, bombs, practice bombs, rocket pods and gun pod.
• Highly detailed damage model.
• Standard Flight Model (SFM) included.

ABOUT DCS WORLD

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft, ground unit, and naval simulation. It includes a FREE TF-P1D Mustang and a Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in 2015.

Additionally, DCS World includes:

• Powerful mission and campaign editors
• Multiplayer
• Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
• Advanced AI
• Fast mission generator
• Dynamic weather and seasons
• Mission replay system
• Pilot log book

This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.

Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com

About The Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

Old 06-17-15, 06:27 AM   #21
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO get free the EFM update to the Bae Hawk T.1 SFM and a discount to the costumers with purchase the EFM update.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...91&postcount=1
Quote:
Dear All,
I have had lengthy discussions with the VEAO team and ED this morning and we have come to an agreement regarding the confusion over SFM vs EFM and what has been purchased on ED store and Steam.

Any customers that have purchased the "Hawk T.1A for DCS World" from the ED store will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release, free-of-charge.

Any customers that have purchased the "Hawk for DCS World" on Steam will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release, free-of-charge.

Any customers that have purchased the "DCS:Hawk (EFM) Beta (Pre-sale)" on VEAO Simulations website will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release and will also receive a coupon code via email giving them $10 discount on future products in the VEAO DCS: World catalogue.

The coupon will only be valid for customers that have purchased the EFM pre-sale version of Hawk directly from VEAO as they have already paid for the $10 upgrade price from SFM to EFM.

We felt that this was the fairest way to level all products bought.

If you have any further questions please post here or email support@veaosimulations.co.uk

Thanks,
Chris.

Old 01-20-16, 08:26 AM   #22
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Hawk january update
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...44&postcount=5
Quote:
Pete and I are typing up the update for January this week , so don't worry it's coming.

Hawk certainly has not been forgotten, I've had a few meetings this month with BAE to clarify a few things and get feedback, which is all positive.

I've also been working on closing out reported bugs, radios, etc...

The real pilots have until the end of this month to give us the feedback, plus Jav and I are concentrated on the next few weeks comparing our current EFM to the performance data we have recently obtained through our sources.

EFM programming updating, based on all feedback, is scheduled for February which should be fairly simple tweaks as the current EFM is very close. But as with all things DCS integration we'll see.
Our aim is to have it to our testers and to ED for final sign off by the end of February.
Then it's down to ED to include it in the patch.

We have tweaked the hydraulics to hopefully assist the X-55 users and will await their feedback when it's out for testing.

Also the cockpit textures are coming along nicely. I have the first pass from the artist and I think you won't be disappointed. Still some tweaks to do but it's looking great so far (no I won't be showing this off). Again I'm aiming to have these within the patch with the EFM, all going well.

Custom weapons are taking a little longer to integrate for various reasons I can't discuss right now, but they are also being worked on.

I have recently clarified with the techs and written the full UHF and AM radio procedure for our programmer which is being worked on. Right now in-sim you can use the radio to talk to the ground crew in case you missed that update in the last 1.5 and 2.0 patch. That was a big first step.
I understand all 3rd party's had issues with radios so it's good to know it wasn't just us going crazy.
Again these are not easy things to get working, but we are working on it and I hope they'll be done ready for the next big patch with textures and EFM.

Considerable time, resources and funds have been allocated to Hawk to get completed (out of Beta) and it is certainly not "dead" so please don't start spreading that rumour around or speculating that.

Things take time guys and we're going as fast as we can to get it right and realistic as possible within the boundaries we have been given.

When the top Military advisor for Sims for BaE Systems, two weeks ago, says it's "Outstanding!!" then I believe we have done a good job.
And yes he was flying the EFM.
And for anyone wishing to argue, he is an ex Hawk, Harrier and Tornado pilot, so....

Pretty much this is the update that will be in the monthly text and hopefully it keeps you happy, not as happy as having the updates I know, but hopefully another step closer.

Oh, one thing I want to mention after reading again another slagging off of myself and my team on Reddit; we are not "hiding" behind ED forums which are moderated.
If anyone wants to challenge me or simply to discuss things then all they have to do it contact me directly and I'll gladly talk to them.
However; I will defend the decisions I make, what we are doing as a business and my team so be prepared for an argument!!

Thanks,
Chris.

Old 02-08-16, 09:08 AM   #23
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Bae Hawk T.1 Febriary update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...71&postcount=1
Quote:
Hey guys,
I know we're only a little way into February but I've read a lot of negative comments on forums and Facebook that we're not working on Hawk anymore, the project is abandoned, blah blah blah.

Obviously people either don't read the updates we post on our Facebook page and forums, or they just want to stir shiz up and be negative.

I do however, understand peoples frustrations and the delays we have had over the past year are no concern to you, but if we can't get a product working for technical reasons then there's not much we can do but bug hunt and fix it, sometimes this is not an overnight process, especially with two new versions of DCS being released which also seemed to brake a few things along the way. Such is development.

Let me clarify; you are purchasing or have purchased an early access product during Beta development stage. Some features may not be complete and features may change during development and in the final version. If you are not excited to fly this product in its current state, then you should wait to see how the product progresses further in development and purchase when it is released in it’s final version or accept that is it in Beta development and work in progress.

So, here is the list of what we are working on in February, and have been for the past 8 days of the month and before that:

Feedback from the Hawk pilots is being updated on our current EFM flight model. It has been thoroughly tested and verified to be authentic and realistic to flying a Hawk.
With the change to EFM comes additional features like differential toe brakes, parking brake and much more. We hope you enjoy flying it as much as we have testing it over the past few months.
By the end of this month the EFM will be released to ED for testing and verification and we will discuss with ED when the next patch for 1.5 and 2.0 can be put out with the update.

The main cockpit textures are now implemented in the model. Our texture artist has done an excellent job making the cockpit look more realistic.
Screenshots do not do his work justice as much as rolling around with the sun reflecting off of every surface showing the level of detail.
He is carrying on with the remainder of the cockpit like switches, dials, gauges, etc.
What is shown below are current WIP screenshots. I'm sure most will like them and some will not...

Here is the remaining list of fixes and issues being worked on during February:
Weapons selector not working since 1.5.2 update.
Air start option - start with weapons system live including sidewinder cooling down time.
Sidewinder tone added.
Radio UHF and AM coms working (ground crew currently works ok).
When part of an aircraft wing is destroyed, the weps and lights still show (this will be done as part of EFM/ASM integration).
Airbrake test switch not working.
Realistic sounds to be added to external and cockpit.
Kneeboard joystick assignments not working for mark map and next/prev pages.
Det cord showing inside of canopy when looking back.
Controls indicator (Ctrl+Enter) working.
Auto start/stop commands working.
Altimeters 10,000 number rolling over too soon indicating 1950ft when it's 950ft.
Custom weapons added.
Damage model showing on some AI / multiplayer aircraft when air-brake deployed.
Add AHRS to start-up training mission.
Add remaining navigation training missions.
Safety pins removed from the model.
Other bugs reported by testers and public.

So, as you can see Hawk has not been abandoned and is very much on our focus.
Should anyone wish to challenge this then feel free to discuss it with me personally!!!

Old 03-24-16, 08:12 AM   #24
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO testing of Aim-9 on Bae Hawk

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simula...92838/?fref=nf
Quote:
Having a little target practice fun today....

Old 03-29-16, 05:44 PM   #25
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Bae Hawk March second update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...99#post2726899
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Following a Go / No-Go meeting we just had and feedback from ED testers and our own testers I wanted to make a post today specifically about the Hawk patch and it's current state.
As you know we like to keep you informed every step of the way even if we are having problems.

Let me start by saying no one wants to get this big patch out to you more than we do and we are so very close

So where are we at....

With the 1.5.3 patch due this week you will get the new and improved cockpit textures.
There are still some things to be worked on but the main bulk of panels base textures have been re-worked.
Details such as screw heads, oxy switch, LP Fuel Cock lever Etc. will be in the next round of texture updates as our artist sources parts for his PC as it blew up, great timing I know.

The EFM is complete, has been tweaked and signed off by the real life pilots.

However; when we switch to EFM we lose all current sounds; cockpit and engine.
This is expected as the aircraft is not using an SFM flight model and therefore stock DCS sounds.
We have been working very hard to get our custom sounds working and this is the current state:
Inverter, batteries, fuel pump, gyro's and GTS startup/shutdown are all working.
Adour engine start up in cockpit - currently working.
Adour running idle with canopy open or closed in cockpit (different sound) - currently working.
Adour sound changes depending on RPM - partially working. The sounds are blending but pitch is not increasing or decreasing with rpm setting.
External engine sounds are currently not working.

We are having issues with the sound API and are working hard to resolve these. Hopefully in the next few days as good progress has been made over the last few days but we are simply going as fast as we can on it.

Radios are also partially working. In one of the recent DCS updates the ability for DCS to detect our engine RPM suddenly stopped working (you can see this with F2 view status bar).
This has a big effect on radios working.
ATC will not respond to you if you request taxi out, take off or landing as the sim thinks your engine is dead.
We are working with ED on this one as something changed in the core sim and the code they gave has stopped working.
Somehow this has also affected the ability to talk to wingmen, AWACS, JTAC and other units, which were working as you saw from an earlier video I posted up.

This is one of those head banging against a brick wall moments for us!!

Here is a summary of the Go / No-Go list for the big patch:
Cockpit textures - Go
EFM - Go
EFM damage model - Go
Cockpit Sounds - Go
External Sounds - No Go
Radios - No Go

So, with these last two items not fully working we had to make the decision that we would not make the 1.5.3 patch in time this week.

Yes we could have released without these last two items but I am not comfortable doing that for obvious reasons, as much as I want to get you the EFM.

We were fully confident that we would make it for the patch but as with all software development some things happen that you just can't explain and have to keep at it until it finally works, especially integrating with DCS. It's not as easy as some people think it is.

I hope you will enjoy the updated cockpit textures coming in the 1.5.3 patch and as soon as I know when the next patch is due from ED and the two remaining items are fixed you'll be the first to know.

Thanks again as always for your continued patience and support,
Chris and the team.

Old 04-14-16, 02:52 PM   #26
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO April Bae Hawk T.M1 update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...82&postcount=1
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Here is a quick update on Hawk for April.

We have been battling with the sound API for DCS getting custom engine sounds working.
Our friends at Razbam have been helping us out trading ideas for what we've done and what they've done. More heads are better than one...

So far we have working cockpit engine sounds and are still working on external sounds using the API.

That being said, the EFM will be released in the upcoming 2.0.2 patch first (due to release schedule) which will give you the opportunity to fly and give us feedback.
It will then be in the next 1.5 patch whenever that is.

I'd like to thank you for your patience in waiting whilst we work through these issues.

Look out for the upcoming patch notes posted by ED.

We have been reviewing comments on the updated textures and are working to optimise them a little more, plus working on other details to make the whole cockpit better.

Thanks,
Chris.

Old 04-15-16, 07:41 AM   #27
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Hawk develop update with 2.0.2 DCS: W update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...8&postcount=33
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Here's a little video for you of what you'll be getting.

External engine and cockpit sound test of DCS: Hawk for the upcoming DCS: World OpenAlpha 2.0.2 patch, including EFM.

Raw video recorded straight from the flight, no sound editing.

I threw her about for a couple of flat spins and some low level ground effect flying.

All still work-in-progress of course.

Video is 2560x1080

Edit - Apologies for the black spots, seems like Fraps had a little issue.

Chris

Old 06-16-16, 05:02 PM   #28
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO put detail with the feedback of the consulting pilots of the Hawk T.1

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simula...92838/?fref=nf
Quote:
Hey Guys,
I have been speaking to some of our consulting pilots regarding a couple of things that have been raised by the community.
Regarding the nodding dog - accelerated stall - They have confirmed that the is no flick at all and the the stall is straight nose down and even then you have to be quite aggressive to induce this effect. We will most likely soften the effect slightly to make it a little less jerky but the way the effect works will not be changed based on this first hand feedback.
Regarding buffeting during accelerated stall, they have advised that there is very minimal buffeting and that it is more of a vibration through the seat rather then a full blown buffet. In this instance we will not be implementing a visual effect for this, however if we ever do a full FFB profile in the future we will include a minor vibration when approaching the nodding dog effect. Even so this vibration is only felt very very close to the stall and not through the pull into the stall.
Flaps and Gear drag / pitch changes, they have given us some more detailed feedback on the pitch effects of these, Flaps is a very slight pitch up per indent, gear is a very slight nose down. One knock of flaps cancels out the gear and with full flaps the nose climbs very slightly.
The airbrake is a slight nose down attitude change.
This feedback will be implemented in an upcoming EFM change, We are working on the crashing issue at the moment, then we will implement some more of this fine tuned feedback.
I thought you guys might like a summary of the feedback from the pilots.
Feedback like this is what will take our Hawk to the next level
Pman

Old 07-20-16, 02:47 PM   #29
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Bae Hawk T.1 Update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...31&postcount=1
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Now the falling-out-the-sky issue has been resolved here is an update on the main Hawk bugs list for you.

Weapons selector has been fixed (YAY I hear you shout!!).
Flaps and gear down now affect the flight model.
Smoke pod we are still looking into and this will come later.
Aden gun pod will hopefully have it's texture by patch day.
Aden sounds we are waiting on feedback for.
Rudder sensitivity has been tweaked and is currently being tested.
AHRS power spike on re-spawn and HYD2 reset on re-spawn are still being worked on.
DFM (Damage flight model) is being worked on following feedback from ED.
NTTR map ILS for airfields is being tested.
Controls indicator (RCtrl+Enter) is being tested.

Other reported bugs/tweaks are also being looked at.

Keep an eye out for the patch list as to what has made it in for the next patch.

With regards to EFM; one of our pilots is taking up his go-pro on his next training sortie and will record the spin behaviour of the Hawk for us.
We will of course analyse this and tweak the EFM accordingly and post up a comparison video.

I can assure you that Hawk is still being worked on to bring it out of Beta status as soon as we can.

Many thanks,
Chris.

Old 10-31-16, 07:20 AM   #30
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Bae Hawk T.1 multicrew cockpit total reconstruction by ED and VEAO team

https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulat...MELINE&fref=nf
Quote:
Hi all.
It's very rare that I post in the forums but now I feel compelled to tell you of the background behind the exciting developments coming to the Hawk version 2.

The thing is Ells is a modest chap so you won't know the amount of work he puts into rectifying the Hawk and how much he cares about the product.

The pressure is really on VEAO at the moment with the imminent release of the P40f and, as a result, Pman and his teams are working flat out on producing, what I believe, will be a fantastic warbird in every sense. But there has been little resource left for our little Hawk.

However Ells and I have been secretly working on this new update for the last few weeks and I have to say it has been an absolute pleasure to watch and learn. From working with 3D models to understanding program structure and module coding Ells has worked tirelessly and as a result we can bring to you now a major update to the Hawk.

So what's the big deal.....

Well right from the beginning Ells has always wanted to have 2 seat capability in the Hawk but we have always hit problems when we tried to implement it. The final straw was when the L39 came out and we realised that we would have to rewrite the entire Hawk code as (learning from the L39) ED coding required separate instances of clickable j based on seat occupied. Our Hawk was coded such that all cockpit switches were available from either seat. This meant in practice that you may be able to mouse over and click on forward cockpit switches from the rear seat through the front ejection seat. Clearly undesirable . This lead Ells to reluctantly announce that the rear cockpit would not be available until after a complete code rewrite.

Then we had a eureka moment.

We found that, buried in the code, there was a maximum distance which, once exceeded you would no longer be able to operate a switch with the mouse. The rear cockpit was again viable!

Many thanks to Alex at ED for his help in uncovering this and many other programming functions in DCS world

Now it was dark back there in the rear. Half the gauges didn't work properly, no lighting, misplaced 3D objects and no inter connectivity with the front cockpit. The weapons panel had to report and indicate switch selections in the front and we couldn't get the rear head position to work correctly. All in all we produced a list of over 25 project stopping bugs which, as mentioned earlier, Ells enthusiastically worked through, with me, to the end result that I can now tell you that we have single player rear seat capability in the Hawk and the view is great from back there!

If you're using track i/r or VR you can look round the front ejector seat and see everything functioning correctly in the front and the elevated seat position is great for take off and landing. You can even map a joystick function to swap seats on the fly for the best of both worlds.

Whilst working on the rear seat we also took the time to rectify and energise some of the systems that were non functional in Hawk version 1. We now have working brake pressure gauges and transponder functionality anyway, Ells will let you know the full list of upgrades in due course.

I was very fortunate to be given by a friend of mine, who used to fly the Hawk, an original Hawk t1 ,hard bound, flight manual and checklist, including hand written notes. I've scanned the checklists and emergency checklist into the kneeboard so that now, when you fly, you'll be using the actual checklist that's travelled at 400Kts through the valleys many times in the real Hawk. It's a testament to the ASM coding by The team that the checklist works very well with our Hawk.

That's it from me. I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from the guys about further improvements to the Hawk in future including new textures and multiplayer capability etc etc. But, as I said at the beginning, Ells is a modest chap and I just wanted to convey the excitement and pleasure, I've seen in him bringing, to you, something ,I know, he's wanted you to have all along........ Enjoy.
instructor crew pics
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...21&postcount=1