SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-19, 04:44 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Default Dramatic video shows Coast Guard leaping onto submarine carrying 17,000lbs of cocaine

Crew members can be seen jumping onto a moving narco-sub and busting open the hatch in the USCG video.

Quote:
The U.S. Coast Guard released video Thursday of service members leaping onto a submarine carrying 17,000 pounds of cocaine as part of a monthslong, $569 million cocaine bust.

A member of the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Munro can be seen in the video yelling at an unidentified aquatic vehicle to stop as it moved alongside the cutter at the surface of the Eastern Pacific Ocean. Crew members then jump onto the top of the mostly submerged vessel as it's moving and bust open the hatch.

A person inside the vessel can be seen briefly just as the hatch opens at the end of the minutelong video.

About 17,000 pounds of cocaine were found inside along with five suspected smugglers, the U.S. Coast Guard told NBC News on Thursday. The estimated street value of the drugs is $232 million.

Self-propelled submersible vessels, often called “narco-subs,” are sometimes used by cartels and traffickers to smuggle drugs across borders.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...7-000-n1028986

I guess it's not a true submersible, apparently it cannot actually dive... If I were the CG I would have sank him!

Tags
narco