SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-21, 01:19 PM   #541
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

I see you went with my .hsie torpedo failure rate values, I found them to be too extreme to implement in SH3 though. 40, 20, 5 for Impact and 50, 30, 10 for magnetic values is lot more desirable if you wish to change them on your end. Also my fatigue values for 24 hr period is alright, I have a revised edition and also a 12 hr one that I find more practical because with 24 hr one while reloading torpedoes and even external ones that take hr or two to load you barely notice any fatigue drop in that time so I brought it down to 12hr - that's if your willing to shift change your guys like 30-90 times a patrol depending on its duration. 24 hr is still good for lazy people lol who don't want to micro manage the crew as much.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 10-10-21 at 05:08 PM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 01:25 PM   #542
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I see you went with my
I listen to rational ideas.
Old 10-10-21, 01:40 PM   #543
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
I saw some pictures that promise .. thank you Andrey for your hard work on this mod .. already loading of course ... see you soon ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 01:47 PM   #544
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I saw some pictures that promise ... already loading of course
I am waiting for feedback.
Old 10-10-21, 02:08 PM   #545
kyle9154
Commander

Andrey, I can't give any feedback because I can't get the campaign to start, crashes at the end of red loading bar before patrol starts. Same thing that happened last version, actually last version I could get patrols to start but they would crash randomly in them this time can't even get one to start. Missions seem fine but never campaigns/patrols and I follow the install instructions to the letter by following the before.txt file and then following step by step in GWR pdf manual. If anyone can get the campaigns and patrols to work fine then let us know what you did differently from install instructions because i'm at a loss for words on this.
GWR is the only mod I have activated in jsgme right now so no other mod conflicts possible and I installed on a clean vanilla install version of SH3.
My documents folder where the save is, is named GWR as was already chosen in install procedure through SH3Multi.

I have i7 3770K overclocked to 3.9 GHZ, 16 GB ram and GTX 1080 so system specs should be fine/manageable.

Last edited by kyle9154; 10-10-21 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-10-21, 03:15 PM   #546
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I can't give any feedback because I can't get the campaign to start, crashes at the end of red loading bar before patrol starts.

I don't know what else I can cut. Resize .tga files to minimum?
Old 10-10-21, 03:30 PM   #547
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:

I can't start the campaign ... but during the assembly I went for a tour of the track in the academy ... all the controls work well "obs" "hatches" etc ... I am "drip" Andey the trying campaign does not want to know anything .... it s strange before it worked ... it says congratulations anyway for the work ... (more than 4 years) i have never seen such a collection of emblems .. . besides there must be all ... so there are ....

[MODS]
GWR=1
Navigation map SH3 2021 new=2
Old 10-10-21, 03:49 PM   #548
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Delete or save to a safe place the previous folder of your saves
C:\Users\User\Documents\GWR
Old 10-10-21, 04:08 PM   #549
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:

Delete or save to a safe place the previous folder of your saves
C:\Users\User\Documents\GWR
I will take a closer look tomorrow ... I no longer have the backups ....
I do not like to stay on a defeat ... it will work I am sure ... see you again Kind regards KM_U669
Old 10-10-21, 04:31 PM   #550
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I will take a closer look tomorrow ... I no longer have the backups ....
I do not like to stay on a defeat ... it will work I am sure ... see you again Kind regards KM_U669
Same, I removed the old GWR and went with fresh install. Sorry Andrey but your going to have to figure out on your end, maybe SH3 because of all the memory it needs for campaign combined with all the stuff and intense graphical mods you have that it overloads it. When Kal says they used to work before that's a yes and no answer, the careers did start but like I said earlier random crashes at random times in the patrol/s mainly close to ports, land or in high TC. Most SH3 players are campaign players and not solo mission players so it's beneficial too you and your compilation to maybe start fresh with bare bones of mods that you know work for sure with campaign .RND, .LND etc files.
- just a suggestion and in no way telling you to give up at all but the exact opposite, I want you to improve it but I can't test it for you if it don't even start up and SH3 doesn't create an error log for me to find out what's causing it.
It's just a shame because I was waiting for this and hoping for improvements/CTD fixes.

Also Karl those emblems are no secret, their from Conus's accurate emblem packs. Perfect if you want that 'certain emblem' for that 'certain U-boat' your playing as. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=153020

I personally like Tarjak's emblem mod which has historical well made ones and fixes the ones that were invisible due to foreign lettering in the names - https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...do=file&id=646

Last edited by kyle9154; 10-10-21 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-10-21, 05:12 PM   #551
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:

Start with getting rid of all those Conus emblems (hundreds of the number u-boat emblems), use Tarjak's that has less and the kb size is minimal, those u boat emblems is 257kb each, these ones in Tarjaks are 15-25kb some are 197 and 257kb like yours but not many.

umm what else, take out all von dos ships, st naz,shulze ships with zigzagging ships from campaign layers if you have them in the .RND file and all that jazz. I don't think you use WAC full interiors mod but if your customizing stuff graphically inside (gauges, valves etc )and outside of the U-boat (body) that must have an impact, no?
This is SH3, an old game on old engine that maybe you can only stress it so much but what do I know, i'm a noob myself and have way less experience then you Kaleun, this is all I can suggest for now for the little experience that I have.

Last edited by kyle9154; 10-10-21 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-10-21, 05:20 PM   #552
kyle9154
Commander

I just spent all yesterday trying to figure out why MFM 3.3 won't work with Toyatagi's compilation mod but works fine with Onealex's. Come to find out WAC full interiors doesn't like MFM and Toyatagi's has it while Onealex's comp doesn't.
I had MFM working fine on Onealex and soon as I put WAC in with it in jsgme then it crashed every time on red bar, removed it and all was fine lol(albeit increased loading time because of all the ships). I had WAC interiors working fine with Onealex without MFM just so you know Onealex's includes some ships already from MFM that he upgraded and fixed up, I just decided to add the rest of them to the mod making sure no duplicate names in sea, roster folders or Englishnames.cfg file.

So there's an example of something with not even the same name or same files or same location within SH3 screws 'other' stuff up randomly which makes no sense but could be any number of things going wrong with your compilation.

P.S Andrey is probably going back to the drawing board right now saying **** ****, **** **** lol, this is worse then the torpedo crisis. All good buddy i'm just kidding, let me know when you got a fix up and running.

Last edited by kyle9154; 10-11-21 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-10-21, 11:48 PM   #553
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

There is something to work on. Make a separate logo mod. Review the big textures and all the ships. I continue.
Old 10-11-21, 05:09 AM   #554
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
There is something to work on. Make a separate logo mod. Review the big textures and all the ships. I continue.
Sorry Andrey but there is nothing to do !! I can not launch a career ... I have tried them all but nothing ...
there is another problem that arose when you ask for the maximum speed 'head full' the motor cuts out ...
I am of the opinion of kyle9154 the game crashes because there is too much stuff the ram saturates ... and boom ...
Old 10-11-21, 05:31 AM   #555
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

I replaced some ships from WoW&SH5 and Real DC and added pennants. This could lead to overload.