SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-20, 07:53 AM   #1
aks2161989
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Does anyone know a naval sim where you can shell enemy ports/coastlines?

Hello,

I am looking for is a game/sim where you can shell enemy coasts from a ship. Most games I have found so far are about submarine warfare which does not allow this.

Does anyone know of such a game? Or maybe a game where you can use the scenario editor to add such missions?

If the game allows me to control the ship's pumps that would be an added bonus, but its O.K. if it doesn't.
aks2161989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 08:50 AM   #2
cheeky_kaleun
Watch

Downloads: 3

Yes I do, are you interested in World War 1 naval warfare, and quite an "eye candy" game where you can play both real-time fleet battles as large as Jutland, right down to an engagement between two torpedo boats.

You can also opt for the campaign mode where you manage the entire Royal Navy's world War 1. You can use either your battleships or battlecruisers to bombard German ports, or if shorter range sorties across the channel to the German-held Belgian ports, you can use the "Monitor"-type warships (like a small vessel with a single huge battleship turret added on top, for shore bombardment)

Here below is a picture of HMS Erebus which did naval bombardments of land targets in World War 1. You can command such missions if you decide you want to buy the game Jutland.

cheeky_kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 09:59 AM   #3
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

Downloads: 49

Also, Sub Command lets you conduct modern ship to shore missile strikes on shore bases and facilities from your submarine. Jutland is fantastic if you want a WW1 game though
captainadccdacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 11:46 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

aks2161989,Destroyer Command has North African invasion scenarios which require port gunnery emplacements to be eliminated by 5" shellfire from your destroyer squadron.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 10:17 AM   #5
aks2161989
Nub

Downloads: 5
Default Thanks for your suggestions

Thanks a lot everyone! I will try out these games
aks2161989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 09:23 AM   #6
Janus
XO

Downloads: 25

Steam and Iron and its campaign extension quite frequently offer mission objectives to bombard land targets. The presentation is not very spectacular but the game itself is worth recommending for anyone interested in naval surface battles of the early 20th century.

Rule the waves 2 from the same publisher/developer is sort of the extension of Steam and Iron but the battles are generated more randomly than in Steam and iron so you have less of an influence to go on bombard missions, you have to sumbit yourself to the mercy of the battle generator to give you a bombard mission.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 10:38 AM   #7
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Downloads: 190

Harpoon has scenarios where you can attack Lebanon from a US Battleship! It also has that amazing scenario editor!

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana
ChristopherTarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 11:30 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

That would be the USS New Jersey ca: 1984! 300 shells fired; killing the Druze general but also hitting civilian targets...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote