SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-22, 09:49 PM   #1
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Default What a difference!!! (and a question)

After playing SCXIIc and DW/LWAMI +DW/RA what a difference to have this 3P perspective; especially with TIWs.

I am not going to knock it as it does feel far truer to command than being at every station at once. In fact, I find SC/DW & CW complement one another. If you played the former, you have a much better sense of the nuance.

It's subs for 2023. I was just setting up CW yesterday. I still have SH3/GWX and UBOAT.

BTW, I installed the latest DOT MOD. It seems to run fine, but the LOG file in the user directory reports load errors. Have I messed something up or is this to be expected? (I can get these errors with just DOT MOD and nothing installed via JSGME.)

Thanks.
Old 09-30-22, 07:14 AM   #2
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkShot View Post
After playing SCXIIc and DW/LWAMI +DW/RA what a difference to have this 3P perspective; especially with TIWs.

I am not going to knock it as it does feel far truer to command than being at every station at once. In fact, I find SC/DW & CW complement one another. If you played the former, you have a much better sense of the nuance.

It's subs for 2023. I was just setting up CW yesterday. I still have SH3/GWX and UBOAT.

BTW, I installed the latest DOT MOD. It seems to run fine, but the LOG file in the user directory reports load errors. Have I messed something up or is this to be expected? (I can get these errors with just DOT MOD and nothing installed via JSGME.)

Thanks.
Hi!.And the log file????.Post it and we’ll take a look.Cheers.Marcelo
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 07:19 AM   #3
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Thanks!

Initialize engine version: 5.4.0f3 (a6d8d714de6f)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 26.21.14.4166]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 3072 MB (via DXGI)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Network ing.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Network ing.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyBloom.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyBloom.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyColor.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyColor.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyOcclusion.dl l (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\AmplifyOcclusion.dl l into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.056 seconds
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\Managed\INIFileParser.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: Line: 223)

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

A script behaviour (probably PlayerFunctions?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 2728 bytes but expected 2724 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename: Line: 1713)

UnloadTime: 0.852200 ms
Running on Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Starting Cold Waters Dot Mod v 0.4a-1 Script version: VS220806F © 2022 System of measurement: USC Cold Waters version: 1.15g © 2017

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

INFO: Console attached to logging process.

Running on Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Cold Waters/ColdWaters_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

ERROR: Unable to Parse Vector3 from string

ERROR: Unable to Parse Vector3 from string

INFO: Loading Time: 7.554435s

Setting up 3 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 3338 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 3440 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 3588 -> priority: 1
Old 09-30-22, 07:20 AM   #4
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

I got my build from GitHub.
Old 10-01-22, 10:18 AM   #5
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

I think I worked out the error messages.
Old 10-01-22, 03:29 PM   #6
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
I think I worked out the error messages.
One thing I notice recently is that in GitHub, a couple of logs files have the same statement as yours ("sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted!"). I even assumed some kind of intentional maneuver to damage the material to unload.None of those involved in development answered my question.So that’s all speculation. Maybe groundless on my part.I’m glad you fixed the issue of error messages.It would be useful for everyone if you told us what you found out about it and what you did to fix it. Greetings!. Marcelo
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
Old 10-01-22, 10:55 PM   #7
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

For some reason, I had other follow on files in my install which caused those conflicts. I must have seen a post my first day aware of DOT-MOD (out of date) and added those.

All you need is DOT-MOD and the modded DLL, if you want to change sensors.

BTW, the log (unmodded) will have a couple of errors if the game is not in the Steam default path. They programmatically create and attempt to read a file. They use hard coded and not symbolic or relative paths. This is poor programming style.

But, in any case, it works fine.
Old 10-02-22, 09:49 AM   #8
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
For some reason, I had other follow on files in my install which caused those conflicts. I must have seen a post my first day aware of DOT-MOD (out of date) and added those.

All you need is DOT-MOD and the modded DLL, if you want to change sensors.

BTW, the log (unmodded) will have a couple of errors if the game is not in the Steam default path. They programmatically create and attempt to read a file. They use hard coded and not symbolic or relative paths. This is poor programming style.

But, in any case, it works fine.
Excellent description of a possible root of ALL problems.......Enjoy the mod. Greetings!.Marcelo
Old 10-19-22, 05:09 AM   #9
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORDO222 View Post
One thing I notice recently is that in GitHub, a couple of logs files have the same statement as yours ("sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted!"). I even assumed some kind of intentional maneuver to damage the material to unload.None of those involved in development answered my question.So that’s all speculation. Maybe groundless on my part.I’m glad you fixed the issue of error messages.It would be useful for everyone if you told us what you found out about it and what you did to fix it. Greetings!. Marcelo
That’s due to some material changes and code changes that the Unity serialisation system detects and ignores. Just a consequence of how we’ve had to get into the code.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 08:00 AM   #10
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
That’s due to some material changes and code changes that the Unity serialisation system detects and ignores. Just a consequence of how we’ve had to get into the code.
Ah! good explication. And the solution would then be?. Because,obviously, that way of approaching the bowels of the game brings consequences...Greeetings. Marcelo