SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-22, 04:33 PM   #1066
Rinaldi
Watch

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Getting consistent CTDs with sound, even after downloading your new, dud-less EAX. Cannot fire on the Mogami in Torpedo attack school, for example, without the game hard crashing.
Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 04:40 PM   #1067
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinaldi View Post
Getting consistent CTDs with sound, even after downloading your new, dud-less EAX. Cannot fire on the Mogami in Torpedo attack school, for example, without the game hard crashing.
Do ya have your mod mix, set up with either a 4GB patch or using Large Address Aware, to tell your computer to assign it access to 4 gigs of RAM access...

Sounds like... a "no" there... am guessing.

M. M.
Old 08-17-22, 04:43 PM   #1068
Rinaldi
Watch

No, no, have the LAA. Thanks for checking though - always the first thing I do when I reinstall SH4 and create a mod. I'll have a play around with the mod load order but am concerned. Never had a Mod, or the previous version of this one give me guff.
Old 08-17-22, 04:47 PM   #1069
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
No, no, have the LAA. Thanks for checking though - always the first thing I do when I reinstall SH4 and create a mod. I'll have a play around with the mod load order but am concerned. Never had a Mod, or the previous version of this one give me guff.

Mind taking a mo & open up your jsgme, & task it with importing a copy of your mod activation list to clipboard... then posting that in a reply back here... so as to have other set of eyes eyeball it, if ya would. Thanks.

M. M.
Old 08-17-22, 04:50 PM   #1070
Rinaldi
Watch

No worries, see below:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
EAX_Clang_Splash TMO V2.0
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01
DC_Water_Disturbance_NewV1
AAtoDeckguns+Radio
DecoysTMO
EarlyWarScopesV1
TMO Depth ChargeType2
SubPacMessages

_____

Have had a play around with it now. Consistent crash about 15 seconds before impact.
Old 08-17-22, 05:24 PM   #1071
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
No worries, see below:

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

AAtoDeckguns+Radio
DecoysTMO
EarlyWarScopesV1
TMO Depth ChargeType2
SubPacMessages

_____

Have had a play around with it now. Consistent crash about 15 seconds before impact.
Ok...

Couple of things, that raise... red flags for me here.

1. Install locality, for starters... on your computer, how ya set, for hard drives.???

Reason asked, is it is best, to NOT install any games... & NOT even game launchers subsequent games libraries, for that matter... there in Window's UAC terror-tory... namely "Program files or Program files (x86)".... EVER.

Know that with some... newer games, that it is said that they are "supposed" to be worked up, to work in said eviron's... BUT... UAC, has a baaaaaad habit, of failing to listen to the computer user, even if that said user tells UAC, that dinking about with file of games, to mod them... is cool.

There is a... manual on side shifting Steam's library, to another area or another drive... Myself, I went with a scorched earth approach & just wiped it out, then reset it all back up... was... a pain, but... well worth it, from My perspective.

2. Mods: Only 2, that I can see... that may or may not be a bone of contention, are... that EAX clang/splash & that DC water disturbed one... there is a EAX clash/splash (no dud) version... as the clash/splash w/ dud, was a problem, as I recall with causing CTD's... iirc.

As for that DC water mod... not sure if that 1, is a j squared away, in compatibility for use with BH's TMO reworx mix... but... that said, ain;t gonna swear to that, 100% either, that it won't play well with the mix... either.

other than those 2, everything else looks good there... on the order of them. That Depth charge Type 2, is for after Oct of '43... if ya looking to do a career thereabouts... then that's in good. Think BH injected the Type 95, into the main v2.0 mix... iirc.

Only other thing I can think of... that "may" cause issues... if you started off on a career... backed out & then... backed out a mod or some of them, then proceeded to try & continue...

that, as I recall... is a BIG no no there... if you do remove or back out any mods... the prudent course, is to make sure that the save folder gets wiped out... aka nuked.

On a circle back to LAA... can make sure that it is locked in on your SH4.exe (heck, literally any game, for that matter...) by doing the following:

1st off, open it up to where it looks like the screenshot & select the game in question you want to make sure is locked on by LAA as is My copy of this mod set up... in the screenie.

2. After selecting it, click on where it is highlit in the screenie... that section where it reads: "With selected" to open up the sub menu & choose... "Force Large Address Aware".

This will lock LAA on to it, like a heat seeking missile.

That will erase all doubts if LAA is locked on or not...

Ok...

hopefully this will help... & on that DC water mod, someone can confirm or refute My concerns on that particular mod... if it could be causing your CTD woes... maybe...

M. M.
Old 08-17-22, 05:41 PM   #1072
Rinaldi
Watch

Appreciate the in depth response. I managed to find the EAX_Clang_Splash version tucked away in the Patch update that has no dud. Also, for good measure, did what you suggested with the LAA, because you never know.

By far not a large sample size, but was able to recreate the CTD with the exact same conditions three times, again, with the following conditions:

1. All mods as above with the appropriate EAX subbed in.

2. Removing DC_Water_Disturbance_NewV1

No dice. The only time I didn't CTD is when I got subjected to the Mk14 effect and had all four deep run. Seems any type of impending impact, dud or otherwise, causes a CTD still. Will try the nuclear option of a fresh install, but if not will likely have to slink off to FOTRSU again. Shame, because I rate this much better personally.
Old 08-17-22, 05:50 PM   #1073
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Appreciate the in depth response. I managed to find the EAX_Clang_Splash version tucked away in the Patch update that has no dud. Also, for good measure, did what you suggested with the LAA, because you never know.

By far not a large sample size, but was able to recreate the CTD with the exact same conditions three times, again, with the following conditions:

1. All mods as above with the appropriate EAX subbed in.

2. Removing DC_Water_Disturbance_NewV1

No dice. The only time I didn't CTD is when I got subjected to the Mk14 effect and had all four deep run. Seems any type of impending impact, dud or otherwise, causes a CTD still. Will try the nuclear option of a fresh install, but if not will likely have to slink off to FOTRSU again. Shame, because I rate this much better personally.
For the record... I have (at this time...)

13 modded copies, of SH4.

4 of those, are TMO v2.5 BH v2 mod mix set ups...

1 Asiatic, 1 PH, 1 Alaska DH & the 4th & final one is SubRon 50 mod mix...

My SH4 v1.5 copy that I use to run those... is through Steam... as I 1st tried with Ubi & their... launcher set up, to do that &... got bupkiss... despite everything to make that work.

Steam was the only 1, I had any success with... go figure...

M. M.
Old 08-17-22, 08:13 PM   #1074
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
certainly Kaleun Marco..

thx MM ...
probleme de dll gif
i was quoting a line from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
it seemed to be appropriate, at the time.
you were meant to laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:09 PM   #1075
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
No worries, see below:

AAtoDeckguns+Radio
DecoysTMO
EarlyWarScopesV1
TMO Depth ChargeType2
SubPacMessages

_____

In the readme for the mod, it is stated to not install in the program files x86) drive as this can and does cause issues with sim and mods.

Another issue is the steam game. I've noticed higher incidents of issues among those with steam version of SH4. I have a disc and do not use steam, so not sure on troubleshooting there.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 10:08 AM   #1076
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I have never had the issue shown in your screenshot, may want to check your install order.

1. We've talked about the rec manual many times on here if I recall, not something I can fix. In fact, on my end I do not see the problem I remember you pointing out. Could be a resolution issue.

2. Yes in future I will review positioning in ports. I did a bit of work on ports. Harbor traffic is low on the list of priorities when it comes to modding. Specifically? Talking about the nurses? See above.

3.Plankton is a personal preference. I mostly run without external cam for realism purposes so never noticed. May be tied in with sea life, I don't know. Either way not something in my skill set to address.

4. I probably will not make marine life optional, I like it. I will incorporate
updated versions. I've had no issues due to it, but Ill think about it. If want to remove, files can be easily replaced.

5. That is up to vickers to make those skins for TMO. Fubars hi res skins are included as optional mod and look great. I see no need but to each their own.

6. I have to get permission to get the "real" Narhwal , otherwise have to get it from the bonus downloads. Only FOTRS has permission to include it in their mod and doubt I will get permission, I will inquire.

7. Loading page is original TMO. I am A not sure how to change it and B don't really want to unless someone created a great fresh one for my mod.

8. Texturing is not my department, there are native ships and imported, cloned ships. S7rikeback did a lot of work on fixing texture issues in V2.0. Perhaps he will address any you find.

9. Rubini clouds obviously not my mod, creator of that mod would need to create a version of the mod to work with TMO Update BH V2.0
Bonjour BH ..
I show you my installation order

[MODS]
Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0=1
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0=2
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0=3
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01=4
Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0=5
EAX_splash_clang_TMOV2.0=6
AAtoDeckguns+Radio=7
BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO=8
Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0=9
Torpedoes Early_TNTV4B=10
jimimadrid Torpedos adjust Tmo2.0=11
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3=12

1 this recce manual should be able to be repaired ask Beanie I'm sure he knows how to handle this kind of problem..

2 yes there must be a positioning problem in the ports, can it be linked to the campaign? besides these trucks and the fanfare can be removed it will please the frame rate for the trucks to make them static ... another thing the port cranes are really out of place I think it will be good to position them in a logical way by compared to the mooring quay.. there are even too many I find...
It would be good to see all of that again, wouldn't it?
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1000
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=911

3 & 4 For these points you contradict yourself..!!! you tell me I quote " 3. Plankton is a personal preference. I mostly run without an external camera for realism purposes, so never noticed. Maybe related to marine life, I don't know."
so I don't see the point of having marine life since you don't see it!!!
I will add that by strong compression of time there are sometimes thousands of them.. so I find that it should be optional I have no problem removing them... moreover it is done.. something else since I use " DDS" particles of FoTrS the plankton is much better as well as the smoke from the boats is very good it's strange all the same remember you I already told you about this smoke problem

5 The high resolution Fubars skins are not bad... but 4k vickers is in my eyes a must today. Hoping that Master vickers03 tinkers with this for us..
what do you want I tell you I'm boring with the detail..

6 I'm glad you're considering this request.

7 I don't have time... but I think it should be done to differentiate your work then it's always nice to have a nice page.. that of FotRs are really splendid..

8 for this point it represents a colossal work we would need model experts like VonDos.. Alex B.. Mr. M Kapuhy.etc

9 In the hope that it comes.. imagine with your night these clouds during night attack
in FoTrS this is really very good..

Dear BH I am aware of all these remarks that I am making to you but I am telling you I am annoying I like everything to be in order..
ah yes don't forget to tell me for my list what's wrong
My best regards Kal Maximus U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 08-18-22 at 10:35 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 10:19 AM   #1077
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i was quoting a line from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
it seemed to be appropriate, at the time.
you were meant to laugh.
Hi KaleunMarco I understood..!!! but I couldn't Dll the gif.. Mad Mardigan was able to upload it...

tell me you have these problems could you confirm for Raiders of the Lost Ark & Mad trucks

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusSave 5]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_PatrolStart
NameDisplayable=USS Perch (SS-176)
CurrentDate=1941-06-03 13:00:00
DepartureBaseIDLink=Cavite Navy Yard
DepartureFlotillaIDLink=FremantleCommand
ObjectiveTypesAssigned=

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 08-18-22 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-18-22, 11:19 AM   #1078
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Bonjour BH ..
I show you my installation order

[MODS]
Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0=1
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0=2
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0=3
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01=4
Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0=5
EAX_splash_clang_TMOV2.0=6
AAtoDeckguns+Radio=7
BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO=8
Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0=9
Torpedoes Early_TNTV4B=10
jimimadrid Torpedos adjust Tmo2.0=11
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3=12

1 this recce manual should be able to be repaired ask Beanie I'm sure he knows how to handle this kind of problem..

2 yes there must be a positioning problem in the ports, can it be linked to the campaign? besides these trucks and the fanfare can be removed it will please the frame rate for the trucks to make them static ... another thing the port cranes are really out of place I think it will be good to position them in a logical way by compared to the mooring quay.. there are even too many I find...
It would be good to see all of that again, wouldn't it?
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1000
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=911

3 & 4 For these points you contradict yourself..!!! you tell me I quote " 3. Plankton is a personal preference. I mostly run without an external camera for realism purposes, so never noticed. Maybe related to marine life, I don't know."
so I don't see the point of having marine life since you don't see it!!!
I will add that by strong compression of time there are sometimes thousands of them.. so I find that it should be optional I have no problem removing them... moreover it is done.. something else since I use " DDS" particles of FoTrS the plankton is much better as well as the smoke from the boats is very good it's strange all the same remember you I already told you about this smoke problem

5 The high resolution Fubars skins are not bad... but 4k vickers is in my eyes a must today. Hoping that Master vickers03 tinkers with this for us..
what do you want I tell you I'm boring with the detail..

6 I'm glad you're considering this request.

7 I don't have time... but I think it should be done to differentiate your work then it's always nice to have a nice page.. that of FotRs are really splendid..

8 for this point it represents a colossal work we would need model experts like VonDos.. Alex B.. Mr. M Kapuhy.etc

9 In the hope that it comes.. imagine with your night these clouds during night attack
in FoTrS this is really very good..

Dear BH I am aware of all these remarks that I am making to you but I am telling you I am annoying I like everything to be in order..
ah yes don't forget to tell me for my list what's wrong
My best regards Kal Maximus U669

Mon ami...

Même si l’on n’utilise pas les caméras externes (aucune d’entre elles, du tout) serait toujours la vue de la vie marine, à travers le péri. Cela inclurait également le plancton flottant librement.

Cela pourrait être d’un certain soulagement, si la quantité d’entre eux (plancton, vie marine et autres choses flottant librement dans les eaux, d’ailleurs) pouvait, peut-être... être rappelé un peu.

M. M.
Old 08-18-22, 01:15 PM   #1079
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Mon ami...

Même si l’on n’utilise pas les caméras externes (aucune d’entre elles, du tout) serait toujours la vue de la vie marine, à travers le péri. Cela inclurait également le plancton flottant librement.

Cela pourrait être d’un certain soulagement, si la quantité d’entre eux (plancton, vie marine et autres choses flottant librement dans les eaux, d’ailleurs) pouvait, peut-être... être rappelé un peu.

M. M.
Hey Mad Mardigan
I solved the smoke problem. As well as the plankton uses "DDS particles" from FotRs it's nice..!!
when the marine life disappeared due to overfishing...

MM can you tell me if you have these bores? Raiders of the Lost Ark & Mad trucks

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1077

kind regards your friend Kal Maximus U669
Old 08-18-22, 01:28 PM   #1080
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Quote:
Hey Mad Mardigan
I solved the smoke problem. As well as the plankton uses "DDS particles" from FotRs it's nice..!!
when the marine life disappeared due to overfishing...
MM can you tell me if you have these bores?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1077

kind regards your friend Kal Maximus U669

I've seen... the amphibious trucks... *chuckles* though, can't say as to seeing angels floating above some ships though... guess I wasn't luck enough or in the right place/right time to.

Did note some... serious waterfront property... (as in some partially under the water, not to mention trees & bushes at waters edge... (but, know that I have seen some fauna *think I have that rightly described there... * that was rooted in, along the waters edge, to be frank about it. )

Not to mention, some foliage floating in air, above land... as well.

Just notating things for future reference to look into Bubblehad1980 bud... no recriminations...

M. M.