SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-22, 07:25 PM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default In DotMod, if I want to edit a vessel text file, which folder/sub-folder?

I, like many, enjoy the new features DotMod brings to this game. However, I am unable at this time to figure out which folder/sub-folder contains the actual text file of a vessel I wish to edit/mod. For example: say that I want to edit the usn_ssn_seawolf text file in the vessels folder. In the vanilla version, easy to do. Or, in DotMod, can it even be done?

So, for example, if I want to edit/mod/change the speed properties, or the depth properties, or the sonar properties of a particular submarine, where would I look for the file or files in order to affect such changes?
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.

Last edited by Mspot; 05-17-22 at 12:32 AM.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 05:04 AM   #2
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Default Never mind...

Never mind. After much reading and researching, I concluded, satisfactorily, that the DotMod was not the mod for me. I have switched to the EpicMod. And, man, am I glad I did. Talk about a winner! What you folks did with the EpicMod for Cold Waters is nothing short of amazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. It works. And, it works simply and effectively -- much easier than the DotMod. And, I can tweak to my liking. It's like having a brand new game.

You folks at EpicMod have restored my faith in game developers. As a result, I may just have to increase my donation to SubSim.

The only thing I would ask would be that in your next release/upgrade, allow us to zoom in more on the submarines. I am currently using the Virginia, and would love to be able to get a closer look at that beauty.

Again, you folks at EpicMod have, in my estimation, outdone yourselves. My hat is off to you.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 12:38 PM   #3
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3

In answer to the first question for reference you are looking for dotmod\vessels\01_Submarine\01_USN\02_SSN\07_Seawo lf\usn_99_ssn_seawolf.txt so it is fairly self explanatory.

In answer to the response post I should point out that Epic Mod is banned in this forum as the developer has been stealing models and code from Dot Mod, and likely pirating models from other games and services such as Turbosquid.

If you want to get closer to a vessel try changing the MinCameraDistance= value, but if you get too cloase the model will clip through the camera.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote