SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-19, 12:11 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

bullhorn Das Boot VR

So, a new game has recently come out, built on the foundation of the legendary Das Boot film with VR capabilities, Das Boot VR Demise. This is the first of a series of VR episodes.

If you have never tried VR, all I can tell you is there is nothing like it. I do not have a VR set up yet, I am going to set one up when I move into my new house soon. So for now my exposure to Das Boot VR will be 2D But I have has a taste of VR in Sweden with Wolfpack and I know how this will play out. Das Boot is the Holy Grail of submarine IPs and with the VR element, this game could be the biggest thing yet. It is still in development but Demise is a short preview of things to come. Next will be Das Boot VR Escape.

Presently the game is available on HTC Viveport only, Das Boot VR will be released on Steam in a few months.

For more screenshots and info, dive into the Subsim preview.

Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 10:01 AM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This is the second VR game with the famous IP after the Single Player Release of DAS BOOT VR Demise in June this year.

You can submerge with DAS BOOT on Hologate http://hologate.com/ with a truly unique multiplayer submarine experience.
Old 12-17-19, 09:08 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Am I mistaken or is this more a scripted interactive movie or VR demo, than a game? Checking the links from the links provided, players report playing times of 5-10 minutes, and always the same going of events.

There are quite some porgrams like thios, uusally to illustrate the ISS, the Sistine chapel, the palace of Versaille and such,. so why not depc8ting a U-Boot this way, too. But it shou,.d then not be advertised in a way that gives the idea of it beign a full-blown game - becasue it seems it is not!?

5 Euros per episode imo is quite expensive already. The demonstrators I mentioned, are free, or cost less.

You said you are going for VR in the near future. If racing is your thing, I can talk you into it: which title to chose for what reasons, and how to set it up best. VR and racing sims are the most natural combinations amongst all game genres. Some non-VR games also work great in 2D in the VR headset - imagine to sit in a multiplex cinema and play your game on the huge screen before you. Doe snto work with all games, Vr sickness can be an issue thjis way. But worth to be checked. For Oculus, the app to look out for would be Virtual Desktop, which master a few other tricks, too, and a mod for cineplex cinema (from Sydney, meanwhile demolished).

The cinema, not the city.

Tags
das boot, virtual reality