Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 06-28-10, 12:46 PM   #91
robi
Watch

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi View Post
can anybody recomend me a good tank war game something where you can stay inside of the tank please?(something realistic?)
and the game must be good for windows vista
robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 10:32 PM   #92
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Sims

Robi, tanksim-wise there are basically 3 WWII sims Steel Fury, T34 versus Tiger (particularly since ZeeWolf has taken over the sim, giving it newlife and new mods but it's not free) and Panzer Elite ( noty Action that one is an arcade game for children).Otherwise if you're looking for modern tanks then there's Steel Beast which is a classic and the best but expensive or T72 Balkans on fire which is more affordable and not bad.That's it.All those sims let you play the various positions inside the tank;Commander, Loader, Driver, Gunner, Machine Gunner and Radio Operator( depending on the sim). I have all of them WWII and contemporary and I must admit they're all good each in their own right.WWII-wise I am more engrossed in Steel Fury because it's got ttons of mods and tanks,the mission editor is user-friendly and I am making user-made misisons.TvsT has better graphics but the ME is pure Greek.Panzer Elite also has tons of mods and is quite good but it's graphics are ageing( mind you it's cl;assic it's 12 years old abnd still very popular) and the infantry sprites are dated.

Up to you!

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 07:03 AM   #93
robi
Watch

thanx a lot frinik I am searching info and maybe I will get the "tank virus" from you hahaha
Old 06-30-10, 06:26 AM   #94
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default sims

Careful if you get that tank virus from me you'll be coughing nasty 88 or 85 mm shells, blowing black smoke and suffer from bouts of mod fever.
Old 06-30-10, 07:24 AM   #95
robi
Watch

I`ll take my chance
Old 08-26-10, 09:19 PM   #96
KnightsCross
Bosun

Hi Guys
Thought I would say hello since I haven't for a while
I have been able to play a bit of SF1942 on my Daughters laptop when I can get it, also with her laptop I have played a bit of World of Tanks eu closed beta MMO which is good for playing against others in a semi realistic way.

Cheers Hope you are all well
Old 08-26-10, 09:46 PM   #97
KnightsCross
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hey Knightscross once you get Steel Fury and get all the mods installed including the Tiger 1.0 if you're interested I'll email you 30 or so user-made missions I 've made involving the Tiger I tank against T34/85, JS2s, KV1s and 2s and T34/76.My missions are just huge tank battles ( my latest one involves 120 tanks fighting it out !).With another ZW member we've made some missions as well and I modified russian-made user missions into German ones.If you like shootouts, actions and want to practice your marksmanship you'll like them.Just let me know

Cheers
Still haven't forgotten, waiting till I get my own pc, hopefully only weeks away

Tanks Mate
Old 08-27-10, 08:48 AM   #98
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default sf missions

No worries KC, I am planning to stick around and my missions are not going anywhere so take your time.Meanwhile I am creating more so the more you wait the more there'll be to play. I checked out the World of Tanks but too arcady for me.Reminds me of Panzer Elite Action.....
Old 08-29-10, 04:00 PM   #99
morttheslayer
Soundman

Hi KC

Still with us eh - you're like me in a hull down position at present!
Got lots on, but clocking in now and again for my fix and to check progress.

Summer is over here in the UK, we seem to have gone straight into Autumn 4 weeks early. Rumour has it sun will shine this week.
Anyway hope all is well with you and don't wear out your daughter's laptop

All the best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:45 AM   #100
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Hi Morty!

Morty!

Hey Man, after painting the house and now being pushed to look for new barracks by your Frau Panzer Kommandant your summer( if you can call an English summer summer.....)has been cut short????Thank God Mr. Zee has some good news for you and hopefully your autumn will be cheerier than your summer.Don't lose hope and your morale my friend because " UNCLE ZEE" and your ZUG NEED YOU!

Cheers

Frinik
Old 09-01-10, 03:30 PM   #101
morttheslayer
Soundman

Good to have you back from shore leave Frinik

Frinik - Yes our English Summers are reassuringly fleeting!! We did have one this year though it came early. Mrs Panzer Commander is looking for winter quarters and a good defensive position. Me --- I'm looking for an easy life
Hope your graphics card cuts it for you albeit a model down.
I just had a problem where my card just overtemped (95deg C) had a bonging warning so I checked the temp quickly (on the V Tune utility) and shut off right away. On checking the fan had ceased to operate. Cut a long story short ordered the Akasa Vortexx Neo ---- replacement h/s and fan ---- as supposed to fit my 9800GTX+ but did it ( No rollocks!!!!)

Now it does!! after snipping the aluminium fins with Mrs Panz Cdr's nail scissors and cutting out the plastic casing in 3 places (araldite-ing some reinforcing plastic back as stiffening) and having a minor wiring change (now to PSU no fan control now from the card connection - as 100% all the time) it seems to work OK. Took 3 days on and off to mod the "preferred solution". Need some more tests but looks like running just above 50 deg c on GPU intensive apps.

Down side Mrs Panzer Cdr is having trouble cutting her prehensile nails now with the mangled nail scissors - I could be in trouble soon. I suggested that her nails had thickened up dramatically because she's getting old tough and brittle

Anyway I love the look of Zees work to date - it's looking superb. I agree with youre comment about a degree of replayability, if it could ever be introduced by randomising some elements this game could last forever (well almost !!). Mind you Zee has a shed load of work here I can only marvel at his ability and competence and wish I were ten per cent as good!!
Mind you where graphics card coolers are concerned I'm your man!! have scissors will travel

All the best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:18 AM   #102
KnightsCross
Bosun

Hi Gents
just dropped in to say hi, read some posts and find out the latest.
hope you are all well

KnightCross
Old 03-27-11, 03:43 AM   #103
KnightsCross
Bosun

Hi again
Well i thought I knew what I was doing after reading a few threads but is seems I don't have a clue
I was lucky enough to have a good friend who gave me his old pc
So I loaded up TvsT and cant get it to run. After the game loads and I choose a game to play, it loads the game then stops. The error TvsT.exe has stopped working.
So after reading your threads I thought I would reload active X9c, no joy.
I ran the game in compatability mods XPsp2 and Vista and each time it fails just before I get to play a game

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx once again

This is what I have

Window 7 SP1
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
2.4Ghz
32-bit operating system
2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB
1279 MB Total available graphics memory
DirectX 10
Old 03-27-11, 05:35 AM   #104
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default dLL FILES

HI Knightscross! It's probabbly because you are missing the following dll files in your game . Without them it crashes:

mscvi70
msvcp71
msvcr70
msvcr71

If you don't have them in your game's main folder then you ahve your answer.

You can find and doznload them from Microsoft's download website.

CHEERS AND WELCOME BACK!
Old 03-28-11, 03:50 AM   #105
KnightsCross
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
HI Knightscross! It's probabbly because you are missing the following dll files in your game . Without them it crashes:

mscvi70
msvcp71
msvcr70
msvcr71

If you don't have them in your game's main folder then you ahve your answer.

You can find and doznload them from Microsoft's download website.

CHEERS AND WELCOME BACK!
You are a Legend
I have just loaded the game, put it on pause to come back and thank you
Thanks so much this is the first thing thats gone right all day

you
Knight