Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-20, 12:15 AM   #4291
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Dr. Richard Bartlett shared exclusive news with OAN about how asthma medicine Budesonide emptied a hospital ICU after being used to treat coronavirus.

Old 07-12-20, 05:16 AM   #4292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
To the disgust of the Spanish natives, German tourists on Mallorca throw parties in flocks of hundreds, without any social distancing and without wearing masks at all. The picture series on this site shows how it looks like in the Beer Street on the "Ballermann". On TV there was worse to be seen.

https://www.mallorcazeitung.es/multi...allermann.html

In a few days these stupids will return to Germany in significant numbers, and will distribute across all of Germany.

Here's me thinking only us Brits were so selfishly stupid.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 05:24 AM   #4293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The US - the country hardest hit by the coronavirus - on Saturday posted more than 66,000 new cases, a daily record.

President Donald Trump finally wore a mask in public for the first time since the pandemic began.

Amitabh Bachchan, one of India's best known film actors, has tested positive for Covid-19

India has seen another surge in infections, rising to over 820,000

MPs have called for the government to clarify its position on face coverings in England.

A Scottish pilot who spent more than two months on life support in Vietnam with coronavirus is on his way home.

More than 12.7m cases of Covid-19 have been reported globally, and 565,000 deaths.

Old 07-12-20, 05:30 AM   #4294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prof Robin Shattock, who leads Imperial College London's vaccine team, says its Covid-19 vaccine could be rolled out across the UK in the first half of next year if everything goes "really well".

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says her government must take a "very close look" at how to avoid people from rest of the UK bringing coronavirus into Scotland.

Thousands of Israelis in Tel Aviv took to the streets on Saturday to protest against the government’s handling of the coronavirus crisis.

Japan’s capital Tokyo reported 206 new infections on Saturday, the fourth straight day of more than 200 cases.

Old 07-12-20, 05:31 AM   #4295
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I keep my fingers crossed!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 05:47 AM   #4296
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I keep my fingers crossed!!
Save your fingers, it's the OAN.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:29 AM   #4297
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

If it's fake then it's in very poor taste!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 08:00 AM   #4298
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

OAN is a really Far-Right cable news channel with all the baggage extreme Far-Right entais; it is not fake in the sense OAN is real, but OAN does deal in a whole slew of conspiracy theories, wildly unattributed "sources" and a news 'style' best described as "supermarket tabloid with an extreme political bent"; anything OAN reports should be taken with pounds, not grains, of salt and any claim they make of facts should also be thoroughly fact-checked; OAN has been caught several times making absolutely false reports...

One America News Network --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

I do agree that such reportage is in very poor taste, even more so when it has the potential to tragically affect lives; particularly of those who may be taken in by such charlatanism...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 07-12-20 at 09:15 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 10:39 AM   #4299
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
.. it is not fake in the sense CNN is real, but CNN does deal in a whole slew of conspiracy theories, wildly unattributed "sources" and a news 'style' best described as "supermarket tabloid with an extreme political bent"; anything CNN reports should be taken with pounds, not grains, of salt and any claim they make of facts should also be thoroughly fact-checked; CNN has been caught several times making absolutely false reports...

hmmm, anyone notice the similarities....
Old 07-12-20, 10:47 AM   #4300
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
hmmm, anyone notice the similarities....
Yes I do ... They both have something to sell you in between the news
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:38 PM   #4301
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further 21 deaths have been recorded in the UK, bringing the total recorded figure to 44,819.

The figure includes deaths recorded in all settings - hospitals, care homes and the wider community - as of 17:00 BST on Saturday.

A further 650 cases in the UK have been confirmed, bringing the total to 289,603.

Old 07-12-20, 12:52 PM   #4302
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Redearchers in a German hospital confirm earlier reports of Chinese scientists that antibodies dissappear after short time and thus immunization effects go away. They found this happening in half of their patients.

If further confirmed, this is the worst news we could have gotten.

The findings are not without criticism. Some say it is positives that never healed out. But they already said that - without gibing further evidence - when the Chinese said something like this already weeks ago. It starts to sound like whistleing alone in the dark forest.

I more and more agree with those thinking that we may not nerd one or a few, but many different vaccines. And they may be effective only for limited time, one season or so, maybe even less?
Old 07-12-20, 01:22 PM   #4303
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It is true one does not know yet enough off this "virus", but the missing of ready antibodies usually does not mean a species has not acquired some immunity. The information to quickly form required antibodies is stored for a certain amount of time.
When the persons observed are getting really sick again, this would be real bad news = meaning the acquired information in the T-cells is already gone, or the immunosystem's reaction develops too slow despite of the existing 'knowledge'.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 03:23 PM   #4304
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^Those were patients with confirmed Covid 19 infection, Catfish. They were immune after recovering, and later lost their antibodies again in little time. Half of them.

The Chinese rang alarm on this already several weeks ago. The WHO, as usual, tried to supress it as unwelcomed news. Hell, they still argue against wearing masks. I want Germany too to stop funding these comical Alis.

A commentig n theory says that maybe the vorus load at exposition polays a role. Asymmptom,atic patients may suffer not seriously enough to form a fully developement antibody suite = immunity, and then find these light dfeence vansih quickly and the pewrosn vulnerable again, whereas serious casdes may form more antoibodies and more robust immunity that last for longer - if the pateint survives. But that is not proven, and just a version of the narration, I understood. Would be hell hwoever to learn that mild forms of Covid does not free you from t he need to suffer a serious, risky painful going of the desease later on to get better immunity, so I would not call this explanation attempt more hopeful. It isn'T. Its especially grim, I would say.
Old 07-12-20, 03:39 PM   #4305
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^Those were patients with confirmed Covid 19 infection, Catfish. They were immune after recovering, and later lost their antibodies again in little time. Half of them.
Come on man, we still have a 50/50 chance of survival ...

I finally get tested next week. I will keep you informed
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan