SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-09-20, 09:35 PM   #1
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51
Default S3D Issues

I am trying to copy info from one DAT file to another using S3D, but I have no idea how to do it.
This is because 2 different mods have different DAT files, and if I try to use one, I lose he features of the other one.

I've been trying to transfer info from a NSS_Uboat9b.DAT to another included in other mod, but unsuccessfully so far.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

CapZap
Old 09-09-20, 10:07 PM   #2
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 428
Uploads: 0

Use the FILE drop down in the upper left corner and select OPEN, you should get another window opened to locate the other S3d file you want to open. You should be able to compare side by side.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 11:33 PM   #3
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Use the FILE drop down in the upper left corner and select OPEN, you should get another window opened to locate the other S3d file you want to open. You should be able to compare side by side.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Yes, I can open another window and see both files side by side, what I can't do is copy info form one to another...
I would like to copy from one to another, but when I select a chunk, the copy/paste options are not available

But thanks anyway for your help...

CapZap

Last edited by CapZap1970; 09-09-20 at 11:55 PM.
CapZap1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 02:40 AM   #4
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
Yes, I can open another window and see both files side by side, what I can't do is copy info form one to another...
I would like to copy from one to another, but when I select a chunk, the copy/paste options are not available

Press Ctl+Shift+C to Copy
Press Ctl+V to Paste.
Copying the effect bush with the entire internal structure is performed by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C; paste Ctrl + V; cutting out the entire bush Ctrl + Shift + X. To insert a bush at a specific location in the file, open the entire structure of the above bush, select the last controller in the bush, and paste the copied bush Ctrl + V. The inserted bush will be located strictly in the planned place.

Last edited by Anvar1061; 09-10-20 at 02:57 AM.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 12:04 PM   #5
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post

Press Ctl+Shift+C to Copy
Press Ctl+V to Paste.
Copying the effect bush with the entire internal structure is performed by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C; paste Ctrl + V; cutting out the entire bush Ctrl + Shift + X. To insert a bush at a specific location in the file, open the entire structure of the above bush, select the last controller in the bush, and paste the copied bush Ctrl + V. The inserted bush will be located strictly in the planned place.

Anvar, just tried that but it refuses to copy... I have 2 windows opned side by side, I go to the window where is the window I want to copy fro, mark the chuk i want to copy, press CTRL+SHIFT+C, then i go to the wondow wher eI want to copy the info to and press CTRL+V, but nothing happens....

Perhaps I am doing something wrong... (most likely)...

Thank you anyway for your help.

CapZap
Old 09-10-20, 12:17 PM   #6
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
then i go to the wondow wher eI want to copy the info to and press CTRL+V, but nothing happens....
Just select the Edit / "Paste" function in the upper left corner of the program window where you want to copy the selected fragment (you will have an envelope, you choose what to save)
Old 09-10-20, 02:33 PM   #7
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Just select the Edit / "Paste" function in the upper left corner of the program window where you want to copy the selected fragment (you will have an envelope, you choose what to save)
Anvar1061, one more time, thank you very much!!!! If you didn't post the screen shot, I would have never guessed what was wrong...

I was using S3D version 0.9 and your screenshot shows 0.9.9

Just installed the 0.9.9 version and it works as shown in your post. For some reason, version 0.9 shows those icons in the taskbar but they don't seem to be working.

Fantastic!!! (and tons of thank you!!!)

CapZap