SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-19, 04:40 AM   #46
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

No need for exaggeration. The majority of this thread was still about Uboat vs Wolfpack comparison. Sure, it wandered off a bit to become a bit one-sided. But that can be steered back again. And in this forum threads don't tend to get closed until discussions start to go real sour. I think there is some life in it if people are willing to add their 2 cents.
Old 06-01-19, 01:38 PM   #47
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
'Daelin[SHOT]! Great two cents worth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Great first post and solid ideas, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
This Thread has been totally derailed..............

PLZ Close this THREAD..thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
No need for exaggeration. The majority of this thread was still about Uboat vs Wolfpack comparison. Sure, it wandered off a bit to become a bit one-sided. But that can be steered back again. And in this forum threads don't tend to get closed until discussions start to go real sour. I think there is some life in it if people are willing to add their 2 cents.
not totally derailed and it's doing what a good thread should with some very well written '2¢'s worth' posts in an unsually eloquent ongoing discussion; well worth continuing....imho

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-01-19 at 01:46 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 06:15 PM   #48
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

I think Wolfpack is VERY GOOD. My only complaint is starting some games you have to do a long end-around. Other than that I find it to be the best U-Boat sim ever made. The co-op makes the game so immersive. I love it.

UBOAT is a good concept but feels like it still needs a lot of work, although a lot of progress has been made in a very short time. I don't mind the micro. I actually enjoy it.

They're both very different games and I appreciate each for different reasons.

In conclusion, I'm really glad each game was made. I'm really glad the WWII sub genre didn't die with Silent Hunter.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 03:31 AM   #49
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

I’ve purchased UBoat thus far and thinking of buying WolfPack. Just don’t know whether my Laptop can handle it.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:29 AM   #50
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

If you can run Uboat, you will be able to play Wolfpack without any problem. Uboat is more demanding CPU/GPU game
JuanLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 08:31 AM   #51
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
I think Wolfpack is VERY GOOD. My only complaint is starting some games you have to do a long end-around. Other than that I find it to be the best U-Boat sim ever made. The co-op makes the game so immersive. I love it.

UBOAT is a good concept but feels like it still needs a lot of work, although a lot of progress has been made in a very short time. I don't mind the micro. I actually enjoy it.

They're both very different games and I appreciate each for different reasons.

In conclusion, I'm really glad each game was made. I'm really glad the WWII sub genre didn't die with Silent Hunter.
Sorry for the late reply, that has been remedied with an option for quick encounter.
Old 08-20-20, 08:07 PM   #52
bigbear
Watch

Downloads: 7
Default Monitor support

Due to the fact that SH3 and SH5 don't seem to work on widescreen monitors, I am considering getting Wolfpack. But I just need to know if it supports a 3440x1440 screen. Does anyone know if it can?
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote