SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-17, 11:43 PM   #5521
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirShark View Post
i fixed it by reinstalling the game but does this mod is for jsgme? and i have a funny problem the porpoise dont have a bridge LMAO! i dont know if this is only for me or every body have this problem
Besides the excellent links that THEBERBSTER pointed you to, it'd be easier to diagnose your trouble if you could tell us where you purchased your game (for example, Steam or Amazon, etc.), which version you are using, such as V1.3 or v1.5, (which is the Uboats version), and please tell us which folder you have the game installed in, such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\..."

The Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate (FotRSU) mod can be easily installed with JSGME, as per THEBERBSTER's links above. However, be sure you empty your "My Documents \ SH4" save game folder before you activate the mod. Also, it is advisable to alter the SH4.exe file with the LAA applet, and the best place to read instructions for that are in CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install

Like THEBERBSTER said: "Welcome to SubSim!"

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 11:05 AM   #5522
AirShark
Seaman

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > AirShark
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER,propbeanie thanks for both of you i fixed all my problems by reinstalling the mod and the game is working like a charm ! this is the best supermod i found here in the subsim and its in my favorated list keep the work up !
AirShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 01:59 PM   #5523
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Hitman, and that is going to be the crowning glory of FOTRSU. You'll be able to roll your own game to the extent that is possible. We'll have plugin mods that are guaranteed not to screw up the rest of FOTRSU, but which will tune your game to play the way YOU want it to.

But first we have to be happy with the base game. We're getting much closer. There's still stuff to do. Then we'll get down to what really makes FOTRSU different from every supermod ever made for the game.

In effect, you'll be able to roll your own supermod.
That is one of the parts I appreciate more RR, the ability to once and for all end with the dreaded mod-soups that always break something else. A coherent, superb looking, error free base with certified plug-ins (or plug-outs!) is your genius idea. And those that do not want torpedoes from surface ships will just be a JGSME click away from having it.

Roll on FOTRSU!
Old 12-05-17, 05:52 AM   #5524
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82
Default SJ gets planes

I can see the SJ radar picking up airplanes.Is that intentional?Does it mean very low-flying aircarfts?
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 09:55 AM   #5525
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
I can see the SJ radar picking up airplanes.Is that intentional?Does it mean very low-flying aircarfts?
Yes, it's intentional. Radar is radar, it picks up all objects...including planes. But no, it does not pick up only low flying aircraft.

The stock game does not pick up many of the objects it should, it's how the developers configured the game. Fotrs Ultimate does because in real life radar operations, a "blip" was determined to be a plane or surface ship by the speed the "blip" crossed the PPI screen. Faster movement meant it was a plane. You'll see the same thing in Ultimate's radar.

The stock game developers spent little time making a truly simulated radar system. The stock games SJ wouldn't pick up most surface ships, even when they were in eyesight range! There was no way of determining range to target due to not having a way of measuring a blip when it did appear. The SD, which used a different sender/receiver antenna, doesn't even have the actual radar unit simulated......it should look similar to the A-Scope design. But, their idea of the radar stations was to have only SJ (surface search), show on both the A-Scope unit and the PPI. Because of this hard coded game setup, there is little we can do to change these short comings.

We can improve the detection capabilities; improve the PPI screen to provide an accurate measuring "overlay" for all three range settings; even add a working ST radar antenna into the "night" (observation) periscope. But, there's a lot of things we can't do due to the limitations of the hard coded instructions by the game development.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 09:05 PM   #5526
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290

Been gone with a hip replacement. Is 0.63 your most recent Beta to date? And happy holidays to all.

Jack
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 09:34 PM   #5527
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 1

Is it possible to bring OTC's omnimeter and range dial in to the GUI? Manually input range in to TDC sometimes critical - for instance I once encounter a DD in a super-heavy fog weather, which the DD only showed its fuzzy silhouette over the horizon and it made me impossible to lock on target to use the stadimeter, nor even input the range. However I finally hit it with the help of omnimeter and range dial. Not only such critical case, but night surface attack with radar also requires range dial.... FORTSU is great for me so far, but it's quite pity that there's no such a nice tool to help me in some cases...
Old 12-07-17, 10:05 AM   #5528
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Been gone with a hip replacement. Is 0.63 your most recent Beta to date? And happy holidays to all.

Jack
So you've got the swivel back in your dance steps, eh? Are you ready to compete on Dancing With The Stars just yet?... In the meantime, yes, the v0.63 is still the latest. The next version won't be too much longer, but there are some details that need bending to the Capn's will just yet, but he is stubborn, and will keep at 'em . He calls it "determined", his wife says "bull-headed"... - what ~my~ wife calls me can't be re-printed on this web site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
Is it possible to bring OTC's omnimeter and range dial in to the GUI? Manually input range in to TDC sometimes critical - for instance I once encounter a DD in a super-heavy fog weather, which the DD only showed its fuzzy silhouette over the horizon and it made me impossible to lock on target to use the stadimeter, nor even input the range. However I finally hit it with the help of omnimeter and range dial. Not only such critical case, but night surface attack with radar also requires range dial.... FORTSU is great for me so far, but it's quite pity that there's no such a nice tool to help me in some cases...
CapnScurvy has plans for an OTC mod for FotRSU. Would that work for you, or do you just want those in the current view?

Old 12-07-17, 02:54 PM   #5529
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
CapnScurvy has plans for an OTC mod for FotRSU. Would that work for you, or do you just want those in the current view?
Oh that will be great enough!

Last edited by yyzBegonia; 12-07-17 at 06:26 PM.
yyzBegonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 07:11 PM   #5530
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
radar

Hi with the latest Version where is the best place to encounter the Yamato. Haven’t seen it in Years.
Old 12-07-17, 07:34 PM   #5531
propbeanie

It is not "scheduled" in the current version of FotRSU, but does show occasionally as a Random, but very rarely. Your wish was our command, so in the next version, if you feel lucky, you can try to sneak into Truk Atoll and get it on certain dates. Good luck getting back out, though. As a reminder, in FotRSU, there are minefields and there are subnets around a lot of Japanese naval base installations - actually, in a lot of places. The later in the war you go, the thicker they get... just a heads-up. If I get the time, I'll try to do a couple of Lurker-styled Yamato and Musashi group travelings for the release after this next one... We do ~not~ plan on doing much of that kind of stuff though...

Old 12-07-17, 08:49 PM   #5532
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
radar

Great thank you!!!!!!
Old 12-08-17, 08:15 AM   #5533
darthpeace
Nub

Downloads: 50

Hooly mooly, i am so hyped. I cant wait until i deliver my thesis and pull up the anchor. Thank you everyone involved, and not involved, i luv ya all.
darthpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 06:41 PM   #5534
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpeace View Post
Hooly mooly, i am so hyped. I cant wait until i deliver my thesis and pull up the anchor. Thank you everyone involved, and not involved, i luv ya all.

We're happy you're enjoying FOTRS, darthpeace.

BTW, nice to have you here with us at Subsim.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 12:13 PM   #5535
NitramS
Nub

Downloads: 1

Absolutely loving it. One issue I saw mentioned a lot, and I had as well, was that I couldn't fire torpedoes, so to help anyone who reads this later with the same issue; PRESS Q TO OPEN THE TORPEDO TUBE, THEN FIRE.

Great mod, and I look forward to any future updates!
NitramS is offline   Reply With Quote