SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-13, 06:17 AM   #16
Baloogan
Loader

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Episode 7 Uploaded!

Welcome back to Baloogan Campaign! Episode 7 focuses on creating and importing custom overlays for Command as well as what a Carrier Battle Group in 2025 might look like!
I work on Custom Overlays for RAF Fairford! I overlay an overlay on top of an overlay, it gets confusing from here on in!
I return to Operation Lightning Strike and discuss creating a custom overlay for Bin Laden's compound.
Air battles continue! A P-3 Orion is chased out to sea; a pair of F-22 Raptors are tasked to clear the P-3's six. They supercruise and fire BVR!
My F-22 Raptors reach the P-3 Orion and fire AMRAAM BVR down the axis of the detected bogey!

I start a new scenario with a 2025 USN CVBG vs Brazil Land Based Air. James Kirk commanding the DDG-1000 Zumwalt!

I compose the Brazilian land based air defense. I guess as to who Brazil would buy aircraft and weapons from. I decided on French aircraft and Russian SAM.

I look at the difference between Weapons and Mounts and Magazines; as well as bring in custom overlays for the Brazilian airbases.

I prepare the Brazilian Air Force to respond to any detected surface contact with a Exocet Strike.

I set up Brazil's defenses; they will respond automatically to any air contacts or surface contacts. Air contacts will get all the currently airborne aircraft to converge on the contact and surface contacts will make the Exocet armed aircraft to sortie.

I take a look at all the cool sensors in a Modern American Carrier Battlegroup! Including Phased Array radars that can be electronically steered!

I discuss physical oceanography as it pertains to modern naval combat!

I spawn Minot AFB complete with a good chunk of our Nuclear Deterrent! I also create overlays for a random airbase in Africa and discuss how Command might be breaking the law!

I spawn a small land combat simulation, a company of T-72s vs a platoon of Abrams! Also I track a ballistic missile as it flies into Canada!

I fire AMRAAMs from my F-35s at the hostile bogies! I discuss dataurls and how they are modeled in Command.

I end off Episode 7 with a Tomahawk strike on Brazilian ammo bunker installations! And the difference between the Blk III and Blk IV Tomahawk. Hint: The Blk IV Tactical Tomahawk is worth the extra $$$ .
Baloogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 08:03 PM   #17
Baloogan
Loader

Hey Everyone!

This week's live stream will be focusing on the Cold War Database and 1950s strategic nuclear combat! We are going to go toe-to-toe with the rooskies!

Please join us this Saturday, 5:00PM PDT and help us explore WWIII in the 1950s!

I will be playing the newest beta Build 454!

BalooganCampaign.com

List of previous episodes.

Saturday, 5:00 PM PDT in your time zone
Old 11-02-13, 06:45 PM   #18
Baloogan
Loader

Episode 8 is currently live! We will be focusing on the Cold War Database and 1950s strategic nuclear combat!

Stream: http://baloogancampaign.com
Old 11-08-13, 09:11 AM   #19
Baloogan
Loader

I've created a PBEM multiplayer plugin for Command I call Joint Command; its still in a closed beta stage but I wouldn't mind a few more beta testers to find bugs and problems before a general release.

Also there will be no Baloogan Campaign show tomorrow, I'll be spending the weekend with family.
Old 11-13-13, 07:25 AM   #20
Baloogan
Loader

I’d like to arrange a public test of my multiplayer plugin for this Saturday! I’ve created a plugin for Command called Joint Command. It is turn-based, and has a real PBEM (Play by email) feel to it; though Joint Command takes care of sending the required files around.

I will be accepting all beta applications during and before the stream. Please email me at baloogan@baloogan.com, or comment on my site with your email to apply in advance, but also feel free to request beta access during the stream!

I will play with you in your own scenario of your own creation, or in any scenario you would like! I’ll be playing my turns on the live during the stream! 1v1, 2vAI, 2v2, 2v1 what ever setup you might like can happen!

Please limit your scenarios’ side, 500 unit maximum. My poor computer can’t take live streaming, running Command multiplayer turns, creating Google Earth databases, and huge Command scenarios all at once!

Also if anyone wants to play versus each other in the chat at the same time as the stream please feel free! I will be commenting on the Google Earth output as your scenarios progress on the stream! Please have Command build 460 and Google Earth installed before the stream.

Joint Command is still in beta; there have been some very successful matches so far but the purpose of this test is to overload Joint Command so I can see where it fails when it's overloaded with games and players.

So please join us this Saturday November 16th, 5:00 PM PST and let's destroy things together!!
Old 11-16-13, 07:38 PM   #21
Baloogan
Loader

Stream is up [] Focusing on Command Multiplayer!
http://baloogancampaign.com
http://twitch.tv/baloogancampaign

Joint Command BETA download link: http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaig...cher_Setup.exe
(Also available as a zip http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaig...cher_Setup.zip)
Old 11-17-13, 12:48 AM   #22
Baloogan
Loader

Cheers! Great stream

I was terrified before the stream that JC wasn't going to perform as well as she did.

I've also moved from a closed beta to an open beta, please join us at https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan to arrange for some multiplayer fun. : )

Joint Command BETA download link: http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaig...cher_Setup.exe

(Also available as a zip http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaig...cher_Setup.zip)
Old 11-21-13, 10:05 PM   #23
Baloogan
Loader

Date/Time: 19 January, 1976 / 23:00:00 Zulu (November 23rd 2013, 5:00 PM PST)

Introduction

In 1972 the Soviet Union signed an agreement with Somalia to improve and modernize the port of Berbera in return for Soviet access to the facility. Access to Berbera gave the Soviet Union the ability to counter United States military activities in the strategically important Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf region. The port was built into a Soviet naval base with missile storage facilities for the Soviet Fleet, an airfield with runways capable of handling naval bombers, and extensive radar and communications facilities. Berbera became even more important after Egypt expelled all Soviet advisers that same year.

Six hours ago an EKA-3B from USS Oriskany crashed in northern Somalia, the EKA-3B Raven 21 was on a Ferret mission to the Soviet bases at Berbera in Somalia. Last comms report from the Raven 21 was “SAM lock-on activating counter-measures”.

The USS Tarawa Amphibious Group en-route from Aden has deployed a recovery team to the “Down Bird” site, and the USS Oriskany Strike Group is moving at flank speed to provide support. Somalia has told the United States that any further encroachments into her air space with be met by hostile force. At present Somali and Soviet forces are trying to locate the crash site to recover the crew and any intelligence information.

Mission

1. Effect safe rescue of downed bird crew (CSAR helos will be airborne in 3 hrs).

2. CSAR helos are to be given full protection whilst on the ground and in the air.

3. Any hostile intent from Soviet and Somali forces will be met with similar force.

4. Any loss of CSAR helo’s will result in a “Mission Failure”.

Command & Signal

Command: USS Oriskany

Signal: EMCON State B, limited emissions: Plan Falcon

Current Joint Command matches state:

We finished out the first couple of matches last week! Joint Command is also much faster now than it was during Episode 9.

Stream will be at the usual time, Saturday at 5:00 PM PST!
Old 11-23-13, 07:46 PM   #24
Baloogan
Loader

Episode 10 streaming at http://baloogancampaign.com
Old 11-28-13, 07:26 AM   #25
Baloogan
Loader

Desert Storm was the most meticulously planned and decisive air campaigns to be carried out in human history to date. War planners were given a massive arsenal designed to fight Warsaw Pact forces in Europe to systematically incapacitate and defeat one of the larger and more battle experienced armies in the world at the time. Target lists were large and complex and challenged planners to match the right platforms and weapons to the right targets while still moving the war forward with minimal loss.

This week I'll be playing Shamal, a scenario which comes with Command designed to simulate the air war on the 4th day of Desert Storm! I'll be commanding the USAF forces, operating in tandem with USN forces! We will be neutralizing a number of airfields and chemical weapons manufacturing plants.

Please join us on Saturday Nov 30th, 5:00 PM PST! : )

Also if you have any questions about Joint Command, the Multiplayer Plugin for Command, I'll be fielding them during the show.
Old 11-30-13, 07:36 PM   #26
Baloogan
Loader

Stream is up live! http://baloogancampaign.com I'll be focusing on the air war during Desert Storm!
Old 12-04-13, 10:40 AM   #27
Baloogan
Loader

Hi everyone! For my next stream I’m going to stream much earlier! Specifically 11:00 AM PST on Saturday! Please refer to the table urled here for the time in your time zone!

I’ll be playing Canary’s Cage! A scenario set in 2005 where some terrorists have taken control of the Moroccan government and they took some spanish islands! We gotta get the islands back for Spain! We will be encountering and destroying surface, subsurface and air contacts!

Also I have a special surprise which will be revealed during the stream; plus I will be discussing additional plans for a Command MBX-style campaign!
Old 12-07-13, 01:40 PM   #28
Baloogan
Loader

Stream is live right now! Early stream today!

I'll be playing a community submitted scenario called Canary's Cage! Basically terrorists take North Africa and only Spain stands between terrorists and their goals!

Please join us at http://baloogancampaign.com !

Special guest Dimitris of Warfare Sims aka Sunburn will be joining us on the chat!
Old 12-11-13, 05:56 AM   #29
Baloogan
Loader

Geoscape

Hey all! Just wanted to make a formal announcement of my next plugin: “Geoscape“!

Geoscape is a multiplayer dynamic campaign for Command. Geoscape will take commands from players and determine when combat needs to be resolved. It then generates Joint Command matches for each theater and then Joint Command in turn generates Command scenarios!

Geoscape is about persistence, units will exist before multiplayer matches and will exist (potentially damaged!) after multiplayer matches. Logistics will also be tracked, weapons will need to be shipped or flown around.

If you would like to help beta test Geoscape please sign up by chatting with us here: https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan or emailing me at baloogan@baloogan.com !

Old 12-12-13, 11:33 PM   #30
Baloogan
Loader

This Saturday on the Baloogan Campaign!

Trafalgar: The Rematch! Set in 2017!

Starring Napoleon as the french petite-admiral, along with De Gaulle in person and in carrier!

In the other corner we have Lord Nelson along with the original British bulldog, Winston Churchill!

Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers and F-35s!

I'll be creating this scenarios live during the stream from pre-researched theoretical Orders of Battle for the Spanish Armada, French Forces and the pride of the Royal Navy!

England expects that every man will do his D U T Y!

I will also be showing off Geoscape in its very earliest form. In addition a new Command Wiki has been created at http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com so please start creating wiki pages! Everyone can edit!

So please join us at the new stream time at 11:00 AM PST on Saturday! 11:00 AM PST in YOUR time zone