SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-10, 07:23 PM   #1
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3
Default [REL] Periscope Rework BETA

Ok New Version Available 3/20/10
This is Version 1.0

-New Periscope Eyepiece
- Reworked View
- Added Graticule Numbers

Distance is gathered using This formula..
Mast Height X 100 / Graticule marks
If mast lines up inside a mark use decimal for instance if it is at 3 1/2 marks you would use 3.5 (this was asked a few times in PM)

As before I have 2 versions one for stock UI, and one for use with UI Mods. Just copy the one you want to your mods folder and install with JSGME.

Download File here

Last edited by emtguf; 03-20-10 at 03:58 PM.
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 07:32 PM   #2
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Thanks emtguf, I've been looking for the scope marking but, haven't found them yet, I have a feeling there in the editor on one of the pages.
There are a lot of the pages with there x any y values set outside of the standard x=0 y=768 eg x=1024 y =768 so you cannot see them on screen in the editor.
The way around this that I've been using is to change the Anchor page to null and then Change the x and y value to 0, 768.
Hope this makes sense, Theres a lot of pages in there with allot of redundant stuff.

Are the Heights working out ok at 1x and 4x compared to the mast heights now with with this release.
Thanks will download and try it out, will update if I come across these markings.
Thanks.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 08:20 PM   #3
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

If I remember correctly (good chance I'm not) then the stock reticule is not a picture but a shader or other array of vector graphical information. This allows the best scalability with resolution.

I did notice that the stock SH5 has different reticules for low-power and high-power zooms, which isn't right. I know the UZO just had a vertical centerline on some binoculars. Obs periscope had a lesser amount of markings than the attack.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 08:20 PM   #4
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Yes the heights are working out. I have the zoom at 1.5 and 6 now. Also adjusted the anggle data as well. Guess ill load up the editor and look around.
Old 03-19-10, 11:43 PM   #5
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Just a though and a bit OT but has anyone though about using a background color other than stark black, say an ebony?

I think that would help the dials blend in and not stand out so much, as it is now they seem to be floating in space not fixed to something.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 01:20 PM   #6
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

So it has been out for about a day now. Any comments to it's function?
I am working now on making the Graticule better looking, and should have an update for that later today. Want to make sure people are getting accurate distances though before I totally set in stone the marks location.

Thanks all
Old 03-20-10, 03:30 PM   #7
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Edited
Old 03-21-10, 09:58 AM   #8
spang
Nub

Downloads: 28

brilliant, go and test it later on tonight...
spang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 10:14 AM   #9
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic452 View Post
Just a though and a bit OT but has anyone though about using a background color other than stark black, say an ebony?

I think that would help the dials blend in and not stand out so much, as it is now they seem to be floating in space not fixed to something.

Magic
Yes, I'm currently working on one in that line. Will make it to work with this Mod if the measurment are working out ok.
If so then will update my Recognition mod in conjunction with the Graticule from this Mod to show the points to measure with stadimeter.
If thats ok with you emtguf.
Old 03-21-10, 10:17 AM   #10
VirtualVikingX
Captain

Downloads: 40

Looks great! I will sure test it soon!
VirtualVikingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 12:05 PM   #11
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Yes, I'm currently working on one in that line. Will make it to work with this Mod if the measurment are working out ok.
If so then will update my Recognition mod in conjunction with the Graticule from this Mod to show the points to measure with stadimeter.
If thats ok with you emtguf.
Yeah that works.
I actually worked on a texture but there are several in the menu editor that would have to be changed as well. Believe they are the blackmasks that extend out further than your scope.
I had drawn out a metal looking background on the one I just released but removed it till I can have more time to mess with the menu editor. Wish I could find the standard UBI marks on the screen to get rid of them as well.

Last edited by emtguf; 03-21-10 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 02:46 PM   #12
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtguf View Post
Yeah that works.
I actually worked on a texture but there are several in the menu editor that would have to be changed as well. Believe they are the blackmasks that extend out further than your scope.
I had drawn out a metal looking background on the one I just released but removed it till I can have more time to mess with the menu editor. Wish I could find the standard UBI marks on the screen to get rid of them as well.
Yes have been playing around with them for a bit now, but cannot find the ingame graticule marking anywhere - they must be hardcoded into the game. As you can see the stock ones change to green at night. So its a bit of a pain them showing up together.

Night:

Day:
Old 03-21-10, 03:46 PM   #13
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Like the metal background you have above. Have to say though I like my eyepiece better haha.

If you want I can give you the psd (if your using photoshop) to add your metal background to.
Will still have black sides though unless you are planning on changing the blackmasks they have currently ingame.
Old 03-21-10, 04:31 PM   #14
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtguf View Post
Like the metal background you have above. Have to say though I like my eyepiece better haha.

If you want I can give you the psd (if your using photoshop) to add your metal background to.
Will still have black sides though unless you are planning on changing the blackmasks they have currently ingame.
Sure I'll have alook at them, not sure yet if I'm going to change the black masks yet as it may give the impression that the scope in not rotating 360 degrees (It'll look fixed against the background).
I may keep them as I plan on having slid out panels to match the scope with all the dial on them.
That is if I can figure out the Editor and some scripting to get it working. Have not had much luck yet.
Everyting either crashes or shows up like the defaults.
Could really do with tutorials on stuff to do with editor and scripting.
Old 03-21-10, 04:41 PM   #15
rsvette12
Lieutenant

Downloads: 132

Looking great, thank you.

Rich
rsvette12 is offline   Reply With Quote