SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-19, 10:01 PM   #1
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Support Initating Damage Repair

I have a full crew for damage control. They are set to repair, yet many system are not getting repaired at all.

I read somewhere you have to be at battle stations but is that correct?

I know without battlestations, if I set the repair crew on,, and have a man on the gun it gets repaired. But what about bulkhead, compresor etc.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 10:04 PM   #2
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75

Disregard. I saved and restarted and it started to work. Weird.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 09:06 PM   #3
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

The simulation is like that. You can move the priority of systems to get repaired by the repair team. Scroll to the system you want, highlight it, and hit the up or down arrows along side. The repair team will work on the first system, then go to the next, etc. The assigned crew to a compartment will repair whatever is in the compartment.
Old 11-13-19, 11:28 AM   #4
blubalou
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Default No damage repair - legit issue

I was about to create a new post asking why I suddenly seemed to have no damage repair, but searched and found this post. So instead I am "bumping" the thread to say that I believe there is a legitimate issue (bug) where damage repair will just stop working.

I took a hit, received 18 hull damage and some flooding, and also had about a half-dozen other systems (batteries, tubes, bulkhead) receive minor damage. I'm aware that hull damage is not repairable underway, but am used to the other items getting repaired in short order, especially when the damage is minor. In this case, the damage was not decreasing for anything. And no amount of re-shuffling priorities nor creating a Damage Control team and putting them to work would make a difference.

However, the solution or work-around seems to be saving and restarting the game (as the OP here describes.)

I am presently running TWOwTW and RSRD. I recall seeing this happen once before, but was at that time still playing single missions and learning, and just assumed it was something I was doing wrong.

Anyway, hope this helps the next person that might encounter this bug as it helped me!
blubalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 01:07 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I don't know if this applies in your case, but one of the most impactful pastimes us humans do on a computer is to shell-out to the desktop to look something up, and then go back to the game. Today's Windows might release the resources the game is using when that happens, or move them. Silent Hunter 4 does not deal with that very well, and will introduce quite a few anomalies when it happens. Also, each of the repairs that your submarine needs done (if they are repairable by the crew) have a set time frame for the device, and the amount of damage done to it. Say something takes an hour to repair, and you leave the game after 45 minutes of repair to that system, when you next re-enter the game, that "clock" for a one hour repair has re-set to zero. Of course, if the repairs seem to have "frozen", Saving, exiting and re-entering the Saved game are necessary to un-stick the clock, so it is difficult to determine where the fault lies at times like that, and then there are the times that the computer system has run out of resources for the game, and the repair team seems to be at the bottom of the food chain... then again, as fireftr18 says "The simulation is like that."...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote