SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-14-20, 05:38 PM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Another big missing in Silent Hunter

How to avoid torpedoing a neutral ship by mistake? That is something that has happened many times during the war, but in missions we would have to try to avoid it. Three Argentine merchant ships were torpedoed by German submarines, during the Second World War. Like other neutral nations, our ships began to have the national flag, the name of the ship and its home port painted on the sides of the hull. I haven't seen anything like it in SH3, unless it exists in a mod that I don't have. If not, could this question be modified in any way? I suppose that would force to increase the merchant fleet with many more variants, separating belligerents from neutrals, and perhaps complicate the game. But it is a real aspect that would be very timely to incorporate into virtual submarines.
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 06:19 PM   #2
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

This is probably what you're after:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=170741
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 02:13 AM   #3
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Hello Stork 100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork100 View Post
This is probably what you're after:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=170741

This is exactly what I was looking for, excellent work the author did! Unfortunately I downloaded MFM3.3 and installed it but it doesn't work, the game closes. I have GWX 3.0 Gold installed. It's a shame really!

Last edited by jorgegonzalito; 10-15-20 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-15-20, 11:00 PM   #4
stork100
Weps

Are you running the 4GB patch? Very necessary for these kinds of mods. If not then I recommend using the h.sie patch kit which has it included, plus tons of other great stuff:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=174225
Old 10-16-20, 02:11 PM   #5
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Thank you very much Stork 100!

Quote:
Are you running the 4GB patch? Very necessary for these kinds of mods. If not then I recommend using the h.sie patch kit which has it included, plus tons of other great stuff:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=174225

I was not aware of the 4GB patch, I downloaded it, installed it and now MFM3.2 works fine. At least the ships with the new textures, and the flags painted on their hulls appear in the Museum. But I don't see them appear in the allied convoys, in the simple missions of GWX.3 Gold, I don't know if they have to be programmed, or does SH3 assign them randomly?
Old 10-16-20, 07:12 PM   #6
stork100
Weps

You're welcome. I had a look at some GWX single missions and didn't see any there either, so I assume that the ships in those are all scripted. But you should find them randomly in the campaign. Alternatively you could use the mission editor utility.
Old 10-16-20, 07:27 PM   #7
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Good idea Stork 100!

Quote:
You're welcome. I had a look at some GWX single missions and didn't see any there either, so I assume that the ships in those are all scripted. But you should find them randomly in the campaign. Alternatively you could use the mission editor utility.

I also did not find any of the boats with new liveries on their hulls. It would not be strange if it were necessary to use the mission editor you mention, to change them for some of the original SH3. From my questions it can sometimes seem that I am questioning the game a lot, but I just try to be a kind of "devil's advocate", raising my doubts and reading the advice of the most experienced. You have no idea how much I am learning every day! Greetings friend!