SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-20, 11:24 PM   #16
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Thanks gents (and thanks Polak),

Yes, I've been working on ironing out a few bugs for the last couple of days now (plus getting plumbing fixed, seeing relatives, etc.).

The naval gunfire training mission is basically done - just trying to squash one 'ctd' bug.

Quote:
Im sure this scenario never will be release in "final" version because Stewy havent main concept/vision of this mission. Asking surf or sub reveals this sad truth.

Cheers,
Stew
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 03:01 AM   #17
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy1 View Post
The naval gunfire training mission is basically done
Are you sure during real Urgent Fury USN made naval gunfire excercises?
Waht is point to make long training mission in real operation background?

Im sure gunfire training is NOT what everyone expected from:
Quote:
planning a mission, where you leave San Juan, Puerto Rico, to operate alone in the Caribbean, in the week before the invasion (and leave Grenadian waters when the Independence and Guam Task Groups arrive
Quote:
Would there be an interest in a longer mission like this,
You just another one proved my words - you announces "epic" scenario but you focus on not important details/events.
Old 07-08-20, 02:08 AM   #18
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Sorry for the slight delay (was out of town for 3 days visiting relatives).

My NGFS Training Mission is now up on the downloads section - https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5625

Included is a fully detailed map of the Lesser Antilles, scheduled ship's bells, boatswain's calls and plan of the day, detailed NGFS serials, ASW serial and helo vertrep.

Readme:
Quote:
Here is a mission where you undertake two naval gunfire serials (and an added ASW serial) at the Vieques Naval Training Range.

It's Tuesday 18 October, 1983. Ronald Reagan is president, James Bond - 'Never Say Never Again' is the top of the box-office and 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is #1 in the charts.

You're the Captain of the USS Underwood (FFG-36) and you've just completed the five-day NSFS Rehearsal (AMW-1-SF) course, conducted by Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic (EWTGLANT) at Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, Puerto Rico.

FIREX I (AMW-2-SF) exercises all naval gunfire missions with live fire at an NSFS range. Upon successful completion of this exercise, the ship is qualified as M-1 in Amphibious Warfare (AMW) for a year.

Put to sea from San Juan Harbor and follow the Puerto Rican coast to the east. Orders to follow.

Feedback welcome via the Subsim Forums.

P.S. - This mission was to be part of a longer mission involving the week before the U.S. invasion of Grenada. I've left in the daily intelligence briefs (and Grenada landmarks) for this time-period, in case you'd like to build in more of the mission or for your own interest.
Hopefully it's a bit of fun
Stew
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 03:58 AM   #19
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
That is very interesting take and replay. Thanks.

Sidenote: I know that you are very outspoken and your critiques are well founded in merits of the subject and your own experience. Just let us try to avoid open name-calling because that unfortunately sounds very harsh to the point of sounding even rude sometimes. I know you have a valid points and those familygrams perhaps have been little over the edge if not silly. Let us concentrate on the real merits and core of the subject how to make good mission using all DW can offer.

I will try to come with some ideas for the mission examples tomorrow.

PS. we should also establish separate thread and vacate Stewy1 Granada mission thread.
Wise words I hope all will adhere to.

Let us all try to get on with each other and if anyone has difficulty in doing so they always have the option to ignore.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 08:32 AM   #20
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Let us all try to get on with each other and if anyone has difficulty in doing so they always have the option to ignore.
I suggest you to use this option if you have problem with understanding simplest things.
Old 07-08-20, 10:21 AM   #21
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
I suggest you to use this option if you have problem with understanding simplest things.
I'll try to enlighten you in as light and as politely a way as I can....

As the senior moderator on this forum it is one of Neals expectations of me that I keep things on as even a keel as possible.

When matters are brought to my attention as is the case regarding this thread, I attempt to calm the waters in as light a fashion as possible.

There are other more harsher means at my disposal but I sincerely hope this post will suffice so I'll end this post now by thanking you in anticipation of your understanding and co-operation.

It is really that simple.

Old 07-08-20, 10:51 AM   #22
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

I suggest you to follow your advise about "ignore option" if you still don't understand. All what i wrote before is pure truth and all knows its about @stewy1 mission designing style. I could use "someone" word but it would be rally dumb when all knows it wos about Stewy1. Maybe you like to make circus on forum but i don't. So if its problem to you, just follow your advise and turn on "ignore" option.

If you think i broke any rules, just show which one insteas makind misterious suggestions. Do you understand now? You should because your funcion "senior moderator" needs some intelligence - so im sure now you understood.

-----------------------
About mission.
I've launched this scenario and in my opinion its very boring with tons of text for readind and no fun. Training scenario do not allows you to little autonomous actions. You should follow path designed by mission creator. So you can forgot about "unconventional tactics, brave actions and "thinking". All you have to do is follow orders.

This is training missions are very boring. In battle, you have lots of tactics. For example you can go very fast to take good attack positions. Or delay engaging and track targets for looking best opportunity to actions.
In Land gun fire training all you can do its going towards training destination point and use your gun to fulfill very enigmatic and long briefing.

This mission is made for admiring dozens of messages and scripts but without any authonomy for player. Commander havent chances to prove his tactic skill.
Old 07-08-20, 11:07 AM   #23
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
I suggest you to follow your advise about "ignore option" if you still don't understand. All what i wrote before is pure truth and all knows its about @stewy1 mission designing style. I could use "someone" word but it would be rally dumb when all knows it wos about Stewy1. Maybe you like to make circus on forum but i don't. So if its problem to you, just follow your advise and turn on "ignore" option.

If you think i broke any rules, just show which one insteas makind misterious suggestions. Do you understand now? You should because your funcion "senior moderator" needs some intelligence - so im sure now you understood.

-----------------------
About mission.
I've launched this scenario and in my opinion its very boring with tons of text for readind and no fun. Training scenario do not allows you to little autonomous actions. You should follow path designed by mission creator. So you can forgot about "unconventional tactics, brave actions and "thinking". All you have to do is follow orders.

This is training missions are very boring. In battle, you have lots of tactics. For example you can go very fast to take good attack positions. Or delay engaging and track targets for looking best opportunity to actions.
In Land gun fire training all you can do its going towards training destination point and use your gun to fulfill very enigmatic and long briefing.

This mission is made for admiring dozens of messages and scripts but without any authonomy for player. Commander havent chances to prove his tactic skill.
I'd suggest you read the rules and in particular the section "Bans, Brig time, user infractions, and multiple or duplicate accounts"

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...vb_faq#faq_ban

Old 07-08-20, 11:16 AM   #24
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Subsim does not want to inhibit your discussions in any way as long as you respect the rules.
I respect rules, if you have different opinion please show me details.
Old 07-08-20, 11:33 PM   #25
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

What we are asking for is your cooperation. We try to keep a friendly atmosphere here. If something about the Grenada Mission has upset you, say your piece and then let it go.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 11:44 AM   #26
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Why you think im not cooperate or something upset me?
I think your intervention is because something upset you - not me.

@imbuna by his action did something opposite to rule below:
Quote:
Subsim does not want to inhibit your discussions in any way as long as you respect the rules.
Why you think calling someone by nickname is wrong? Can you explain it to me?
I understand my opinion about mission design style isn't nice for @Stewy1. But its my honest opinion, backed by arguments. And forum is for discussion so i don't understand why you wanna cut discussion. Why you suggest discussion is wrong?

@Jimbuna reminded anybody can ignore thread, post or someone. It was rude from his side because it was suggestion agains me. But i know @stewy1 isn't child and he can accept different point of view. Btw I helped him many times before and i haven't problems with it in future. So maybe @Jimbuna should read again rule above because what he did it in opposite to this rule.