SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-19, 11:54 AM   #1
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default You Know it's a Good Party When....

In 2003 Moira and I went to the wedding party of one of her workmates. When we arrived the woman grabbed her new husband's hand and said "This is my new husband (name)". He didn't look too well to me and suddenly he pitched forward and crashed onto the coffee table in front of us in a drunken nosedive.

As we stood open-mouthed, two chaps grabbed either end of the table and swept him away to the bedroom. We never saw him again... shortly after that the marriage ended

What's the best/worst thing you ever saw/did at a party?
Old 08-23-19, 06:14 PM   #2
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I went to a party one time with a woman I was dating at the home of another woman we both went to high school with some years before. Her younger sister tagged along and was drinking a bit.

When the host ( our friend from high school ) greeted us, the younger sister spoke up and said, great party. Should you be drinking in your condition ? The younger sister further asked, " when is your baby due ? "

Our host replied, " I'm not pregnant and why would you think that I am ? "

The younger sister never went with us again and I still chuckle when I think of the mortified looks of everyone involved except of course the younger sister who thought she said nothing wrong.
Commander Wallace is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 06:32 PM   #3
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

We had a "team bonding" type work party some years ago. Our boss organised the food. "Everyone loves Chinese food" he said.

Turned out he was the only one that did, and all the food was wasted.

We said "screw this" and went to the pub.
Old 08-24-19, 03:15 AM   #4
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

A few friends and I decided to get together for a bring-a-whiskey taste night. Of course these other blokes also turned up with no bottles, aiming for free drinks instead. Well, one of these had a pint of dram too many and fell asleep. A tough black metal fellow clad in a black metal outfit. We found a communist book and a bunch of dried flowers and a roll of gaffer tape. Book and flower taped to his hands and both hands taped to his legs. Then we went on with the tasting. When he eventually woke up... a confused, terrified, raging and struggling metal dude was well worth the spent whiskey and he stopped coming for other whiskey nights.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 04:12 AM   #5
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

One example of many:

Not a party, really, but a "concert". I put it in quotes because it was a heavy metal show. Don't remember the band but I do remember it was a good show. At a venue on the water; warehouse type place. Smelled of sweat and alcohol. It was a relatively small place and you were very near the band no matter where you were. There was an area sectioned off by two by twos and chicken wire, stage left, known as "the beer garden". You had to be 21 to enter, and so I recently was. It was a good place to be because there were tables and chairs and it was much less crowded than the main area. You could get a bite to eat (I think pizza was all that was on offer) and a beer and enjoy the show just as close to the stage as anywhere else.

So, there I am. Young, drunk and rocking out. With a fresh beer in a plastic cup in my hand. All of a sudden, an overly enthusiastic fan comes running through the place right at me. He runs into me, knocking the cup out of my hand. As it flies through the air spilling its contents in a steady, singular stream of cheap, tasteless, overpriced brew into the air, I am mortified. I had just spent six times what this crappy drink was actually worth for the privilege to drink it at this show. But then ... a miracle happened.

As if in slow motion, the cup lands on the concrete floor upright. And that singular stream of beer - still in the air and as if by magic - pours itself right back into the clear, ribbed plastic cup I had so recently been holding. I dare say only a sip had been spilled onto that filthy, sweat drenched concrete floor. There before me sat a perfectly drinkable, albeit overly foamy, overpriced terrible beer!

I scooped it up forthwith. A quick glance around revealed that only one other reveler had witnessed the entire gobsmacking event. I nodded and raised my cup and was greeted with a similar nod an approving smile. I was relieved that I had not hallucinated the entire thing. One satisfying gulp later, I was back to enjoying the cacophony of screeching guitars and thumping bass drums emanating from the stage ... content that God himself had ordained that this awful, overpriced beer must meet my gullet.

It has been a dream of mine to find the fellow that witnessed this unbelievable chain of events. If only to laugh and revel in my unbelievable luck that night - over an equally overpriced and tasteless beer.
Old 08-24-19, 05:40 AM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

An ex-colleague organised a party one night for our entire shift (12 male and 2 female police officers. Girlfriends/wives/partners were also invited.

Early in the evening my ex-colleague informed me he had installed a camera in the apartments single bedroom that was motion activated so anyone feeling a little frisky and sneaking off for a bit of the other would hopefully be a great source of entertainment later on in the evening.

The time came and my ex-colleague announced to everyone what he had done and added the fact that the camera had in fact been triggered.

Upon viewing it turned out the guilty culprit was non other than our hosts girlfriend and one of the female officers.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 06:56 AM   #7
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenwurst View Post
We had a "team bonding" type work party some years ago.
We said "screw this" and went to the pub.
Rock on.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 07:56 AM   #8
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Another time, towards the end of my working life, I had a 2nd job at nighttime working for advertising agencies producing tv ads. It was a great job, one big endless party with creative FUN people.

One night we were working on muesli bar ads, the drinks were flowing and the food was plentiful , anyway the ceiling fell down knocking over food and booze. For about a minute we were all stunned, no one was hurt, spontaneous laughter, and back to work. Good times.
Old 08-25-19, 10:38 PM   #9
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I was in a space, hanging in place, perfectly calm, and looking out at what appeared to be two glowing, information-rich counter-rotating cones. I was in the middle of them but I was also off to the side: I could see all of it but felt like I was part of it. Both extended upwards and downwards as far as I could see and I was in the middle of them. The rotated around me, geometric yet organic, glowing and...I guess there’s no other way to describe it...happy. There was nothing scary about it: I was seeing the gears of the Universe turning and everything was OK. I hung there for a while as if I was weightless and then something told me (an instinct, really...not a “message” outside of myself) that it was time to return. I drew back in my vision, the cones receded, and I opened my eyes.

we n' de ya baby

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-25-19 at 10:54 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 04:10 PM   #10
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I was in a space, hanging in place, perfectly calm, and looking out at what appeared to be two glowing, information-rich counter-rotating cones. I was in the middle of them but I was also off to the side: I could see all of it but felt like I was part of it. Both extended upwards and downwards as far as I could see and I was in the middle of them. The rotated around me, geometric yet organic, glowing and...I guess there’s no other way to describe it...happy. There was nothing scary about it: I was seeing the gears of the Universe turning and everything was OK. I hung there for a while as if I was weightless and then something told me (an instinct, really...not a “message” outside of myself) that it was time to return. I drew back in my vision, the cones receded, and I opened my eyes.

we n' de ya baby

<O>
Old 08-27-19, 12:21 AM   #11
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Hmmm. Many, many years ago, well last week, nah, anyway, I was playing drums at a private party where a pissed off girlfriend threw a drink at her boyfriend who was standing in front of my drums, and you guessed it, he ducked and I got the drink.

Later after the gig when packing up, there were these two guys having a puke fight in the driveway! Seriously, they were puking on towels and throwing it at each other! To this day I can't believe anybody could be drunk enough to puke and still be having fun!

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 03:04 PM   #12
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

In my partying days here in Hollywood, my group of friends had a philosophy that any night's end that didn't require bail or a doctor was a good night; however, many of us usually ended the night having to avoid open flames...

<O>