SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-20, 12:46 PM   #976
Captain Reyes
Bosun

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Very interesting mod, I got lost in chat discussion here but still tried to show of the beautiful subs of this mod:
Captain Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 11:13 PM   #977
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
You have to install opmonsun before the Jyunsen B mod. It wont work without it. Its in the download section.
Just out of curiosity, I have the files for the original Op. Monsun, as well as Fifi's version where they did improvements to the original now called ''Op. Monsun: Dark Waters... BUT... would want to know... can the Fifi version be used with this.. or does it call for only the original Op. Monsun.?

Would like to know, before I see of trying this out.

Would also be helpful to have a complete install read me or list of what all needs doing, beyond the notations I've seen thus far...

I admit, I may have missed all of what is needed to install to have it work properly... and am not put out to ask for clarity to make sure I know...

Thanks...

M. M.

Old 11-25-20, 11:22 AM   #978
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just out of curiosity, I have the files for the original Op. Monsun, as well as Fifi's version where they did improvements to the original now called ''Op. Monsun: Dark Waters... BUT... would want to know... can the Fifi version be used with this.. or does it call for only the original Op. Monsun.?

Would like to know, before I see of trying this out.

Would also be helpful to have a complete install read me or list of what all needs doing, beyond the notations I've seen thus far...

I admit, I may have missed all of what is needed to install to have it work properly... and am not put out to ask for clarity to make sure I know...

Thanks...

M. M.

DW fixed many OpM issues so i would suggest that you apply the IJN subs mod after DW and see what happens. be intrepidacious....do a little recon.....

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:52 AM   #979
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Default getrtring to be irritating.

oops was in wrong string

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 03:23 AM   #980
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Jyunsen mod..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
DW fixed many OpM issues so i would suggest that you apply the IJN subs mod after DW and see what happens. be intrepidacious....do a little recon.....

Ok... I did try it.. with both Fifi's DW v6 mod set & then with the original Op. Monsun... & could NOT get it to work with them, 100%.

The issue I ran into what with it, was both ways, I ended up with NO crew in the sub, & NOT enough left in the pool of crew to even try transferring or attaching them as being the subs crew.

I did... however, get it to work with SH4+UMB plain jane stock... & after a fashion, with FotRSU-EN... some cam.dat issues but it did run...

After that, I kept the stock SH4 set up & am running it.

This is a snap shot of My career start, as Hikaru Tanaka in charge of the I-30 Jyunsen B, based out of Signapore...

Got 10 tons of supplies to run to Bangkok, so... got to get to it...

Ban ziiiii....

M. M.

p.s.

Crew, in sub... still needs some work... do have to report, seeing quite a number of kriegsmariners onboard... I did see 1 or 2 that looked to be right orientation of oriental appearance, but too few... & yes, I do know it is a work, in progress... just mentioning it so that it can be looked into & corrected... other than that & I know... I know.. finding voice actors or sound clips that can round out the vocal files... is not easy... but that aside, grand work. A tip of the hat to the modder.

It is hoped that something can be worked out to be able to get sound to fit the overall aspect for the mod... keep up the effort....
Old 12-14-20, 03:38 PM   #981
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

None of the Japanese mods are compatible with DW nor OM, of course. Different rendering environment. Stock is all that keltos01 & peabody's work will function in. There also are no "Japanese" faces for a sub crew, no any Japanese uniforms. We also need some British uniforms for WDAD, btw... keltos01 did share some Japanese phraseology with me, so his and peabody's mod will have some of those in it, but the sound issue is sadly lacking for most things "Japanese" or "British". Attempts to rectify the situation have proven unproductive, in that there is so much that needs "fixing" in the "speech" arena, not forgetting the text areas of the game, as well as cultural differences. You need tea cups on the desks, and not coffee cups, Japanese posters, and not German, etc. Some of this will be addressed, but there are still large parts of the game that need work for a "Japanese" career, not the least of which is the actual operation of a Japanese submarine force, as opposed to a German or American. Completely different paradigm that involves Bushido and "sacrifice"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 10:39 AM   #982
Paolod
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Default Installation problems

Hello,

i installed in Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific via JSGME the Jyunsen B mod, but it doesn't work. The initial screen starts loading, but at about 2/3 it freezes.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

Thanks
Paolod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 10:51 AM   #983
propbeanie

There are certain pre-requisites involved in using any mod, no matter which. Number 1 being, what folder do you have SH4 installed in? You cannot be in a "Program Files" folder, even if you have Steam, and the path to the game is "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApp \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific". You Steam Library folder has to be something like "C:\Games \Steam..." or some-such. The same holds true for a Ubisoft or Amazon download version of the game, as well as the disk version. Second, after activating a mod, you almost always have to empty the game's "Save" folder, which by default is the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder, with "UserName" being whatever username you use to log-in to Windows with.

If you navigate into that folder, you'll find a "... data \cfg..." folder structure. Delete any of those folders, and that will clear the game's information, which it will then rebuild the next time you start the game, only this time, it will pull in the newly activated mod's information, and not what you had previously. This of course, does lose all of your game progress thus far, and will re-set all of your in-game options back to their default values, including the screen resolution. The use of MultiSH4 can help in this regard, but would be considered an "advanced" technique initially.

If you would, post back with the location of your game's installation folder, some computer specs, such as cpu & amount of RAM, and use JSGME "Tasks..." "Export activated mods list to --->" and "Clipboard", then paste that info in also...

btw: "Welcome to SubSim!!!"

Old 02-07-21, 07:36 AM   #984
Paolod
Swabbie

Thank you for Your quick replay.

I started with a new installation, consider that I have installed SH4 just for this mod

The steam Librery folder is D: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

I deleted the cfg folder in D: \ OneDrive \ Documents and as a result the upload bar went all the way but then the splash screen got stuck.

The processor is an Intel i7-7700K and the RAM is 16GB.

I have to install opmonsun before? I didn't find it in downloads.

This is the info in JSGME:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

IJN Jyunsen B mod v 3.9.9.9.9.3

Thank you for your help
Old 02-07-21, 11:37 AM   #985
propbeanie

No, no need to install OpMonsun for the IJN subs to work. There really isn't a whole lot to do in just that JyunsenB mod, and you might be interested in Cybermat47's mod Japanese Career, which works with keltos_01's subs. It is basically the German side of the game, with some files changed to reflect the IJN subs use. However, get the JyunsenB working first, since it is a pre-req for Cybermat47's mod.

Now, your install folder is good. As for your "Save" folder, what you have there is what MS Win10 is intercepting after Windows most recent set of updates, designed to force folks to use their One Drive, like Apple does to folks with their devices and the iCloud. But see if there isn't also data in a "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder. Several players recently have been reporting it empty though, and that Windows 10 is now exclusively using the %$#@*& idiotic One Drive... in which case, you delete a file from the hard drive, and Windows instinctively knows you really didn't want to do that, and restores what was there from the "cloud"... so check that One Drive folder again also... I have one computer doing that, and I still have not figured-out how to bend it to ~MY~ will, and not Billy Boy's...

Now, did the game run fine previously? Prior to attempting to install the JyunsenB mod? If you back the mod out, does regular SH4 function once again?

Old 02-07-21, 12:32 PM   #986
Paolod
Swabbie

I have not a "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder

Yes, the game run fine both at the beginning and when I back the mod out.

I have found that the game fails to start due to a series of error messages regarding missing a series of files. I mention a few in sequence:

black80.tga

CrewSystemsManagement.dds

paper.dds
Dials_us_metric.tga

hud.tga

For example I have the black50.tga file

Thanks
Old 02-07-21, 02:17 PM   #987
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolod View Post
I have not a "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder

Yes, the game run fine both at the beginning and when I back the mod out.

I have found that the game fails to start due to a series of error messages regarding missing a series of files. I mention a few in sequence:

black80.tga

CrewSystemsManagement.dds

paper.dds
Dials_us_metric.tga

hud.tga

For example I have the black50.tga file

Thanks
There is your problem... getting a black80.tga error coding, means that the version of SH4 your using is the v1.4 one.

You need to be running the SH4+UBM (SH4 with Uboat Missions version) which is v1.5 here for the mod to work as it should.

I do have this set up on My computer & it is working fine... & is v1.5, NOT the v1.4 version.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 02-08-21, 02:47 AM   #988
Paolod
Swabbie

Dear M. M.,

you are right. I have upgraded to SH4+UBM and everything seems to work.

Great mod!!!

Thanks a lot to you and propbeanie
Old 02-08-21, 03:08 AM   #989
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolod View Post
Dear M. M.,

you are right. I have upgraded to SH4+UBM and everything seems to work.

Great mod!!!

Thanks a lot to you and propbeanie

Glad you got it up & running...

Good hunting...

M. M.

Old 03-09-21, 01:58 AM   #990
Kaiser Wilhelm II
Nub

Downloads: 37

Howdy all,

having issues using this mod with FotRSU compatibility addon.

JSGME looks like this
FotRSU v1.39
IJN Jyunen B mod
Japanese Career FOTRSU compatible V.2

Any ideas as to why it doesn't work? Would really love to do a campaign with this and FotRSU if it's possible, if not I'll stick to just running it without FotRSU. Thanks in advance, captains.
Kaiser Wilhelm II is offline   Reply With Quote