Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-16-10, 01:45 PM   #1
liadou2001
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SFK1942 - Why the tank moves so slowly?

Now iI'm playing the tutorial mission for driver.

I feel my tank moves like a turtle... too slow.

No matter how i press and hold the "front arrow" key, the gear just maintains at level 1.

Now.. im stuck in the ditch...

anyone know how to let the tank run faster? (Do i have to hold the front arrow key all the time? i do use the "N" to fix the gas to the maximum, but seems it doesn't change gear automatically...)

Old 03-16-10, 02:57 PM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

sounds like you are in Manual Transmission Mode. if you want to go about shifting through all the gears, it's keys A and Z if memory serves me right. otherwise I think Manual transmission is a difficulty selection in the Options menu
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 01:40 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Mathilda Tank

Liadou, the tank used for the driving tutorial is the Mathilda tank.The British designed it as an infantry support tank.Therefore it is a lumbering vehicle and its speed is built-in the game based on historical data.Even in automatic drive it doesn't drive very fast.I have no clue why did Graviteam decide to use it as the tank of choice for the driving and firing tutorials rather than the T34....

By comparison, try driving the T34/76 in the first Soviet South campaign mission(Taranovka I think it is) and you'll see the difference. the T34 was very agile and fast.Likewise, the Panzer IVF2 on the German side is faster.

Anyway once you install all the numerous add-ons and mods whcih allow you to drive and fight in tanks like the KV1 and 2,the Mark III, the T34/85, the JS2/122, T26, T38, BT5 and 10 etc and the Panzer IVF1, Panzer III, the Panzer II, the Panzer jeager I, the Stug III, Tiger I and II, Hetzer, and Skfdz 251, 232 you'll see the difference in speed between the various vehicles.

A warning. once you get to the firing tutorial at one point your tank will not have shells loaded until you reach a certain point in the tutorial. Dont' take that as a bug but rather as an intended feature in the game( may be to teach fire discipline?).
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote