SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-20, 02:14 PM   #1
taktik
Swabbie

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default Mod help!

Ahoy and thanks in advance!

Up until 8 or 9 months ago, I was able to run SH4 through Steam, using JSGME to run TMO2.5 absolutely beautifully with no problems whatsoever. Uninstalled the game (Boo, hiss, I know) and tried to come back to it last week.

Installed SH4 in Steam again, unzipped JSGME and moved its files into Steamapps/Common/SH4 directory, enabled TMO2.5 and...well, not nothing, but close enough. Loading bar freezes at the end while showing TMO title screen and a thousand background messages pop up (one at a time) saying File<ChooseLoadSave> Not Implemented! among other things. I disable the mod, re-verify the game files through Steam and consistently have 2 files that have to redownload (I don't know which 2). Vanilla game runs without a hitch, it's only when I try to enable a mod through JSGME. I've already set program compatibility to Windows Vista.
taktik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 03:12 PM   #2
taktik
Swabbie

Correction: Message says "There is a new (Not Implemented) <ChooseLoadSave> page"

I also moved steamapps to a C:Games/Steam folder outside of Programx86 folder as suggested in another post
Old 09-14-20, 05:49 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You want to be certain that you are applying the mod to the v1.5 Uboat Missions ~and~ that you are starting the correct (U-Boat Missions) version of the game. you might also have to delete the C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 folder to eliminate old and now invalid data in the Save folder. The 2 files missing are German flag files that TMO does not restore, for whatever reason. Not actually needed to run the game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 09:37 AM   #4
taktik
Swabbie

D'oh! (Forehead slap)

I'm not a genius but I'm supposed to be smarter than that...

Thank you for the reminder! Works flawlessly now! Back to terrorizing merchants!