SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-07, 04:18 AM   #16
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Here you go:

MEDAL OF HONOR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
  • Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95 (Windows 2000 and Windows NT are not supported)
  • 450 MHz Intel Pentium II or 500 MHz AMD Athlon processor
  • 128 MB RAM
  • 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
  • 135 MB free hard disk space (additional space required for Windows swap-file, DirectX 8.0 installation and GameSpy installation).
  • 16 MB OpenGL capable video card using an Nvidia GeForce3, Nvidia GeForce2, Nvidia GeForce 256, Nvidia Riva TNT2, Nvidia Riva TNT,
  • ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro, ATI Rage 128, PowerVR3 Kyro II, or PowerVR Kyro chipset with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
  • DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
RECOMMENDED
  • 700 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
  • 32 MB or greater supported OpenGL capable video card with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
  • GameSpy Arcade (to locate servers to play on)
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 04:21 AM   #17
Lukemb
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

ha ha ha , very funny Boris ...
Lukemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 04:34 AM   #18
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Outta my docs - should be about the same in the code

Purple Heart: over 40% medium damage taken by the sub

Bronze Star: 3 ships sunk in one patrol or a DD, CL or larger combatant ship not worthy of a higher award

Silver Star: 6 ships sunk in one patrol or a CVE or CA sunk

Navy Cross: 8 ships sunk in one patrol or a BB or CV

CMOH: 6 ships sunk in the same engagement (checks for 24 h timeframe) or 2 of the following BB, CV, CVE

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 04:50 AM   #19
Lukemb
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba

Bronze Star: 3 ships sunk in one patrol or a DD, CL or larger combatant ship not worthy of a higher award

CMOH: 6 ships sunk in the same engagement (checks for 24 h timeframe) or 2 of the following BB, CV, CVE

Thanks for the info Elanaiba. I'll try to find them in the files.
Lukemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:02 AM   #20
Gigalocus
Seaman

Quote:

oh, i never got a CMOH

and i sunk 7 , is there any other requirments?

also, i sunk a akitsu ( the small carrier but with a tower) does that count? it should, i also sunk a seaplane tender but got no navy cross
Gigalocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:09 AM   #21
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

The ships should be something like 1000 tons or higher IIRC.
elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 09:44 PM   #22
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemb
Quote:

Thanks for the info Elanaiba. I'll try to find them in the files.
Has anyone found these yet? I'm very interested in making these more realistic for RFB as the mod is now focusing on making tonnage harder to get.

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:14 AM   #23
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

I got no idea where these stats are - but HUZZAH for making shipping harder to find. I racked up over 200k in one patrol (granted I use the double strength torp mod) by only choosing major combatants or the largest of merchies. By the time I got back to port - I didnt even have a roll of toilet paper left to throw at the empire of the rising sun!

*****Side note - Is that why the admiral tossed my medal of honor at me from the dock????*****

On the flip side - my renown went up about 10k!

While I did get a Medal of Honor - it didnt tell me it was from Congress. A different medal perhaps?

Oh well - now to go get a shower - I feel like I need one just from typing that!
Good Hunting!
Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:29 AM   #24
dean_acheson
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 42

are you guys using the TDC????
dean_acheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:42 AM   #25
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Yes and no. If I cant get in on a convoy I will use manual TDC. Thats rare though. Most of the time I use the point and shoot method from extreme minimum range. You lead a ship at 400 yards away by 8 - 10 degrees and fire. At high torp speed - based on deflection angle - and you'll hit. You just have to adjust for the AOB. From that close - its actually a really easy shot. The hard part of those attacks is getting in the right spot without being detected. The upside is that you can use both fore and aft shots very fast if you can position yourself between 2 columns.

Its a personal choice - my attack style is to knife fight, whether using torps or the deck gun. There are some that play the game just because they like doing all the math, some that like to just lock the target and yell "shoot" - and then the few like me that take a middle ground.

Remember - at lower "realism" levels you dont get full credit in renown for the sinkings. Had I been running low "realism", renown would have probably been somwhere around 3-5k instead.

Good Hunting!
Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 01:50 PM   #26
Mudrik
Gunner

I am not boasting here so please don't think that I am. I am simply adding a comment.

I am playing the game with very low realism settings (I want to have fun sinking ships, not have a coronary during each mission) and received four CMOH in my first career!

I would suggest therefore that medals awarded are also tied in to realism settings and lightweights like me will get a load of medals at the end of every mission, whereas hardcore players will get awards based on realistic wartime settings. Mind you, the US military have always seemed to be very medal happy anyway, not like here in the UK where you pretty much have to be sent home in an A4 envelope, after selflessly saving a dozen of your comrades in arms, to get the highest of awards.
Mudrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 02:29 PM   #27
LW_lcarp
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrik
Mind you, the US military have always seemed to be very medal happy anyway, not like here in the UK where you pretty much have to be sent home in an A4 envelope, after selflessly saving a dozen of your comrades in arms, to get the highest of awards.

Hmm medal happy hey look here http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/moh1.htm then tell me they JUST give them away. Maybe you need to not let your alligator mouth overload your canary A$$.

And it is NOT the CMOH it is the Medal of Honor. It is awarded by the President in the name of Congress.
LW_lcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 02:40 PM   #28
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW_lcarp
And it is NOT the CMOH it is the Medal of Honor. It is awarded by the President in the name of Congress.
It's arguable both ways, and both are considered acceptable.
http://www.cmohs.org/medal.htm
Old 05-06-07, 02:50 PM   #29
Mudrik
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW_lcarp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrik
Mind you, the US military have always seemed to be very medal happy anyway, not like here in the UK where you pretty much have to be sent home in an A4 envelope, after selflessly saving a dozen of your comrades in arms, to get the highest of awards.
Hmm medal happy hey look here http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/moh1.htm then tell me they JUST give them away. Maybe you need to not let your alligator mouth overload your canary A$$.

Sure, have a look at this then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Cross.

I wasn't knocking the US military, just stating the obvious fact that more medals are available in the US. Simply look at the chest of any US general compared to your average UK general and I'm sure that you will see why I have reached this conclusion. Also, look in your "CareerTrack UPC" and it clearly says CMOH.

When Andy McNab left the SAS after serving at Hereford for 9 yrs he was the highest decorated serving soldier with only a DCM (distinguished conduct medal) and a MM (military medal) to his name. I rest my case.

Oh, and by the way, it's ARSE not ASS if you wouldn't mind

Last edited by Mudrik; 05-06-07 at 03:01 PM.
Mudrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 03:16 PM   #30
LW_lcarp
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Fair enough arse it is. Also alot of the Generals running around now days where lieutenants in veitnam so they also have the veitnam conflit, american defence ribbons. And any other little ribbon that was awarded for combat operations they were involved in. So alot of the ribbons they are sporting arent award ribbons but campiagn ribbons.

Heres a list of submariners that won the MOH so you guys can see what they did to winn the Medal of Honor. http://www.valoratsea.com/MoH.htm
LW_lcarp is offline   Reply With Quote