SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-09, 08:35 AM   #46
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
and i dont know what you are saying?
i said you were the one who fixed the SD antenna to work

its all in the documents included with GFO
Old 05-16-09, 08:49 AM   #47
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
i said you were the one who fixed the SD antenna to work

its all in the documents included with GFO
Sorry, i am not talking about this ...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 12:21 PM   #48
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Great work. I did try it today....have been adding other mods. Again, I found no problems with TMO that I can see, except the possible issues that Ducimas says may not be seen. The AI seems fine...so I'm moving on with it as there are several added things that I always used.

Now trying with RSRD.

This needs to be a thread where we can talk and discuss the patch/mod.
Anybody that has their feelings upset or whatever, why not do it with PM and keep that crap off the boards.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 02:26 PM   #49
ncorpuz34
A-ganger

Downloads: 118

I think this was asked before but he never got a definite answer:

Is there any type of sinking mechanics built into this mod?
Old 05-16-09, 03:43 PM   #50
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorpuz34 View Post
I think this was asked before but he never got a definite answer:

Is there any type of sinking mechanics built into this mod?
no it isnt, things like sinking mechanics i felt were too much a personal choice because there are as many people who want it to sink slower and more natural as those who like to keep the quick result of the stock game so the game moves along at a faster pace if you dont have a lot of time to play sh4.

this is why i was hesitant to include my manuvering fix but finally decided to add it.
Old 05-17-09, 10:00 AM   #51
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Alternative download links for GFO, new final version plus old:

SHMF

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 12:04 PM   #52
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
Alternative download links for GFO, new final version plus old:

SHMF
plus old ???

while the conversion patch and the 2/3rds fix are something people might still need, there is no reason for anybody to download the original Unofficial Game Patch anymore.
Old 05-17-09, 12:37 PM   #53
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you very much WEBSTER ,I play the Stock 1.5 game plus just the Real Environmental , tell me please which must be the order to install via JSGME , Game Fixes Only first and Real Environmental last or the opposite ? , thank you for the help
Old 05-17-09, 04:37 PM   #54
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

GFO downloading now to go into my brand new GFO MultiSH4 installation. I'm afraid I will pollute it with TMOkeys right away, but I'll keep it as pure as possible.

ncorpuz34 brings up a good point. Have you ever been motivated to make a sinking physics mod? With enough psychotropic drugs and if we can keep you out of reach of any weapons for several months, it could be a very interesting project. Or it could be a cruel and pitiless master.

Oh, my hard drive curses you, hopes you take on the sinking project, go insane and die a protracted and painful death.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 07:00 AM   #55
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
GFO downloading now to go into my brand new GFO MultiSH4 installation. I'm afraid I will pollute it with TMOkeys right away, but I'll keep it as pure as possible.

ncorpuz34 brings up a good point. Have you ever been motivated to make a sinking physics mod? With enough psychotropic drugs and if we can keep you out of reach of any weapons for several months, it could be a very interesting project. Or it could be a cruel and pitiless master.

Oh, my hard drive curses you, hopes you take on the sinking project, go insane and die a protracted and painful death.

one of my main thoughts about this mod was that others would be able to easily adapt it to any style of game they like so mod away.

its all about each person getting the most custom tailored game they want so thats part of the main reason i tried to avoid difficulty or game style changes thinking the player would rather add those eliments for themself. after all you can never make everyone happy because we all have differet ideas and likes.

as for sinking mechanics, that was something i had planned to learn more about and try to understand better but at this point i have no plans for future mods
Old 05-18-09, 09:48 AM   #56
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Well done Webster. I can't offer a compliment that is strong enough.

What you've done has been important and HEAVY work!

~SALUTE!~ sir

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 12:51 PM   #57
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Well done Webster. I can't offer a compliment that is strong enough.

What you've done has been important and HEAVY work!

~SALUTE!~ sir

thank you,
Old 05-18-09, 09:49 PM   #58
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Let me be the first to post a war patrol. Tonight between the hours of 7:00 and 9:00 pm I tested GFO to destruction, pitting my Balao up against the Convoy from Hell of Pimp My Ride II testing fame.

One thing I noticed quite quickly was that your Maneuvering Fix has the undesirable side effect of messing up convoy station keeping:

There you go, the Convoy from Hell before my submarine has been detected. Bad weather and all, I decided to go in decks awash to see how close I could get. I got to 2500 yards and dove with no particular plan in mind. While under water, I pulled out the free cam and took a portrait of my victim(s).

It's supposed to be three columns 500 yards apart. That's the bad news. The good news is that the convoy's individual ships behaved very well. There were no collisions, the merchies parted to let the Asashio and gunship through to pummel me and they scattered really well when the feathers began to fly. A plan began to form. I would use every piece of ammunition on the boat or die trying. Time to get in the thick of things and let fly!

Didn't actually target much, just pointed and shot. Heck, who can miss! Oh the humanity!

Sayonara Ashashio! Down the throat for you...

Darn! Out of torpedoes! I surfaced and gunned down the gunboat, then attacked the armed merchies one by one until there wasn't a firecracker left on board. How'd I do for two hours of carnage?

Actually I did about as well in two hours with pure GFO as I did in 20 minutes with Pimp My Ride II, but without all the danger, as I did all the early sinking, especially the dangerous targets, with torpedoes in GFO. A most enjoyable and profitable encounter it was! I'll publish the Convoy from Hell as soon as my laziness leaves me and I quit playing with it myself.:rotfl: The final tally:

No problems were encountered with GFO that were not present in the stock game. I'm looking forward to customizing TMOplot to be a GFO plugin for those interested in ramping up the challenge a bit. TMOkeys works perfectly with no side effects. I'll be checking out the 3000 yard/meter bearing plotter with the same end in mind.

I think when you plug one of those Huge European Liners with a torpedo they float higher and speed up! However, the deck gun puts them down VERY quickly. The deck gun vs the gunboat was a sad mismatch. I could outshoot him badly. I miss the free cams everywhere, control room, bridge and conning tower from TMO and RFB. You might consider adding them.

This thing is really bullet-proof! I thought I had a camera issue yesterday but it was a cute little program I picked up called Texter, filtering and scrambling keystrokes. Once I turned off Texter it was off to the slaughter. This is the most trouble-free early stage mod I've ever played. Congratulations Webster! You have a winner!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-18-09 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 02:12 AM   #59
ncorpuz34
A-ganger

Downloads: 118
Default Bug Report

Getting a CTD when trying to use the Type XVIII boot. Applies to Single missions as well as trying to start a new career with it.

MODS:
NSM4
GFO
Real Environment + other visual enhancements (caustics/reflect, splash mod, PE4 Special effects...)
Old 05-19-09, 05:39 AM   #60
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Try pulling your other mods out of the soup first. Then add them one by one, always over the top of GFO, never under, and isolate the problem. NSM4, for instance, never dreamed of being used on a U-Boat and effects could be unpredictable. At best, it will have no effect on the U-Boat game. At worst, fasten your seatbelt.

When you find out what the problem is, please report back here for the benefit of other players. Please don't expect Webster to fix problems caused by other mods, but do expect him to fix a CTD that is native in GFO.

So, first test the situation with GFO only. If it CTDs, report, if not, load up the next mod and test again. Rinse and repeat until you hear a crash. Then report the last mod you loaded as the cause of the crash so others can avoid or perhaps even fix the problem.

Welcome to supermod hell, Webster. You're finding out why Kapitan Lehmann and LukeFF are often very cranky people.