SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Crash Dive & Crash Dive II
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-14, 02:55 PM   #31
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome Aboard

Valdamant and Karok!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 07:45 AM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Valdamant and Karok

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 11:38 AM   #33
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2726

A funny side note: I've asked Mighty Vertex Games if they could create some WW2 ships for the Asset Store or what it would costs to hire them to create 3D Models for me (to speed up things). They've released this package a few weeks later (but I never bought it because the style does not fit to my own models)
These models are awesome, but the $275 is an awfully large amount.

If it was half that amount I would be definitely interested.
Old 06-22-14, 02:02 AM   #34
arkroyal
Bosun

Downloads: 31

Bought it and played, Great Game Scott

Regards
Old 06-22-14, 02:14 PM   #35
Julke
Watch

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicEnsues View Post
I remembered why I went with m/s: Ranges are given in m, so for players who are doing mental math to calculate travel times, m/s makes that easier.

I still may change it to knots, but that was my logic at the time.
In real life it is always big mess with many different units. Nautical miles are used for sailed distance, knots for speed, meters for calculating distance from the object or for depth measurement, m/s can be used for wind speed. At least for me this "mess" sounds quite normal. So if I see m/s unit for speed of sub, I am totaly lost, I don't know how fast I am
Julke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 01:32 AM   #36
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I ran into the same thing when I used to do ballistic calculations. Wind speeds are usually given in knots or m.p.h., but it made more sense math wise to have them in ft./sec., the units used for velocity.

Here you are better off:
1 m/s = ~ 2 knots

or more precisely...

1 m/s = 1.9438 kt.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 02:27 AM   #37
mikedora
Swabbie

Downloads: 64

I'm one of those enjoying Crash Dive on my iPad, but I have one gameplay question: in Single Mission mode, how do you end the mission?

Several times in this mode I've encountered a convoy, sunk 3-4-5 ships, and successfully escaped the counterattacks, but I haven't figured out then how to "close" the mission & record a success...

What am I missing please?

Mike
mikedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 11:54 AM   #38
PanicEnsues
Dev Team

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedora View Post
I'm one of those enjoying Crash Dive on my iPad, but I have one gameplay question: in Single Mission mode, how do you end the mission?
What am I missing please?
Well, crap. Looks like you're missing what everyone else (including me) is missing: The "Disengage" button, which is not showing up in the single mission mode menu. It's a bug; thanks for catching that, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Regards,

-Scott
Old 06-23-14, 05:14 PM   #39
mikedora
Swabbie

Downloads: 64

Thanks Scott,

I thought I was going senile or something! Thing is, I started with the Single Missions to get the hang of the game, and because of this hang-up I hadn't progressed to the War Patrol yet..

Cheers

Mike
mikedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 10:10 PM   #40
Eburlh
Bilge Rat

Default Crash Dive

Love the game!! About time a good one came out.

I would love it if you could add a campaign to the patrol. It would be great if it would last longer!! Other than that, no suggestions!! Great game!!

e
Eburlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 02:51 AM   #41
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

Eburlh!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 06:58 AM   #42
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Eburlh

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 08:15 AM   #43
valdarrant
Nub

Default The more I play

The better I like it. There are so many layers to the game. Whether its targeting with periscope or without, or now trying to get inside the fleet before opening up. I also have not successfully gone head with the anti-sub ships after sinking the merchantmen. In WW II did the torpedoes home in via ping like they do today? I assumed that is the reason for the distance to arm besides not wanting friendly fire damage.

What is a good reference to better understand the antisub sonar and therefore how to evade it?
valdarrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 11:05 AM   #44
pzgndr
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicEnsues View Post
Well, crap. Looks like you're missing what everyone else (including me) is missing: The "Disengage" button, which is not showing up in the single mission mode menu. It's a bug; thanks for catching that, and I'll fix it ASAP.
Also, I've completed the easy starter mission but can't seem to advance to medium? Are the differences between these difficulty levels defined and can players select them at start of single missions and patrols? I'm not seeing that, assuming hard would be most realistic and I'd like to get there. So far it's fun but pretty easy, so I'm ready to crank it up but can't see how.
Old 06-24-14, 12:33 PM   #45
PanicEnsues
Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdarrant View Post
In WW II did the torpedoes home in via ping like they do today? I assumed that is the reason for the distance to arm besides not wanting friendly fire damage.
Most of the technology advances in WW2 torpedoes were related to propulsion (allowing them to run submerged without putting out a bubble trail) and detonation (magnetic proximity detonators instead of contact, for greater damage). But the new tech was so unreliable (especially for the Germans) that their dud rate was >80% at some points in the war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdarrant View Post
What is a good reference to better understand the antisub sonar and therefore how to evade it?
The enemy sonar pings expand in a sphere; they are represented in the Chart view by a 2D ring that shows the ping range as it is affected by A) your depth, B) your noise level (primarily throttle).

Your best bet for evasion is to go to maximum depth, run at half or full speed (not flank), and drop one or two decoys. Then try and keep the decoys between yourself and the enemy ships.

Hope that helps,

-Scott