SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-21, 12:36 PM   #1
Nikdunaev
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Switching torpedo type in the queue?

Hi All!

I am curious, can you cancel or switch a specific torpedo in the loading queue, once auto reload puts it there? What about if you make a mistake yourself, and want to undo it and put something different in?

Cause, at this late stage of the war, the boat typically carries many different types of torpedoes, and one may or may not want a particular kind, to be loaded at a specific time.

Back in Silent Hunter III you could just drag it right back to the rack. Here that does not work apparently.
I can not figure out how to do it.
Nikdunaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 01:37 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: swapping out torps in SH4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdunaev View Post
Hi All!

I am curious, can you cancel or switch a specific torpedo in the loading queue, once auto reload puts it there? What about if you make a mistake yourself, and want to undo it and put something different in?

Cause, at this late stage of the war, the boat typically carries many different types of torpedoes, and one may or may not want a particular kind, to be loaded at a specific time.

Back in Silent Hunter III you could just drag it right back to the rack. Here that does not work apparently.
Ahoy, Nikdunaev...

If I am NOT mistaken, I do believe it to be possible... 1 would need to turn off the auto load which on the HUD, in game should be in the section there under the notepad looking icon there...

Should be a set of other icons after you click on the notepad looking icon & should be... mhmm... the last or next to last 1 from the right side...

If I am recalling that correctly.

shutting off auto reload, should then allow you the decision making process of deciding what torps get loaded & what tube to put them... just like in SH3.

am sure some other subsimmer, should be along who can cross verify that... or correct that if I am remembering it incorrectly

In the mean time, I hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 01-21-21, 05:05 PM   #3
Nikdunaev
Sailor man

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Nikdunaev...

If I am NOT mistaken, I do believe it to be possible... 1 would need to turn off the auto load which on the HUD, in game should be in the section there under the notepad looking icon there...

Should be a set of other icons after you click on the notepad looking icon & should be... mhmm... the last or next to last 1 from the right side...

If I am recalling that correctly.

shutting off auto reload, should then allow you the decision making process of deciding what torps get loaded & what tube to put them... just like in SH3.

am sure some other subsimmer, should be along who can cross verify that... or correct that if I am remembering it incorrectly

In the mean time, I hope this info helps...

M. M.

Thanks for the tip!

Nikdunaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 06:24 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdunaev View Post
Hi All!

this post will reinforce what Mad Madigan posted.
in order to handpick a torpedo from you inventory, you must turn off auto reload.
auto reload is an icon, usually in the Crew Management grouping.
this is from SH4 Stock. i've circled the auto reload icon.

you cannot swap a torpedo until you have fired one from that torpedo room: you have to have an open space to swap out/swap in.
once you have an open space in the bunker, turn off auto reload, drag a torpedo out of the tube to the open spot and then drag the desired fish into the available tube.
this process is fairly intuitive.
run a single mission or war patrol and practice.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 10:40 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
this post will reinforce what Mad Madigan posted.
in order to handpick a torpedo from you inventory, you must turn off auto reload.
auto reload is an icon, usually in the Crew Management grouping.
this is from SH4 Stock. i've circled the auto reload icon.

you cannot swap a torpedo until you have fired one from that torpedo room: you have to have an open space to swap out/swap in.
once you have an open space in the bunker, turn off auto reload, drag a torpedo out of the tube to the open spot and then drag the desired fish into the available tube.
this process is fairly intuitive.
run a single mission or war patrol and practice.

Ahoy...

To KaleunMarco...

Yeah, forgot about that part.. on having to have fired 1 , to allow for an open slot for the swapped out in the tube fish, to have a place to go to.

To add to what KaleunMarco said, in backing up what I said earlier...

That also includes the same, for both fore & aft torp rooms, as well... just to clarify that point very well, as well.

Hope this info helps...

Good huntin'....

M. M.

Tags
fat, lut, torpedo