Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #2146
Kapt. Q
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi Zee,
I have very much enjoyed the mod, a vast improvement on the original, as you say the future is promising. Here are a few thoughts on it, excuse me if I repeat others, I haven't read all 143 pages on this thread! I have a crash problem on restarting a failed mission sometimes, no biggy, I think it's about clearing the cache? I think the tiger is not affected speed wise by going up hill, is that fixable? would it be possible to reduce the amount it skews when hitting a destructable object, particularly if it's moving slowly and hits a tree. When you use AI driver and call for a halt he doesn't stop it, just puts it in nuetral, active braking would be good as well; even if you put the brake on, it seems like it takes too long to stop. It would be nice if you could give the AI driver speed presets, ie. keys 1-8, each representing a specific speed between 3 and max kph other wise you have to listen to him each time you tell him to speed up. Max speed over rough terrain is too high but I think that is being addressed? I think it is possible to confuse the AI gunner when designating targets and then he stops firing completely until you turn him on and off, I may be wrong on this. If you get to an enemy gun position there is often the crew standing there, if I was them I'd run away or play dead instead of waiting to be machine gunned! I know you are working on a system to repair tracked tanks and resupply them in the field and this will be great. It's a shame you can't change the load out before a mission, the first two in Kursk could use a bit more HE. I think it's been mentioned but the line of sight through trees etc, needs work, it's annoying to be shot at by things you can't respond to except through AI gunner. Some missions that have more of a defensive, rather than offensive flavour would be great too, the tigers excelled at this. Keep up the good work, Cheers!
Kapt. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #2147
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapt. Q View Post
Hi Zee,
I have very much enjoyed the mod, a vast improvement on the original, as you say the future is promising. Here are a few thoughts on it, excuse me if I repeat others, I haven't read all 143 pages on this thread! I have a crash problem on restarting a failed mission sometimes, no biggy, I think it's about clearing the cache? I think the tiger is not affected speed wise by going up hill, is that fixable? would it be possible to reduce the amount it skews when hitting a destructable object, particularly if it's moving slowly and hits a tree. When you use AI driver and call for a halt he doesn't stop it, just puts it in nuetral, active braking would be good as well; even if you put the brake on, it seems like it takes too long to stop. It would be nice if you could give the AI driver speed presets, ie. keys 1-8, each representing a specific speed between 3 and max kph other wise you have to listen to him each time you tell him to speed up. Max speed over rough terrain is too high but I think that is being addressed? I think it is possible to confuse the AI gunner when designating targets and then he stops firing completely until you turn him on and off, I may be wrong on this. If you get to an enemy gun position there is often the crew standing there, if I was them I'd run away or play dead instead of waiting to be machine gunned! I know you are working on a system to repair tracked tanks and resupply them in the field and this will be great. It's a shame you can't change the load out before a mission, the first two in Kursk could use a bit more HE. I think it's been mentioned but the line of sight through trees etc, needs work, it's annoying to be shot at by things you can't respond to except through AI gunner. Some missions that have more of a defensive, rather than offensive flavour would be great too, the tigers excelled at this. Keep up the good work, Cheers!
Hi Kapt Q,
I like your idea of using the 1-8 keys. As for the brake issue I believe the
rolling stop is much more realistic especially on hills, it coasts down hill
nicely.Your idea about load-out selection is great that would be a very
welcomed addition. The mission creation is a phase I want to be able to
focus entirely on that would cover every year of the war, I am not there
yet but I am working toward that. So, please be patient Kamerad.

Cheers,

ZW
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #2148
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 1
Default Winter Panther A and Soldaten!

Winter in TvT,



Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #2149
LcSummers
XO
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 431
Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default FANTASTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Here you go Kamerad and it looks very good on the PnzII

LC's Banner


ZW

Hi ZW,

you are really the best. I am SPEECHLESS. TUTIFULL, i mean WONDERFULL: I am really honored.

Thanks mate,


LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #2150
LcSummers
XO
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 431
Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Winter in TvT,



Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

FUBAR, Wunderbar!!!!


A Panther Ausf. A. You make me really nervous. WOW!!!

Not my tank ( not yet)


Greetings to all my Panzerkameraden


LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #2151
Freiwillige
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 1,458
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default

I see that you are doing a Zeepurb job my friend. You have come a loooong way since this first started.

I am glad to see you doing so well on your project. Gott mit du!
__________________
(Sample lyrics from Fritz von Titz hit album u-boat musik to make love to):rock:
Torpedo Los baby, Topedo Los! You've sunk my heart baby, Danke schone you sea vixen! You make me have to dive deep darling, C.O. rig for silent loving.)
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #2152
Kapt. Q
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi Zee, Just wondering if you have any plans to limit the engine rpm of the mid production tiger to 2600 as only the first ml210 engined tigers were capable of 3000, the rest being governed due to weakness of the engine at high rpm. This would indirectly solve the problem of there top speed being too high as well.

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 03-05-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Kapt. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #2153
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapt. Q View Post
Hi Zee, Just wondering if you have any plans to limit the engine rpm of the mid production tiger to 2600 as only the first ml210 engined tigers were capable of 3000, the rest being governed due to weakness of the engine at high rpm. This would indirectly solve the problem of there top speed being too high as well.
Hi Kapt. Q,
Ok, your right I'll fix it and will have it with the next Update, along with
the new Playable Tiger E1 (early ver.) among other things in the works.
Now on to technical stuff about the Maybach controls

The engine RPM has two methods of increase manually and auto-Driver



The rpm issue will be in the upcoming Project ZW Update,


Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #2154
Kapt. Q
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Wow Zee, prompt response, I look forward to the update.
Kapt. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #2155
KapitanDP
Seaman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 32
Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default New 2011 Member

Well, I discovered all this pretty late compared to a lot of the rest of you and had to dig out my old copy of TvT that I haven't played in awhile. All this looked so good that I just had to give it a try. I wasn't a hugh fan of the original release but these mods have got me interested

ZeeWolf, you should be getting my donation at any moment!
KapitanDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #2156
KapitanDP
Seaman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 32
Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Mission Stats Problem

ZeeWolf,
First off, thank you for your very fast response. Also, the changes you have made look VERY NICE!

Everything with the first German mission seemed to work great until I finished. Here is the data from the final screen:


Soviet Red Army - Tigers Shake Kurtenki

Mission Objectives - all boxes illuminated

Shots Fired - 7
Hits Landed - 42
Accuracy - 600%
Tanks Destroyed - 2
Enemy Positions Destroyed - 2
APC Destroyed - 1
Trucks Destroyed - None
Infantry Killed - 6

Mission Success


Now, I know I'm good (grin) but 7 shots fired and 42 landed. Not to mention I was playing on the German side.

Any idea what's wrong????
Thanks
KapitanDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #2157
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapitanDP View Post
ZeeWolf,
First off, thank you for your very fast response. Also, the changes you have made look VERY NICE!

Everything with the first German mission seemed to work great until I finished. Here is the data from the final screen:


Soviet Red Army - Tigers Shake Kurtenki

Mission Objectives - all boxes illuminated

Shots Fired - 7
Hits Landed - 42
Accuracy - 600%
Tanks Destroyed - 2
Enemy Positions Destroyed - 2
APC Destroyed - 1
Trucks Destroyed - None
Infantry Killed - 6

Mission Success


Now, I know I'm good (grin) but 7 shots fired and 42 landed. Not to mention I was playing on the German side.

Any idea what's wrong????
Thanks
Hey KDP!
You look like you did awesome The problem with the 600% is with using the coaxial machine gun, it increased the percent. Although the MG rounds
are no longer counted the hits are. The next update that I am currently working will squeeze in a fix. I might even eliminate the percent from the tally altogether.
My plan is to add kill rings to the tanks gun barrel during the campaign, but that is still a ways down the road .

Vorwärts Kamerad!

ZW
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #2158
KapitanDP
Seaman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 32
Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks ZW. I appreciate the explanation....

KDP
KapitanDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #2159
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapitanDP View Post
Thanks ZW. I appreciate the explanation....

KDP
Hi KDP

I also wanted to put the fix link here for other ZW members to DL

http://www.tanksimzw.com/EndMissionMenu.zip

ZW
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #2160
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon
 
Sledgehammer427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,890
Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0
Default

Zee, is the gun barrel seperate from the texture maps? if it is, perhaps it would be really easy to make a small number of modified textures, if one wishes to have his total kill count, then all he would have to do is replace his current Tiger texture with one that has the proper number of kills on the barrel. it seems like it wouldn't take very long to make from one to 50
__________________
Cold Waters Voice Crew - Fire Control Officer
You can find me giving soothing radio traffic calls in DCS World or in Mechwarrior Online
I will eventually find a new repository for my old mods once I look through and make sure none are outdated
Sledgehammer427 is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.