SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-08, 09:00 PM   #31
silent killer
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default TMO 1.5

THANKS DUCIMUS for continuing on with TMO
Old 03-05-08, 09:49 PM   #32
JREX53
Frogman

Downloads: 353
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHendrik
Little bug on my side: When sea is calm and sub surfaces, batteries are loading, but no fresh air in boat - the cre forgets to open the hatches :-(

Subtype Gar
Date: first patrol
Homebase Pearl/Midway

Mods used:
1) TMO for SH1.5
2) NSM4 Classic (Should work and I got no troubles while sinking some japs)

Is this a bug caused by the "old" NSM or a feature of TMO?
I noticed no other bugs until now - great work!
SirHendrik,

NSM4 has NOT been made compatible with 1.5 yet.

JREX53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:18 PM   #33
rcjonessnp175
Weps

Downloads: 82

ur the man ducimus

The mother ship,Coolermaster HAF, I7 intel overclock 4ghz, , 6gb mem, 5870 crossfire, soundblaster Xfi titanium , Oh and 52 inch samsung 750 120hz. 7.1 onkyo 1200 wattss system
rcjonessnp175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:18 PM   #34
Casco
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

One question.. When the U-boat support file is enabled does it in anyway affect the US Campaign?? Also there is no go to attack map button under the periscope tab for the U-boats in the bottom command bar. I miss that button as its the only way to get to the TDC unless you switch to the Navigation tab.

Oh and thanks for the great mod been using it ever since it came out

Cheers to everyones work that went into it
Casco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:25 PM   #35
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

>>When the U-boat support file is enabled does it in anyway affect the US Campaign??

Yes it does. If your playing the US campaign, deactivate the uboat CTD fix.

>>Also there is no go to attack map button under the periscope tab for the U-boats

As stated in the original post, my sole focus is on the pacific theater and the Silent service. Anything in the indian ocean or Kreigsmarine is out TM's scope. It has to be, there is no "TM team". I simply do not have the time (not to mention motivation), to do anything in the way of the KM, and indian ocean.

As an aside, i noticed this on filefront.
Quote:
Maintenance 3/6 - From 12a-2a ET, you may encounter broken functionality on the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If your going to d/l, get it while its hot. There is no mirror site yet.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:31 PM   #36
Casco
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

I already got it and thanks for the quick reply

and I understand about the the silent service only thing, it's no big deal

I prefer the silent service anyway... but the uboats are a nice change every now and then
Casco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:45 PM   #37
Skullbiscuit
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Known issue.

Look in the TM support directory for optional mod, "TMO_Enable_Uboat"

The lack of label, in the menu, doesnt matter, you can still click on the blank spot and access it. I was going to update the menu for the optional mod, but forgot to. Not a big deal really, just asthetic, the clickable area is there regardless.

EDIT:

Outside of making sure changes in TM don't crash the uboat game, Any issues with the uboat game itself are outside the scope of TM. I can tell you that black screens when accessing certain stations like hydrophone, or navigator is related to changes in the camera.dat. (:hmm: looks like i should have included a stock one in the uboat fix )

EDIT:
When i have time, ill update the uboat fix to include stock versions of conflicting files like the menu.txt and cameras.dat.
I can't access Quick Missions now on the US side. On the first boot after installation of TM I get the blank line (only a hyphen is there where I presume is a switch for chosing sides) I only have TM installed on top of stock 1.5.

Once I have selected the German side I am unable to return to the US side of quick missions. Exiting the game and restarting does not solve the problem. Only the German side for quick missions is accessible.

SB
Skullbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:50 PM   #38
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Click the little hyphen.
Old 03-06-08, 12:47 AM   #39
Ark
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 95

Ok, I have a quick question since I'm confused (don't tell my wife though....I've been trying to convice her I know everything).

Mod Install Order:

TM for 1.5
PE 1.1
PE 1.2 Patch
RSRD

Is that correct? I know TM includes ROW, but does ROW include PE or is that something completely different?

Thanks!
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 285 SSC
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer 23" H233H
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:29 AM   #40
Seadogs
Ensign

Downloads: 3

Just another message you may or may not care about, but glad to have you back and thanks for the update. Whatever drama is involved, I think you have more than earned your place around here.

Like it or not, you are a big part of subsim. (modding or not)
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:36 AM   #41
SirHendrik
Mate

Downloads: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREX53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHendrik
Little bug on my side: When sea is calm and sub surfaces, batteries are loading, but no fresh air in boat - the cre forgets to open the hatches :-(

Subtype Gar
Date: first patrol
Homebase Pearl/Midway

Mods used:
1) TMO for SH1.5
2) NSM4 Classic (Should work and I got no troubles while sinking some japs)

Is this a bug caused by the "old" NSM or a feature of TMO?
I noticed no other bugs until now - great work!
SirHendrik,

NSM4 has NOT been made compatible with 1.5 yet.
Thanks for the answers!
NSM4 worked for US-Mission without any problems (until now) ...
While I slepts, the crew learnt to ope the hatches :-) After a reload of the last savegame it worked as usual *g*
SirHendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 03:14 AM   #42
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark
Ok, I have a quick question since I'm confused (don't tell my wife though....I've been trying to convice her I know everything).

Mod Install Order:

TM for 1.5
PE 1.1
PE 1.2 Patch
RSRD

Is that correct? I know TM includes ROW, but does ROW include PE or is that something completely different?

Thanks!
That looks ok. As for ROW and PE... they are the same style of mod, but PE has some variances to it that are a little different from ROW. ROW is the brainchild of Leovampire, PE, is Kriller2 carrying on his work. So in essence, one overwrites the other when applied in tandom to the game.
Old 03-06-08, 04:15 AM   #43
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

If I may make a suggestion, Ducimus......... leave the IXC U-Boot in TM. Although they mainly operated in the Indian Ocean, the chances of meeting them in NEI waters (which were allocated to the USN's area of operations) were very real. "U-168", for instance, was sunk off the Java coast in the Java Sea by Hr.Ms. "Zwaardvisch", operating from Fremantle.
Furthermore, two were transferred to the IJN: U-511, a type IXC, was transferred to the IJN at Kure in August 1943 and became RO-500; she was mainly used for experimental purposes in Home Waters, surviving the war.
The other was type IXC40 "U-1224" which was commissioned at Kiel in October 1943 as RO-501. She was sunk en route to the Far East in April 1944, 400 miles SSW of the Azores.
So although hardly an overwhelming number, they do make welcome extra targets for USN subs- and a quick and easy submarine addition to the IJN Roster!

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 07:40 AM   #44
Skullbiscuit
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Click the little hyphen.
I did. Clicking the hyphen puts me into the German Career screen (from main menu) Clicking the hypen on the German career screen does nothing. Clicking the Single Mission screen only offers me German single missions. I no longer have the ability to access US single missions.

SB
Skullbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 07:47 AM   #45
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark

Mod Install Order:

TM for 1.5
PE 1.1
PE 1.2 Patch
RSRD

Thanks!
That looks ok. As for ROW and PE... they are the same style of mod, but PE has some variances to it that are a little different from ROW. ROW is the brainchild of Leovampire, PE, is Kriller2 carrying on his work. So in essence, one overwrites the other when applied in tandom to the game.
The version of RSRDC for v15 is for "STOCK ONLY", the version for TMO on v15 is not out yet. "Do Not" use that version on top of TMO for v15
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote