SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-23, 09:51 AM   #1
Voxman
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Kind advice please - I'm bored with stock game.

Really tired and bored with stock game....

Looking for advice concerning my complete dissatisfaction with the current game play that is redundant, boring, and basically uneventful.
Granted I am playing SH in its original form with only one basic upgrade.

What bothers about the stock game:
I don't run into hardly any task forces that are worth the effort to engage. And when I do find a task force with carriers and/or battleships, the configuration doesn't vary hardly at all. Boring.
Same with the convoys. There is hardly any variation in their configurations.
I know I'm yearning for more variations and unusual engagements. However the stock version doesn't seem to offer anything like that.
In the past years, I have tried to load some of the mods but to be honest, my computer skills in going through all the necessary procedures to download and install these mods is somewhat intimidating. In the past, I had trouble loading the mods properly and ended up screwing up the program to the point I had to dump everything and reinstall the stock game.
So that's basically my problem ( well I have many more but we won't go into that).
What would you fellow submariners suggest to get me into something a bit more unpredictable and engaging? Is there one mod that will help keep me from thinking "oh this scenario again" ?
I'm not so much concerned with the graphic realism upgrades but would like some different ships that the stock game doesn't seem to have.
I realize I'm a little lazy and want to have it all without putting much effort into it.
I love the game and appreciate all the folks who have been able to do the mods. It's beyond my comprehension how you guys have been able to do so much behind the scene in creating the mods.
I should mention that I have no desire to become a German commander and sink allied ships. For some odd reason I don't care to kill my fellow Americans and only am interested in putting the Japanese forces as far down into the salty seas as I can muster. I've been playing SH for many many years through different versions and really enjoy the Wolves of Pacific scenario.
Well that's about it and I hope I don't get trashed too bad for my lack of ability to load mods successfully. I just would like a little bit more variety in the stock game if possible.
Thanks one and all and hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Voxman
Voxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-23, 12:01 AM   #2
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

Fall of the rising sun sounds about right for you. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...the+rising+sun
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-23, 10:15 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Voxman! after a long 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote