Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-06, 09:17 PM   #31
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSerpent
This is NOT the only tank sim out there. OFP has much better gameplay and tank gunnery than SBPE anyday and it's not even a tank sim.

Ok, I can understand the gameplay, but sheesh - not the gunnery!

Man, I have a feeling you're out for a good game rather than a training sim. In which case I think a trio of Battlefield 2, OFP and T-72 will probably make a good bundle at the same price. They're all good games, and will probably be more worth your money, given your preferences. But that is far from true for many others.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 03-14-06, 09:27 PM   #32
U-49
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
This sim/trainer or whatever you call it is not worth the money to me and that's the bottom line.
Yeah great, we've read it over and over from you--ad naseum. You got yourself banned from Ubisoft's SH3 forum for a while, and now you're being a nuisance here.

Please stop trolling already.

Old 03-14-06, 09:35 PM   #33
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-49
Quote:
This sim/trainer or whatever you call it is not worth the money to me and that's the bottom line.
Yeah great, we've read it over and over from you--ad naseum. You got yourself banned from Ubisoft's SH3 forum for a while, and now you're being a nuisance here.

Please stop trolling already.

Are people only suppose to agree with you? Does the world revolve around U-49? I think not! Quit being a little BOY and speak your mind. However, this topic was about 'Is it worth the money' and not about how you feel about me. If you'd like to create that topic, Clint Eastwood said it best - Go ahead, make my day ....

Old 03-14-06, 09:35 PM   #34
TankHunter
Watch

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankHunter
Quote:
Yeah but it isn't too real after all. I just noted in a movie clip that Skybird posted up that someone else made showing a TOW hitting a few twigs hanging from a tree branch and exploding - NOT destroying the twigs or the tree at all. The troops in the game look like something from a 1980's PC game and haven't really been improved upon since SB1 which intially cost the public on release way less than $125.00 and that too was claimed to be a "military trainer". Obviously the game is not worth $125.00 considering MS Flight Sim 2005 is used to train real pilots how to fly and has WAY better graphics and modeling than SBPE. Not to mention that upon release was only $50.00 up to $65.00 for the Tin Case version. Those of you that insist that the game is worth every penny are lying to yourselves and know better but don't have the guts or are too spoiled to admit when you are wrong. There was no more put into the making of SBPE than any other simulator on the market - probably even less. Of course the company is going to tell you that it is geared towards the militaries of the world and that it's not a sim for the casual gamer but think about this. Why would the worlds militarys use a PC sim to train with when they have the real deal on the field? It's just a ploy to suck you into paying $125.00 suckers. You just watch, in a few months the company will need and want more money so they will reduce costs to get a profit. The US would never buy this considering they can make their own. Look at America's Army - developed by the United States Army and is considered a FPS and infantry simulator! I honestly think that $125.00 is an incredible figure for a piece of software that isn't an operating system or some type of developement software. Another thing. The players tank is way too nurfed. How is it that an enemy tank can fire round after round at the players tank and yet it stays intact. To be a true simulator that means that the players tank should only be able to sustain as much damage as one of the enemy NPC tanks. Difficulty settings should be an option considering that in real life it would only take about 1 round to take out your tank and crew. Another thing I've noticed is that the tanks in the sim glide across the ground and don't appear to follow the terrain as if it is light as a feather. My guess is that those of you that paid $125.00 for it wish you had back at least $60.00 of it if not more. If the company was smart they would have tried to reach the masses with the sim and sold it for a reasonable price from the beginning.
A. If you want good graphics, play Battlefield 2, or wait for SB2 to come out. If you want what militaries actually use, then go for Pro PE.
B. Militaries use PCs to train troops because it is much cheaper than the real thing. Same logic applies to why pilots are trained on flight sims. Also a computer generally wont kill you if you screw up.
C. Didnt West Point buy a few copies of SB1 a few years ago?
D. The reason why a tank can take round after round is because either the ammunition used has poor RHA penetration properties, or the tank has very good RHA protection. In other words, an M1 will take DM33 nicely, but the Leo1 may not survive the encounter.
E. It was not designed to be sold to "the masses." It was designed for training.

I don't give a solid terd about graphics and gameplay for games, sims, and or military trainers as long as the price tag matches what you get. This sim/trainer or whatever you call it is not worth the money to me and that's the bottom line. Perhaps you think it's worth it but then again you might be one of those rich snoots that can buy almost anything and waste money on cheap crap and brand names.

This is NOT the only tank sim out there. OFP has much better gameplay and tank gunnery than SBPE anyday and it's not even a tank sim. T72 is much better graphically than SBPE and is a tank sim although I don't think the gunnery in the game is all that and feels a bit too arcadish but then again, it is a simulator and it is affordable.
A. "The troops in the game look like something from a 1980's PC game and haven't really been improved upon since SB1... I've noticed is that the tanks in the sim glide across the ground and don't appear to follow the terrain as if it is light as a feather." You do seem to care about graphics.
B. :looking around falling apart house: I would hardly say that I am rich.
C. OPF when it comes to armored warfare is about as true to life as a cartoon. No lead, hit points used rather than RHA values, etc ad nausium.

P.S. Also T-72 isnt exactly a simulator, considering that the speed of HEAT in it is around 300ms or so IIRC. The GPS on tanks is also off as I remember.
Old 03-14-06, 09:42 PM   #35
Bluewings
Torpedoman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
OFP has much better gameplay and tank gunnery than SBPE
:rotfl:

You don 't have a clue do you ! :rotfl:

Cheers .
Old 03-14-06, 09:43 PM   #36
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah but it isn't too real after all. I just noted in a movie clip that Skybird posted up that someone else made showing a TOW hitting a few twigs hanging from a tree branch and exploding - NOT destroying the twigs or the tree at all. The troops in the game look like something from a 1980's PC game and haven't really been improved upon since SB1 which intially cost the public on release way less than $125.00 and that too was claimed to be a "military trainer". Obviously the game is not worth $125.00 considering MS Flight Sim 2005 is used to train real pilots how to fly and has WAY better graphics and modeling than SBPE. Not to mention that upon release was only $50.00 up to $65.00 for the Tin Case version. Those of you that insist that the game is worth every penny are lying to yourselves and know better but don't have the guts or are too spoiled to admit when you are wrong. There was no more put into the making of SBPE than any other simulator on the market - probably even less. Of course the company is going to tell you that it is geared towards the militaries of the world and that it's not a sim for the casual gamer but think about this. Why would the worlds militarys use a PC sim to train with when they have the real deal on the field? It's just a ploy to suck you into paying $125.00 suckers. You just watch, in a few months the company will need and want more money so they will reduce costs to get a profit. The US would never buy this considering they can make their own. Look at America's Army - developed by the United States Army and is considered a FPS and infantry simulator! I honestly think that $125.00 is an incredible figure for a piece of software that isn't an operating system or some type of developement software. Another thing. The players tank is way too nurfed. How is it that an enemy tank can fire round after round at the players tank and yet it stays intact. To be a true simulator that means that the players tank should only be able to sustain as much damage as one of the enemy NPC tanks. Difficulty settings should be an option considering that in real life it would only take about 1 round to take out your tank and crew. Another thing I've noticed is that the tanks in the sim glide across the ground and don't appear to follow the terrain as if it is light as a feather. My guess is that those of you that paid $125.00 for it wish you had back at least $60.00 of it if not more. If the company was smart they would have tried to reach the masses with the sim and sold it for a reasonable price from the beginning.
A. If you want good graphics, play Battlefield 2, or wait for SB2 to come out. If you want what militaries actually use, then go for Pro PE.
B. Militaries use PCs to train troops because it is much cheaper than the real thing. Same logic applies to why pilots are trained on flight sims. Also a computer generally wont kill you if you screw up.
D. The reason why a tank can take round after round is because either the ammunition used has poor RHA penetration properties, or the tank has very good RHA protection. In other words, an M1 will take DM33 nicely, but the Leo1 may not survive the encounter.
E. It was not designed to be sold to "the masses." It was designed for training.

I don't give a solid terd about graphics and gameplay for games, sims, and or military trainers as long as the price tag matches what you get. This sim/trainer or whatever you call it is not worth the money to me and that's the bottom line. Perhaps you think it's worth it but then again you might be one of those rich snoots that can buy almost anything and waste money on cheap crap and brand names.

This is NOT the only tank sim out there. OFP has much better gameplay and tank gunnery than SBPE anyday and it's not even a tank sim. T72 is much better graphically than SBPE and is a tank sim although I don't think the gunnery in the game is all that and feels a bit too arcadish but then again, it is a simulator and it is affordable.
A. "The troops in the game look like something from a 1980's PC game and haven't really been improved upon since SB1... I've noticed is that the tanks in the sim glide across the ground and don't appear to follow the terrain as if it is light as a feather." You do seem to care about graphics.
C. OPF when it comes to armored warfare is about as true to life as a cartoon. No lead, hit points used rather than RHA values, etc ad nausium.

In response to A.

- Movement across the ground is not graphics but rather physics and is REALLY important for true to life gunnery dontcha think?

In response to B.

- I'm sorry you waste money on sims like this with a house falling apart around you. Obviously your priorities are a bit mixed up.

In response to C.

- If you think OFP is cartoonish you obviously haven't played it or you seriously need a new graphics card. There is leading the target modeled in that game. Perhaps that is why you dislike the game so much? - Kept shooting behind the enemy or where he was at and kept missing so he got you instead? That's too bad

Old 03-14-06, 09:47 PM   #37
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewings
Quote:
OFP has much better gameplay and tank gunnery than SBPE
:rotfl:

You don 't have a clue do you ! :rotfl:

Cheers .

No, I'm not into board games. The movie was humorous though.

Old 03-14-06, 09:48 PM   #38
Bluewings
Torpedoman

Quote:
This is NOT the only tank sim out there
As I just said , you don 't have a clue .
There is no other Tank Sim on the market . SB ProPE is the only one .

All other stuff are simply games without any realistic valor whatsoever .
You make me laugh mate !!! :rotfl:

Cheers .
Old 03-14-06, 09:51 PM   #39
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewings
Quote:
This is NOT the only tank sim out there
As I just said , you don 't have a clue .
There is no other Tank Sim on the market . SB ProPE is the only one .

All other stuff are simply games without any realistic valor whatsoever .
You make me laugh mate !!! :rotfl:

Cheers .

I'm sorry that SB PRoPE is the only one, it's not worth a hat full of crap in my personal opinion. But I am glad that I amuse you!

Old 03-14-06, 09:54 PM   #40
Bluewings
Torpedoman

You know what , go to Tanknet forums http://63.99.108.76/forums/index.php?act=idx
or log on there :
http://www.steelbeasts.com/index.php

And maybe , maybe you 'll understand why real life tankers are training on ProPE and not on OFP .

Cheers .
Old 03-14-06, 09:58 PM   #41
TankHunter
Watch

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In response to A.

- Movement across the ground is not graphics but rather physics and is REALLY important for true to life gunnery dontcha think?

In response to B.

- I'm sorry you waste money on sims like this with a house falling apart around you. Obviously your priorities are a bit mixed up.

In response to C.

- If you think OFP is cartoonish you obviously haven't played it or you seriously need a new graphics card. There is leading the target modeled in that game. Perhaps that is why you dislike the game so much? - Kept shooting behind the enemy or where he was at and kepy missing so he got you instead? That's too bad
I am starting to suspect that you are a useless wanker who knows little, if anything about what he is talking about. Obviously you know nothing about fire control systems on modern AFVs or what ammunition can do to said AFVs. It is also starting to become painfully apparent that you really haven’t looked at the sim in question. But, please, don’t get it. The last thing I, or anyone else wants is someone getting it and then complaining about how bad it is because they are looking for a first person shooter rather than a modern armored warfare simulator which is used by more countries than I have fingers on my hand.

Oh, I have OFP. It is a good sim for crunchies, but piss poor when it comes to anything close to armored warfare. No LRF, dynamic or manual lead, being able to nail a tank in the rear with an AT weapon and it lives, shooting at optics with no effect, etc is not close to real life. So in that respect, it is cartoonish. Lets not get into straw man tricks, ok?
Old 03-14-06, 10:03 PM   #42
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sub Serpent,

if you do not have the sim, you cannot judge it, because you don't know it. So be a polite guy then and shut up. Else you are running the risk of beeing assumed to talk about things you do not know. Such a person is called a fool, at best.

You also ignore the information input you already got, else you wouldn't continue to concentrate on irrelevant things SBP has nothing to do with. I told you what it is, and why. Live with it, or don't, but stop shooting holes into the air. And now put a damper on your temper, else this thread will be cleaned of your presence.

Second warning I give in this thread, so it's a yellow card. Everyone knows what card comes next.
Old 03-14-06, 10:11 PM   #43
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

If you want a red one, you are really going for it, Serpent, or what? Just some minutes after my last warning...

Don't try me a second time, else your time on the whole board will be extremely limited.