Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-16, 08:38 PM   #1
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Default Campaign dates for Wolves of Steel

OK, as I understand it, you have to be at sea when your current mission ends.

So I'm currently doing Eastern British Coastal Waters

Which is 04/09/39 - 01/12/39.

So as long as I'm at sea on 01/12/39 that mission will end correctly, correct?

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 12:50 AM   #2
manu222
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 17

I did the same far away from the coast in a place alone. But seems that didn't work. I'm pretty hopeless for all my campaigns but have my saves. Try this link : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...64&postcount=1 just did it and it's working well.

Last edited by manu222; 08-15-16 at 01:28 AM.
manu222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 03:11 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

manu222! after a considerable silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 04:59 AM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Steve
Basically it is only the first Baltic Operation that you needed to worry about as this is an OHII add on to the stock game.
That is why you have to be at sea before BCW appears and then you can dock.
Once you start with BCW the other missions will continue to appear and drop off as per their start and finish dates.
Sometimes you will have 3 missions showing on the navigation map at different times.
You will always see at least 1 mission in the Total Germany Campaign until SWA finishes at midnight on June 1st 1940.
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats

Code:
It will end whether you are at sea or docked.
It does not matter.
If you request this mission which you can as many times as you want as long as it is still showing you will continue to receive patrol objectives.
This is the same for any other objective except the specific one like BTF where you need to sink 1 capital ship.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 08-15-16 at 05:08 AM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 05:00 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > manu222
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod
Highly Recommended > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Old 08-17-16, 12:16 PM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
OK, as I understand it, you have to be at sea when your current mission ends.

So I'm currently doing Eastern British Coastal Waters

Which is 04/09/39 - 01/12/39.

Steve
Negative mate...You only have to be at sea on individual campaign ending date and in case of first Coastal Waters campaign this date is 00.00h 06/01/1940.
In order for campaign transfer to works correctly, most of the people will also need to utilize one of the provided Mama's background processes/OSI.exe priority tweaks.
I have explain this process to the best of my abilities in TWoS FAQ and Tips section. I'm afraid that I cant be more clear than that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Steve
Basically it is only the first Baltic Operation that you needed to worry about as this is an OHII add on to the stock game.
If I remember correctly , you've stated in one of your posts Peter that transfer to Kiel after Danzing bay mission is influenced by status of Danzing bay objectives ? Right?
You should know that this is not the case in TWoS /OHII. Base transfers are exclusively date and current flotilla dependable and this has nothing to do with objectives/mission statuses...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-16, 10:03 PM   #7
maillemaker
Sea Lord

OK so I only need to be at sea on CAMPAIGN end dates, not on MISSION end dates, correct?

Steve
Old 08-18-16, 03:08 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER

Hi Vecko
My reply was in relation to Steve's other thread on the same day where he implies that he does not want to do missions and campaigns but just to do his own thing not worrying about mission dates.
I do not know why he started a new thread and just continued with a new question on the other one from the 13th as they are both related threads.
Peter
Old 08-18-16, 05:03 AM   #9
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK so I only need to be at sea on CAMPAIGN end dates, not on MISSION end dates, correct?

Steve
That's right...And here's an example of correctly triggered in game campaign transfer...

Also, don't forget about Mama's tweaks because you will probably need one of them in order to trigger campaign transfer correctly(note the date and time).

If Mama's tweaks wont work, then you may use my alternative method of campaign transfer which assumes few manual copy/pasted files in your last gamesave (don't need to worry about campaign ending dates in this case).

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-02-16 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-20-16, 04:51 PM   #10
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Quote:
My reply was in relation to Steve's other thread on the same day where he implies that he does not want to do missions and campaigns but just to do his own thing not worrying about mission dates.
I do not know why he started a new thread and just continued with a new question on the other one from the 13th as they are both related threads.
Peter
Because no one could give a good answer to whether or not the game AI ships proceeded if you did not move from campaign to campaign, so I decided to try and stick with the campaign dates.

Steve
Old 08-20-16, 08:00 PM   #11
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Because no one could give a good answer to whether or not the game AI ships proceeded if you did not move from campaign to campaign, so I decided to try and stick with the campaign dates.

Steve
If you don't trigger campaign transfer on campaign chapter ending date, the war will continue for you but without any visible objectives, side missions and sea/air traffic characteristic only for early war period (1939/mid 1940)...
Campaign transfer can be a bit tricky to triggers but there are several tested ways to do so...All of them are linked in TWoS FAQ and Tips section...
Old 08-27-16, 12:07 AM   #12
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Quote:
the war will continue for you but without any visible objectives, side missions and sea/air traffic characteristic only for early war period (1939/mid 1940)...
So basically the war gets stuck at 1940 as far as targets of all kinds go?

Steve
Old 09-05-16, 03:47 PM   #13
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Ok I ended my patrol on June 5, 1940, which means I was at sea a tthe endof the Coastal Waters Campaign on June 1, 1940, and now when I ask for mission orders we are still at Coastal Waters Campaign with no missions available to select.

Guess I have to go look at the Mama thing.

Steve
Old 09-05-16, 03:53 PM   #14
maillemaker
Sea Lord

The WoS install page says:

- How can I pass from one campaign chapter to the next one? (IMPORTANT)
Campaign transfers in TWoS are date controlled. This means that, in order to trigger the campaign transfer, you will have to be ON PATROL when ending date of your current campaign chapter is reached, preferably somewhere at open sea without AI units in your vicinity. This is important so pay special attention not to skip this date due to badly timed docking...The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is on 1st June 1940, "Happy Times" ends on 1st march 1941 ect. Check ending dates for other campaigns here.

Now, there is a catch... Due to certain broken aspects of SH5's launcher, there is a possibility that even upon reaching campaign chapter ending date, campaign transfer still may fail to initialize (your patrol just goes on without any visible objectives). In this case, you should load your previous gamesave (made before campaign chapter ending date) and use one of these two methods (this or this) to trigger campaign transfer correctly... For this method to work, the TDW patch which disables Uplay browser should be disabled (by default in TWoS). Note that Mama's solutions with TWoS can be necessary only when you expecting campaign transfer, on campaign chapter ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without these tweaks, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.

Can someone provide a link to detailed instructions on how to do this?

Steve
Old 09-05-16, 05:19 PM   #15
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Can you be more specific? Which part exactly is unclear to you?

Quote:
In this case, you should load your previous gamesave (made before campaign chapter ending date) and use one of these two methods (this or this) to trigger campaign transfer correctly...
Did you try to do this procedure?