SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-17, 01:32 AM   #1
acoromi
Nub

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default Suggestion to the developers: Save feature?

Hi all

I think it would be a good thing to have a sort of "Save" feature, and to be able to save a game in progress at any time and restore it later.

I play the game when I have time, and usually I don't have enough time to finish the mission on a single play. This will help me a lot.

And then, it would be a good choice to implement Steam Cloud to sync savefiles between differents computers.

Thank you!
acoromi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 02:49 PM   #2
MisterMannIndy
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

I just started the 84 Campaign and realized there are times when I need to save and address real life issues. It would be great to save and come back to where I was ..... Now I realize this might not be possible (or just really difficult) so maybe there are other options?

For instance - the game autosaves ahead of combat, right? Is there a way to quit the game and next time restart at the beginning of combat? Sure, I can go to task manager and kill the game, but I'd rather not do that.

Maybe I'm just blind and not seeing the option to quit. All I am seeing is the abandon ship option - that's going to update the save file so I don't want to do that, correct?

Any ideas? Aside don't start playing when I don't have enough time to devote to an encounter.
MisterMannIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 02:46 PM   #3
Foxendown
Bosun

Downloads: 79

I think this is a good idea. If you never use accelerated time like me and like to pad around at 5 knots running silent a scenario can take quite a while. I think I have started the Bastion Gambit scenario at least 8 times, but I never finish it.
Foxendown is offline   Reply With Quote