SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-18, 03:40 PM   #9616
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi fitz
Does the Antilag application not give you the option to run it as an administrator?
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 06:37 PM   #9617
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fitz
Does the Antilag application not give you the option to run it as an administrator?
Peter
It is a dll, not and exe. An special direct3-9 dll.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 05:07 PM   #9618
vit90
Seaman

Downloads: 100
SHO Ship recognition

Hello there))
Can somebody tell me how can i make an auto recognition of the ships? I have switched on auto targeting system but i can't see in my book of the ships (type, tonnage, etc.) a highlighted ship.
vit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 05:50 PM   #9619
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit90 View Post
Hello there))
Can somebody tell me how can i make an auto recognition of the ships? I have switched on auto targeting system but i can't see in my book of the ships (type, tonnage, etc.) a highlighted ship.
Do you use the Auto ID UI addon mod?

Search it in the Vecko MF page, post 1 of this thread. You have diverse addon mods for TWoS.

https://m.mediafire.com/folder/6xdh6...ods_and_Addons

Regards

Fitzcarraldo
Old 01-26-18, 05:19 AM   #9620
vit90
Seaman

Downloads: 100
SHO Ship recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Do you use the Auto ID UI addon mod?

Search it in the Vecko MF page, post 1 of this thread. You have diverse addon mods for TWoS.

https://m.mediafire.com/folder/6xdh6...ods_and_Addons

Regards

Fitzcarraldo
Thank you a lot. I didn't know about that earlier.
vit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 08:11 AM   #9621
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

I don;t know if this was discussed already but anyway to increase tc past 64 its really anoying getting out of ports.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 08:56 AM   #9622
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I don;t know if this was discussed already but anyway to increase tc past 64 its really anoying getting out of ports.
It's capped for stability I think. I know the stock game crashes easily whith high TC and objects or traffic nearby. Also for that reason you cannot go to 1024 like in stock.
But when using Automation for port traffic, you can increase the sub speed to middle/full speed, it won't confuse the script and you go out of port pretty fast with TC 64.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 09:46 AM   #9623
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

I can choose more than 512x tc is it normal?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 09:52 AM   #9624
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I can choose more than 512x tc is it normal?
No, I was not clear enough, in the *stock game* you can go to TC 1024, but at your own risk... In TWoS the default max is 512.
Old 01-29-18, 11:57 AM   #9625
THEBERBSTER

High Guys
Quote:
In TWoS the default max is 512.
Add a , and 1024 and you can use Travel Mode to increase your TC at your own risk of course.
Peter
Old 01-30-18, 02:53 PM   #9626
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default Journal and Destroyed marks

I still have a question about the Ship's Journal and Destroyed marks.

A. Is there a difference between activating your Ships Journal via the Main Menu before loading your game ....

or

B. just leaving the Main Menu Journal to none and loading the Journal once the game starts?

I find that if I load the Journal AFTER I load the game (option B) the time it takes to load is a lot less.

Also, if I did Option A I would STILL have to load the journal once the game starts to get my Nav and Supermarks. Only difference is I would have to Uncheck "Read Journal Entries" because those were already loaded.

Also when I leave the game...if I'm using option B....I can just Save the Journal manually.....before Manually saving game and and exit to Windows if I want to.

So my question is ....is there a right and wrong way to use the Journal? Is there anything wrong with Manually loading and saving it?

Lastly, ever since starting to use the Journal....Destroyed marks haven't appeared at all. The only caveat being that i've only suck 4 ships from 2 different convoys in the game and NO marks appeared when they were sunk. After researching a little bit...it seems Destroyed marks are buggy to say the least...as there are known issues of them loading at 0 N, 0 W or not appearing at all. Half the reason I wanted to use the Journal was to make a journal specificly to track my destroyed marks through a career. I guess this just isn't possible.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-18, 07:49 PM   #9627
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
I still have a question about the Ship's Journal and Destroyed marks.

A. Is there a difference between activating your Ships Journal via the Main Menu before loading your game ....

or

B. just leaving the Main Menu Journal to none and loading the Journal once the game starts?

I find that if I load the Journal AFTER I load the game (option B) the time it takes to load is a lot less.

Also, if I did Option A I would STILL have to load the journal once the game starts to get my Nav and Supermarks. Only difference is I would have to Uncheck "Read Journal Entries" because those were already loaded.

Also when I leave the game...if I'm using option B....I can just Save the Journal manually.....before Manually saving game and and exit to Windows if I want to.

So my question is ....is there a right and wrong way to use the Journal? Is there anything wrong with Manually loading and saving it?

Lastly, ever since starting to use the Journal....Destroyed marks haven't appeared at all. The only caveat being that i've only suck 4 ships from 2 different convoys in the game and NO marks appeared when they were sunk. After researching a little bit...it seems Destroyed marks are buggy to say the least...as there are known issues of them loading at 0 N, 0 W or not appearing at all. Half the reason I wanted to use the Journal was to make a journal specificly to track my destroyed marks through a career. I guess this just isn't possible.
B for me. I have all the entries and supermarks, and destroyed marks. I don´t remember to use your A option any time.

Regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo
Old 01-30-18, 11:32 PM   #9628
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Hi guys,
I want to re-open the questions about the bad position of the deck gun once the crew is leaving it. I have read the sticky tutorial post and usually I make all the right steps to unman the deckgun, problem is: this time I used the Trevally script for zig-zaging and using the deck gun automatically. After deactivating the script, the deck gun is in bad position (don't know if this matters for sub operation, I guess yes.)

I have redone all steps to re-man the deck gun and unman it, but it vain. What I did:

1. Tell WO to man the deck gun
2. Go to Battlestations Level 2
3. The other deck gun icons are already in right position (man deck gun; stop firing)

I then exactly revert the steps above, still the deckgun is not aligned. Any idea?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-18, 06:30 AM   #9629
THEBERBSTER

Hi XS
The deck gun position is an easy one to answer.
You must always go to Battle Stations before using the deck gun from the Watch Officer icon Battle Stations which will turn yellow.
When you have finished with the deck gun click on the icon again and the deck gun will correctly go back to the forward position.
I have 2 tutorials which show the difference with and without the icon.
Peter
Old 01-31-18, 09:31 AM   #9630
Sauroketh
Mate

Downloads: 59

Lord be praised!
Our Lord Poseidon, I mean.
Sauroketh is offline   Reply With Quote