SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-08, 01:53 PM   #616
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

Is the GWX 16km mod needed for this? or is it already in it?
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 01:57 PM   #617
Lible
Mate

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

It clearly says in the readme this is standalone.
Lible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 02:11 PM   #618
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

I must read over it then, didnt saw it.. looked twice.. lol'.
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 02:30 PM   #619
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

It's stated in post #1 of this thread, not sure about the readme, but anyway Lible is correct - use this instead of the 16km mod. Also, be sure to check post #1 anytime you have a question. Something like 90% of the questions asked are already answered there rather than in a readme because it's easier to keep a post up-to-date with current info.
Old 05-15-08, 02:53 PM   #620
Azrael Valedhel
Watch

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Made warship hydrophone contacts appear in red.
Erm... I never knew this... Maybe because while playing I never saw one single warship hydrophone contact line in red? They were all black/grey as usual. Am I missing something? :>

[GWX2.1 + 26thAprilFix + OLC Ubermod]
Old 05-15-08, 03:40 PM   #621
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael Valedhel
Quote:
Made warship hydrophone contacts appear in red.
Erm... I never knew this... Maybe because while playing I never saw one single warship hydrophone contact line in red? They were all black/grey as usual. Am I missing something? :>

[GWX2.1 + 26thAprilFix + OLC Ubermod]
Did you enable all three parts of the Ubermod?
Old 05-15-08, 04:26 PM   #622
Azrael Valedhel
Watch

Sure did. The Ubermod becomes uber only if everything is enabled. There's no sense to throw out any part of this mod... as only when all parts are enabled one can feel and experience what modder wanted to accomplish. At least that's how it is in my book

I enabled all parts, did it on correct order (I tend to actually read the readme files) and never saw any red hydrophone line... It's not really that much important, I just read 1st post again and my mouse pointer screamed to me "something's not right, dude!".
I can live with it - it's just a feedback.
Old 05-15-08, 04:38 PM   #623
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Sure did. The Ubermod becomes uber only if everything is enabled. There's no sense to throw out any part of this mod... as only when all parts are enabled one can feel and experience what modder wanted to accomplish. At least that's how it is in my book

I enabled all parts, did it on correct order (I tend to actually read the readme files) and never saw any red hydrophone line... It's not really that much important, I just read 1st post again and my mouse pointer screamed to me "something's not right, dude!".
I can live with it - it's just a feedback.
Well I've got red contact lines for warships in my game, and as this was a very simple change I'm a bit confused by your feedback, so I have to ask obvious questions:
Which version of the Ubermod are you using?
Do you have any other mods installed?
Old 05-15-08, 05:11 PM   #624
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Nice sun!!! Do you have an ATI card? I have an NVidia BFG GSX 8800 and only geta sun like a dot
I also only get a dot instead of a real shining sun I wonder why? I have an ATI X850 XT card

Has anyone an idea what may cause the 'non-shining' sun? Some special graphics card settings?

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 05:18 PM   #625
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Nice sun!!! Do you have an ATI card? I have an NVidia BFG GSX 8800 and only geta sun like a dot
I also only get a dot instead of a real shining sun I wonder why? I have an ATI X850 XT card

Has anyone an idea what may cause the 'non-shining' sun? Some special graphics card settings?

Best, LGN1
I have an X800XT, which is presumably similar to your X850XT, so maybe the "fix" I use will work for you:
  1. Make sure you're using the latest official drivers - NOT omega drivers.
  2. Go into the CCC and:
    • Enable AA and move the slider to 4X or higher
    • Enable Adaptive AA and move the slider to "Quality"
    • Enable Catalyst AI and move the slider to "Standard"
Old 05-15-08, 06:32 PM   #626
Azrael Valedhel
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Well I've got red contact lines for warships in my game, and as this was a very simple change I'm a bit confused by your feedback, so I have to ask obvious questions:
Which version of the Ubermod are you using?
Do you have any other mods installed?
I can understand that... Obvious things are not always obvious to everybody
Rubini's Water Streams - yes, installed in a proper way (although I presume it has nothing to do with the issue). By the time I wrote that post I still had "OLC Ubermod 2.1.1" - then I updated to 2.1.2 (btw the fix seems to be working with no further issues ) and after doing that I ran the game to make a screenshot of the map with black warship hydrophone contact line (man, that's one hella long sentence^^) and what I saw was... Red line :hmm:
And yes, the lines were all black before, I'm sure of that. I was sneaking into english port to send 10000BRT Modern Tanker to the bottom (actually I didn't know it will be there, I would just sink any big ship there^^), and after doing that I was slowly disappearing with all those armed traulers and destroyers all over me... and the lines were black. Another example would be Scapa Flow, a bunch of Royal Navy - not one red line, all black... But whatever - it seems to work now, so lets just forget it.

Quote:
I have 8800 card, and I get the flat sun too. At least when using AA. Shift+PgUp gets the sun nice and shiny (the "bloom feature") - but it disables AA. If you ask me - it's such a minor issue... especially if you play mainly without external camera.

Last edited by Azrael Valedhel; 05-15-08 at 07:34 PM.
Azrael Valedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:29 PM   #627
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Quote:
I have 8800 card, and I get the flat sun too. At least when using AA. Shift+PgUp gets the sun nice and shiny (the "bloom feature") - but it disables AA. If you ask me - it's such a minor issue... especially if you play mainly without external camera.
Do not use Shift pgup it turns off AA

This is the settings I use. I get that nice sun effect. Nothing fancy.
Old 05-16-08, 01:01 AM   #628
Lible
Mate

Downloads: 3

OLC, you have messed up the torpedo graphics. More specifically, the one that show up with the description.

None of the popups are correct. I won't go too specific. The correct graphics show at the weapon's management thing, but once you click on a torpedo to get the description, the picture that pops up with the description is not the right one.
Lible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 01:32 AM   #629
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lible
OLC, you have messed up the torpedo graphics. More specifically, the one that show up with the description.

None of the popups are correct. I won't go too specific. The correct graphics show at the weapon's management thing, but once you click on a torpedo to get the description, the picture that pops up with the description is not the right one.
I just looked into this and it seems GWX changed the graphics at some point. BTW you have it the wrong way around - the torpedo management screen is showing the wrong graphic, but the "popup" is correct.

Anyway, nice timing. I was just about to release 2.1.3 so I quickly added a fix for this.
Old 05-16-08, 02:32 AM   #630
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default OLC Ubermod 2.1.3 released.

Changes in this version:
  • Re-merged parts 2 and 3, so the Ubermod once again has just 2 parts i.e. the realistic map contact updates are now part of the OLC GUI Special mod.
  • Updated the torpedo graphics on the weapon management screens to match those in GWX 2.1.
  • Added a new Rudder Amidships command to the CE Maneuvers menu.
  • Fixed the incorrect mast height of the Small Freighter (this was a GWX 2.1 bug/issue).