SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-19, 04:51 PM   #1
Darman Ordo
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New to Sub Sims and Looking to get this Game

Like the title of this thread, I am new to Sub Sims, but I am looking to get this game. I just have a few questions about the game.

1. Is the skills required to play this game hard to pick up?
2. Is there a way to practice and learn the basics?
3. Is the community open to new players?

I would be greatful if someone could answer these questions. As I don't have anyone I know that shares the same interest as I do in this game, I don't have another noob like me to screw up repeatedly to learn the game.
Darman Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 05:28 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Darman Ordo! 1:no 2: yes 3: yes

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 06:45 PM   #3
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

I do not stream, I'm USELESS at that sort of thing, but I wanted to show this amazing game / experience to a friend, so I live streamed about 30mins of me showing her the game and the controls.

She bought the game, and so did one other person who joined the stream.

I apologise there is no game audio - I have no idea why; it's a tragedy because the sound design in this game is outstanding and incredible.

However, as far as the community is concerned, yes there are always trolls, idiots and people who just want to take over and never listen to orders.

Most, however, are respectful, grown up and considerate players and we're all learning together - even if we've played sub games for 20+ years, this game's unique experience and take on the genre is so tense, refreshing and challenging that it's a wonderfully unique game and worth every penny and more.

It's very highly polished - even for a full release, compared to most AAA games, let alone this being the first Alpha release.

I hope this video is of some use; I'm VERY hesitant to share it - I never expected anyone to see it other than my friend, so take it as it comes. I'm not a YouTuber by any means - unless that means watching copious amounts of Dog videos.

I'm going to be playing this alot, so if you want some help, look me up - steam name: Captain Summers
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 08:05 PM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Hi Darman, welcome aboard.

1. Is the skills required to play this game hard to pick up? Not really, the main skill involved are patience, determination, and developing some basic orientation skills (being able to figure out where the targets are headed and how to plot a suitable intercept course.

2. Is there a way to practice and learn the basics? You bet. First check the Tactics & Tips thread for the tutorial videos. And then watch the WPL forum for a scheduled Newbie Tactical Training Session. Sign up there when you see one. We will school you through the basics and have a good time doing so.

3. Is the community open to new players? This is Subsim, where we have a long legacy of helping new players. It's why we're here.

Any other questions?

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-08-19 at 05:06 AM. Reason: unmessed up my link ;)
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 08:51 PM   #5
Darman Ordo
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the all replies. I think I will pick up the game. I assume to find groups I can just use the "Wolfpack League" forum. I guess 1 last question is their Discord/TS groups that I could also join to look for groups?
Darman Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 10:02 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Darman Ordo! 1:no 2: yes 3: yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Hi Darman, welcome aboard.

1. Is the skills required to play this game hard to pick up? Not really, the main skill involved are patience, determination, and developing some basic orientation skills (being able to figure out where the targets are headed and how to plot a suitable intercept course.

2. Is there a way to practice and learn the basics? You bet. First check the Tactics & Tips thread for the tutorial videos. And then watch the WPL forum for a scheduled Newbie Tactical Training Session. Sign up there when you see one. We will school you through the basics and have a good time doing so.

3. Is the community open to new players? This is Subsim, where we have a long legacy of helping new players. It's why we're here.

Any other questions?
hey Onkel! I already answered those questions ...succinctley! Let's try to save bandwith cos$t$ man!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 10:41 PM   #7
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Neal messed up his green link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=291