SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-09, 05:19 PM   #31
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf
Anything here for you ?

That's looking good badwolf :rotfl:

Can I have menworkv2Final for the moment?

(I'd love to change teh face and all but they'll probably conflict and it'll take some time to find which one I like and make a tasty cocktail; am too lazy for that now...)
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 06:54 PM   #32
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

Hi sonicninja
Your 2 Das Boot files are in the file below

http://files.filefront.com/Das+Boot+.../fileinfo.html

Hi jimmie
Your menworkv2Final below it includes ichso mod (see ichso's posts in this thread)

http://files.filefront.com/menworkv2.../fileinfo.html

If you decide to change the faces I suggest Fubars_crew_skins4 easy to install JSGME ready and for eyecandy you can save/exit game mid patrol enable Bearded_faces and you have a crew with beards. I can't see any reason for this not to work with any supermod, I used this idea for GWX 2.1 with a great effect, leave port crew clean shaven and they return with beards (Requires a false beard for self for added effect) .

All files have been re-downloaded - tested with 7-zip for errors and scanned with Kaspersky.
badwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 10:58 PM   #33
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

If i may make a suggestion could you make the shirts look a little dirtier or more older. At the moment sorry to say this but they make the crew look like models waiting to go on the cat walk rather then a crew who might have spent weeks at sea. No offense intended just wonder if it could be done.
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 02:14 AM   #34
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439

Here's a pic of Jurgen Oesten wearing one of these, I'm guessing when he was stationed in Norway: http://www.uboat.net/men/photos/oesten2.jpg

Great mod. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertien
@Ichso

The WO has a pullover like my granddad used to wear one when he was on southpole expedition. A Norwegian Pullover. The problem is that I don't know how to model a Turteneck, let alone if it can be done. It looks awkward in the screenshot, but quite good ingame IMO.

I will get some more clothes done, using pictures on this website as a base. I think that a Norwegian fisherman's pullover would not look bad on one of my crewmembers.

If I get the contrast down It looks like a Versace shirt, but you are welcome to change it and show me some screens of your result.

By making a work path in the tga around the checkered area, you can change the colour to whatever you like using the settings :

Image->adjustments->hue and saturation in photoshop. I use CS 2.

Brightness and contrast are located in that same menu as is colorize. So grab it below and make your own Lumberjack Collection.

Here is the photoshop file collection if you want to create your own. Just use the path over your existing tga files in your modfolder to change the colour with the settings above.
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 06:44 AM   #35
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Thank you very much badwolf!
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 12:13 PM   #36
sonicninja
Watch Officer

Downloads: 936

much appreciated badwolf, loving your work shipmate
sonicninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 02:00 PM   #37
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

I have only done a service in making the download re-available.
I am not the modder of these files, credit goes to:-

dertien - menworkv2Final

Payoff -
Das Boot clothes
badwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 04:22 PM   #38
Lt. Sven Thomsen
Watch

Downloads: 73

Yeah, I'd like to see bearded_faces. Thanks a lot in advance!
Lt. Sven Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 08:42 AM   #39
evan82
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
If i may make a suggestion could you make the shirts look a little dirtier or more older. At the moment sorry to say this but they make the crew look like models waiting to go on the cat walk rather then a crew who might have spent weeks at sea. No offense intended just wonder if it could be done.
I think this is very good mod. But I rerworked some shirts for my game. Exacly. Now the shirts look a little dirtier or more older. Also I used only a shirts, sweaters and not everything.

But this mod is great.
Old 12-25-10, 02:31 AM   #40
Uboat177
Mate

Downloads: 138

Hi,

I'm trying to combine a few officer clothing patterns from the Das Boot Clothes Mod just for personal use. In the data>crew>body>body01>OFF_TGA folder, I notice the numbers go from "01_OFF_Body01_D" up to "09_OFF_Body01_D."

If I add an extra clothing pattern to the mod, would "10_OFF_Body01_D" be the correct way to do so? Or is there a limit to how many clothing patterns can be placed in the OFF_TGA folder?

Thanks.

EDIT: This will add a bug to the barracks page while in base; the recruitment tab of warrant officers will have some missing icons/face images.

Last edited by Uboat177; 12-27-10 at 10:07 AM.
Uboat177 is offline   Reply With Quote